Wade Phillips wants to coach again...would love him as DC

I like Phillips ,Marinelli, Frazier, Pees, or Mangini.

I feel like I could help somebody,” Phillips recently told the Buffalo News. “That’s the only thing. But they’ve got to feel that way too. But there’ll be some teams that don’t do as well. Whether they'll consider me to help, I don’t know that.”

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He’s an adult, which would be a huge upgrade over the kiddiecorp brand of coaching we’ve seen on D these past 7+ years.

Yes please

Sign me up. I prefer a 3-4 and dude knows how to create havoc. He had 13 different Top 10 scoring defenses on 7 different teams.

50 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

I like Phillips ,Marinelli, Frazier, Pees, or Mangini.

I feel like I could help somebody,” Phillips recently told the Buffalo News. “That’s the only thing. But they’ve got to feel that way too. But there’ll be some teams that don’t do as well. Whether they'll consider me to help, I don’t know that.”

How old is he?

10 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Would need a off-season to install his defense.

That's why you never see teams hire coaches during the season unless it's an in-house promotion.

I understand we’d need offseason to overhaul but I’d like to have his input rt now w this group. They are not being utilized to their strengths.  Anything is better than what we have going.  Then worry about installing ur system and ur guys during offseason.  We need help now w scheme and utilization of current roster!!

8 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

I understand we’d need offseason to overhaul but I’d like to have his input rt now w this group. They are not being utilized to their strengths.  Anything is better than what we have going.  Then worry about installing ur system and ur guys during offseason.  We need help now w scheme and utilization of current roster!!

Players will have to have time to transition.

Making that big of a transition during the season will do more harm than good because it further complicates things in an already terrible situation.

Unless they are already in house, no coach would be willing to come into that situation.