Let's talk about the time the 2015 Panthers at 14-0 came into Atlanta and got beat!

They had just beaten us 38-0 two weeks earlier. We had just been on a 6 game losing streak. Everyone was mad at Dan Quinn and our offensive play calling. Typical Falcons season. 

But then the 14-0 Panthers came in to Atlanta and we punched them right in the mouth and Dan Quinn's defense knocked the MVP out of Cam Newton. 

One of the best games and moments as a Falcons fan. 

What do you guys remember about this awesome game?

I remember walking into the Georgia Dome in a sea of blue.  It was cold and drippy outside like a Carolina morning... me and my brother was just there for the alcohol and to say we had showed up.

There was every type of inbred possible and I was in a section where I swear I was the only Falcon fan.  The game started and as i remember the Panthers started fast, they were a juggernaut that year.  but this was the beginning of the Brotherhood, and the hitting got really intense.  The Falcons had been really embarrassed that first game and they were truly laying it on the line.

By halftime, you could really sense it.. the Falcons were punching them in the mouth and they were punching them hard.  the score was close but it was a beatdown happening.  Then, all of a sudden Mike Person snapped the ball like 20 yards over Ryans head.  The Carolina throng exploded... this was their killer shot moment.  I was sure we were toast.

But the Falcons defense was up for the challenge and we walked out with the win. I remember telling the Carolina fans that they needed that loss now instead of later, I really thought Carolina was going to win it all that year.  I think Denver saw the falcons approach and used it in the Super Bowl.  it was one of my best memories as a Falcons fan.

3 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

I’ve been to two games, this one and the 2014 opener against the Saints

Think those were literally the two best games over that two year period. Got very lucky

I saw us beat the Niners in 2007.

That game was horrible.  I was negotiating with a Niners fan in front of me to trade Joey Checkdown for Alex Smith straight up.  Turns out he should have taken that deal.

I will never forget, they started a play in cover 2, split safeties, and the safety on the strong side cheated in about 5 yards.  Roddy White was lined up on that side wide.  I elbowed my dad and said "this is going to be a touchdown."  Sure enough, Roddy breaks loose on a post and is wide open.  I mean WIDE open.  Joey shoulder faked the weak side safety, looked downfield at Roddy and...............hit someone, I don't even remember who or care, on a 5 yard drag route.  I thought I was going to throw up.  

34 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The Falcons always get hot at the end of the year for some reason.

Players want to have good late-season tape for thier next prospective employers, plus players with good contracts want to keep them.

Remember late 2018 when Beasley faced the reality of losing his 13 million extension?  Vic finished 2018 playing like an All Pro.   Vic did it again in late 2019.

We had had a five game win streak and a six game losing streak.    DeVonta Freeman, who showed out against Dallas, was mysteriously underused afterward.   Ryan was throwing the ball 40 plus times a game.

Finally, Quinn said in one of his presser:  "We need more balance in our offense"'

Then the Falcons went out and beat Carolina.   Number of offensive plays run:   60.   Pass plays, 30.  Run plays, 30.

Kyle delivered -exactly- what Quinn had asked for.   Like a petulant child.

21 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

We had had a five game win streak and a six game losing streak.    DeVonta Freeman, who showed out against Dallas, was mysteriously underused afterward.   Ryan was throwing the ball 40 plus times a game.

Finally, Quinn said in one of his presser:  "We need more balance in our offense"'

Then the Falcons went out and beat Carolina.   Number of offensive plays run:   60.   Pass plays, 30.  Run plays, 30.

Kyle delivered -exactly- what Quinn had asked for.   Like a petulant child.

I wish Quinn would tell Koetter we need a more balanced offense

2 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I wish Quinn would tell Koetter we need a more balanced offense

Its part of Quinn's 'process'.  Falcons have to lose some games so Quinn can decide what works and what doesn't.

Then the Falcons play some -more- games.  So that Quinn can be Absolutely Sure of what does and doesn't work.

And then..... after losing tons of games..... Quinn unveils his Grand Scheme to put the Falcons on the winning track for he rest of the season!

Well......it worked in 2016, right?