Falcons Should Trade For Haskins

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put the pipe down.

You draft one.  You don't take another teams failed project who is already 2 years into his rookie contract and wouldn't start at least for another 2 years behind Ryan.  I'd rather stick with Benkert.

Dwayne Haskins gets worse than benched by Washington Football Team By Greg Joyce October 7, 2020 | 10:01am Not that we have coaches capable of grooming him, but with Haskins being bench

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Yeah...we need a backup to groom.  Haskins was 32/45 for 311 yards last week against the Ravens

You draft one.  You don't take another teams failed project who is already 2 years into his rookie contract and wouldn't start at least for another 2 years behind Ryan.  I'd rather stick with Benkert.

Just no.

6 minutes ago, athell said:

Just no.

I think Haskins could be a quality starter in a WCO if he sat and learned behind Ryan for a few years.  Could trade for draft picks or let him take over if he progresses enough.  Reminds me of Alex Smith

Again, this isn’t my franchise QB.  It’s the backup with plus potential

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think Haskins could be a quality starter in a WCO if he sat and learned behind Ryan for a few years.  Could trade for draft picks or let him take over if he progresses enough.  Reminds me of Alex Smith

Again, this isn’t my franchise QB.  It’s the backup with plus potential

Alex Smith???

lmao wut

The comp is ridiculous to Alex Smith, they are completely different players skill and trait wise...but it IS funny considering the Washington team is going with Alex Smith who nearly lost his leg and life to backup Allen and not Haskins.

We are about to enter a rebuild mode, we need all the picks we can get, shipping even a 4th away for a failed backup QB does not make any sense.  You roll with Benkert and eventually draft the replacement.

7 minutes ago, athell said:

The comp is ridiculous to Alex Smith, they are completely different players skill and trait wise...but it IS funny considering the Washington team is going with Alex Smith who nearly lost his leg and life to backup Allen and not Haskins.

We are about to enter a rebuild mode, we need all the picks we can get, shipping even a 4th away for a failed backup QB does not make any sense.  You roll with Benkert and eventually draft the replacement.

Similar to Smith.  Very conservative.  Won’t take chances.  Good at the short to intermediate but needs work on deep balls.

1 minute ago, athell said:

Cherry picking box score stats...cool.  Did you actually watch that, or any of his other, games?

The entire game.  He was fine.  Not great, but the arm talent is impressive.  He just needs a WCO and some more seasoning.

And his last game isn’t cherry picking.  It was his last game

5 minutes ago, athell said:

Since we are cherry picking, why don't you mention his 56%, 224 yards, 3 INT game against Cleveland the week prior?

Bro, you’re just talking to hear yourself.  He has played in 13 NFL Games and as I said, has been good and bad.  To me a solid investment as a #2 with plus potential.

He has only played 13 games.  In those games his on target % is 71%.  Ryan’s is 58% this year.  Not saying he is better than Ryan at all, but there is something there to work with and groom.  He is a guy who needed to sit a year or two before becoming a starter

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

Bro, you’re just talking to hear yourself.  He has played in 13 NFL Games and as I said, has been good and bad.  To me a solid investment as a #2 with plus potential.

He has only played 13 games.  In those games his on target % is 71%.  Ryan’s is 58% this year.  Not saying he is better than Ryan at all, but there is something there to work with and groom.  He is a guy who needed to sit a year or two before becoming a starter

1.  I'm not your bro

2.  Nothing about your post makes sense, down to the player comp which coincidentally enough I just found an article about Todd McShay making an odd comparison between the two (even though the comparison from a physical characteristic standpoint makes zero sense, but he was talking about accuracy so not surprising you are also talking accuracy and ignoring everything else)  so not surprising you still have yet to post an original thought on these message boards that hasn't been cherry picked from another source

3.  It's an absurd idea for a litany of reasons already mentioned so if anyone is talking just to hear themselves at this point, it ain't me

BTW...

https://saturdaytradition.com/ohio-state-football/todd-mcshay-makes-interesting-comparison-dwayne-haskins-another-former-urban-meyer-qb/

“I would argue Urban Meyer probably hasn’t had a more natural passer probably going back to Alex Smith,” McShay said. “He may not be the runner that some of the other quarterbacks have been, but this guy has got some special talent in terms of sitting in the pocket, reading defenses and throwing the ball accurately.

“He’s completing almost 80 percent of his throws. I know Urban Meyer is not on the sideline right now. And I know it’s Rutgers. And I know it’s Oregon State. But you can see it just studying the tape — the anticipation, the touch, the accuracy.”