NLCS: Dodgers vs Braves

I saw the post someone made about our starting 8 and our pitching staff with their ages out to the right. It hit me how young this team is  Freddie is the only one I remember being over 30, most 26 and under. I think we’ll be ok for a while. 

Guys like Austin Riley needs to work with whomever worked with Duvall on hitting approach. There are some mechanical issues but he needs a better plan or approach at the plate. If I recall Dansby was at this point a couple of years ago. 

Edited by Trump MAGA
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stolen from Braves sub Reddit.  

What I'm learning this week is that there's a difference between working from home and working from home when the Braves have a playoff game each day.

You can take that pessimistic attitude back to TATF.  This is their first NLCS appearance in 19 years, I’m going to enjoy the ride wherever it takes us. 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Trump MAGA said:

I saw the post someone made about our starting 8 and our pitching staff with their ages out to the right. It hit me how young this team is  Freddie is the only one I remember being over 30, most 26 and under. I think we’ll be ok for a while. 

Guys like Austin Riley needs to work with whomever worked with Duvall on hitting approach. There are some mechanical issues but he needs a better plan or approach at the plate. If I recall Dansby was at this point a couple of years ago. 

Chipper revamped Dansby's swing just prior to 2019. Chipper has also worked closely with Riley in recent years. Hes mentioned many times that all Riley needs is to grasp the mental side of it.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster: the ending really, really sucked. I can't help but to think about taking advantage of opportunities that are there. I'm speaking to the choir here when I say LA Dodgers are the best team in baseball, but sometimes you gotta shock the world and take them when they're available, like upsets that happen in March Madness.

Being up 3 to 1, and we had two-run leads in two of three clinching games in G5 and G7...it hurts. Very much. I'm appreciative that we finally got out of the LDS for the first time in 19 years, but when you look at teams like Washington Nationals who went all the way to win the WS after winning its very first playoff series in its franchise history in Washington, you gotta try and take advantage of them when you can. I think the difference here was that Nationals needed three wins to get by Dodgers, while we needed four. 

I've seen some people commenting to say future is bright or that we should have multiple rings by the decade is over, etc etc but we can't really say that until we finally do get one. The FO and ownership need to be aggressive in securing elite players like Bauer and Ozuna. 

3 hours ago, ATLBham said:

Long-time lurker, first-time poster: the ending really, really sucked. I can't help but to think about taking advantage of opportunities that are there. I'm speaking to the choir here when I say LA Dodgers are the best team in baseball, but sometimes you gotta shock the world and take them when they're available, like upsets that happen in March Madness.

Being up 3 to 1, and we had two-run leads in two of three clinching games in G5 and G7...it hurts. Very much. I'm appreciative that we finally got out of the LDS for the first time in 19 years, but when you look at teams like Washington Nationals who went all the way to win the WS after winning its very first playoff series in its franchise history in Washington, you gotta try and take advantage of them when you can. I think the difference here was that Nationals needed three wins to get by Dodgers, while we needed four. 

I've seen some people commenting to say future is bright or that we should have multiple rings by the decade is over, etc etc but we can't really say that until we finally do get one. The FO and ownership need to be aggressive in securing elite players like Bauer and Ozuna. 

Getting over the mental block of winning a playoff series was huge for us.  This team was two years away when the season started...with a healthy Soroka I believe we win the WS.  But who knows, perhaps we don’t see Anderson it Soroka was healthy all year