Matt Ryan isn't going anywhere

Falcon You

I have been reading through the forum and I have seen multiple times that we need to draft a QB and move on from Ryan.  I agree, BTW, but do you honestly think the Falcons will do that.  They won't even fire the HC when he can't put a respectable team on the field.  No way the Falcons will do anything.  They will continue to do what they are doing now and keep Ryan until he can't throw 10 yards.  Blank never makes aggressive moves and Dimi is a dumb***.  We need new ownership and a new front office.

37 minutes ago, Falcon You said:

I have been reading through the forum and I have seen multiple times that we need to draft a QB and move on from Ryan.  I agree, BTW, but do you honestly think the Falcons will do that.  They won't even fire the HC when he can't put a respectable team on the field.  No way the Falcons will do anything.  They will continue to do what they are doing now and keep Ryan until he can't throw 10 yards.  Blank never makes aggressive moves and Dimi is a dumb***.  We need new ownership and a new front office.

New Coach + New GM + Top 5 Pick + 36 year old QB = Draft QB

5 hours ago, caponine said:

If we get a new coach like Eric B. then he is drafting his QB. A guy like Mahomes, not a 36 year old guy with a weak arm ( no offense) but Ryan cant really do the things Mahomes can,  so i think we are getting a new QB

Mahomes is a once in a generation talent. There arent any guys like mahomes coming out this year, or past years for that matter. He has the right combination of pocket presence and scrambling ability to go with an insane amount of awareness, understanding of the offense and god given talent. Just because a guy can scramble doesnt make him " like" mahomes.

It's not so much of people calling for Ryan's Head. We're at the bottom of the barrel. If we finish in the bottom 2, Lawrence and Fields should be at the top of our draft board. The Texans, Giants, Jets, and Falcons are all 0-4. 

Out of those teams, we're probably the biggest surprise. We can't afford to wait for Ryan to develop under another OC. You can't be one of the worst teams on the NFL, with a payroll of the best team in the NFL.

With an 0-4 start to what was supposed to be a triumphant return to the play-offs, there's no doubt we're seeing the beginning of the end of the Dan Quinn era, and to Mattie Ice, greatest Falcon QB in the history of the franchise. 

My view is Ryan was a great QB for us who deserved to retire with a SB ring. The chance of that happening now is basically zero.

The years left on his contract the team will be in re-building mode, and his main role will be focused on helping a young QB learn the ropes. That's a shame.

As for DQ, he had a good ride, but it was a journey destined to only go as far as Kyle Shanahan could drive it. I don't feel sorry for him. He had a legit shot to bring this team it's first SB title, but couldn't close the deal.  

As for us Falcon fans, it's just another chapter closing with familiar pangs of disappointment and frustration.

But hope springs eternal, even for us old-timers who have been here from the beginning. Can't wait to see who the new HC (and OC and DC!!) are going to be! And no offense intended, Ice, but I wonder who the new young gunslinger will be as well.

SgC7i.gif

2 hours ago, falcon1fan said:

Mahomes is a once in a generation talent. There arent any guys like mahomes coming out this year, or past years for that matter. He has the right combination of pocket presence and scrambling ability to go with an insane amount of awareness, understanding of the offense and god given talent. Just because a guy can scramble doesnt make him " like" mahomes.

I just said a guy like him, someone with a strong arm, more mobile and can do much more than Ryan. You really think if Eric comes here, he is going to want a declining 36 year with no arm ??? 

21 minutes ago, WhiskeyBruh said:

People want to get rid of the best QB in franchise history and currently the only good thing about this team. I'll never understand it.

With Ryan we have had a losing record going on 3 seasons now. Can do that with any QB. His cap hit is skyrocketing to 40m the next 2 years. Good luck building any decent team

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

Were 2nd right now

I "think" the tie breaker is points differential. I don't' feel like doing the research atm. I'm just looking at NFL.coms "League" standings.

If you want a top 5 pick, keep hoping for getting blown out and that any wins we do get are really close games. Jets point differential looks really solid right now. Since I don't believe in "can't miss draft picks," I'm going to hope for a win. Can't help myself. 

5 minutes ago, falcndave said:

I "think" the tie breaker is points differential. I don't' feel like doing the research atm. I'm just looking at NFL.coms "League" standings.

If you want a top 5 pick, keep hoping for getting blown out and that any wins we do get are really close games. Jets point differential looks really solid right now. Since I don't believe in "can't miss draft picks," I'm going to hope for a win. Can't help myself. 

NFL Tank a Thon stays updated weekly. Its strength of schedule for tiebreaker. We have the 2nd lowest strength of schedule out of the winless teams.

3 minutes ago, WhiskeyBruh said:

Whether you want to believe it or not we're better off wit him. You don't want to have QB issues. Y'all should know that.

Whiskey on top of the Myriad of issues this team has, and the teams trajectory at this point.....Even if they manage to screw the season up again and go 7-9......

Time.....is....winding.....up....On Matt Ryan, and the talent at QB next year and the year after is good enough for any team in a zero wins, possibly new gm and staff, situation,  to think about moving forward.....

You can't throw time in a bottle and hope it doesn't get out, you can't throw his contract in a bottle and hope it doesn't get out, and if they wait until his contract is actually manageable to move forward it will be to late

Falcons keep Matt Ryan, I firmly believe it will be another decade before they contend for a Superbowl