Jump to content

Dan Quinn’s job status has not been discussed by Falcons - AJC


Recommended Posts

Just now, falconsd56 said:

He didn't stand in front of someone...he threw his shoulder into them and actually blocked 

Man what a great show of heart. Being a road block for a teammate on a 2 yard run...like I said...If that play is all it takes for you to think this team has any heart I don't know what to tell you.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And while I appreciate guys like McGary and others defending Quinn.  I'm sorry I don't want to hear it anymore.  At the end of the day this is a business not a circle of best friends.  Wish someone in

oh boy... I can't wait to go on a meaningless late season rally to cost us a top 5-10 pick AGAIN for the 3rd year in a row just for zero of that "momentum" to carry into the next season.

Interesting. I mean I'm all for giving 'your' guys breathing room, but at this point isn't DQ who we think he is. A guy who can lead a team on horrific losing streaks year after year. There's nothing

Posted Images

1 minute ago, athell said:

I also REAAAAAAAAAALLY don't want it to happen so I'm gonna will the universe into not letting it happen lol

Why?

I can understand being annoyed with Quinn but if he can get the team on track...why root against that?

There is zero guarantee  that a new coach would be better.... in fact it will probably be worse...it could be much much worse.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Why?

I can understand being annoyed with Quinn but if he can get the team on track...why root against that?

There is zero guarantee  that a new coach would be better.... in fact it will probably be worse...it could be much much worse.

 

 

 

Do you really need to ask why?  Really?

It's been 6 years now man...come on.

And miss me with the it could be much much worse stuff lmao.  Look at our history of collapses here under DQ.  There is no much much worse.  We ARE the much much worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Man what a great show of heart. Being a road block for a teammate on a 2 yard run...like I said...If that play is all it takes for you to think this team has any heart I don't know what to tell you.

 

How many QBs do you see throwing blocks on running plays?

It was a TD that the team needed to stay in the game....he did everything he could to make that happen.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

How many QBs do you see throwing blocks on running plays?

It was a TD that the team needed to stay in the game....he did everything he could to make that happen.

 

QBs throwing blocks and not throwing blocks is about being smart. More often than not it's not a wise decision. (Like when we played the Saints a few years back and Ryan ducked down before getting blasted on a freeman run). In this case, it was a short run against a DB that was barely moving. Great play. Smart play. Some heart for sure. 

But again, for the 3rd time...The team was flat and emotionless that entire 60 minute game. If you could not tell that from watching Idk what you were watching.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quinn is about an average head coach in my opinion.  The players love playing for him, which says a lot but other than that I can't really point to anything he excels at (X's and O's, leader of men type, getting the most out of a certain position group).  He was at his best when he surrounded himself with talented assistants (KS, Morris) but I'm not sure if it was for his own self-preservation or ineptitude that he seems to have made poor decisions on his staff (not retaining LaFleur as OC, hiding Morris as WR coach for 3 years).  I do think the decisions to fire the coordinators in 2018 were probably mandated from elsewhere. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

oh boy... I can't wait to go on a meaningless late season rally to cost us a top 5-10 pick AGAIN for the 3rd year in a row just for zero of that "momentum" to carry into the next season.

Don't forget saving Dan Quinn's job yet again. Injuries and pandemic off-season will make for a good excuse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea I don't really know...I usually don't get on the tank train until the team is officially eliminated or essentially has NO chance of going anywhere. It's still too early for me give up on wanting to win. 

But, I feel you. I want Quinn gone. I want everyone on the FO gone. Turning the season around interferes with that.

The thing with that is... The grass is not always greener on the other side.

We saw that going from Mora to Petrino.

We have seen that all across the league.

 

I don't want Quinn gone...I want the team to win.....I do not care if we hire  Nick Saban uncle's nephews ,cousins, father ex roommate...I just want to win....and untill Quinn is officially gone ,I am going to hope that he is the guy.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Except they played with no emotion or heart against the Packers. Entire team looked like it was just going through the motions. They know their coach is going to get fired if they don't win and still theirs no sort of desperation from the players to win.

Exactly. The players haven't exactly covered themselves in glory, more like failure.

Loser acceptance mentality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

The thing with that is... The grass is not always greener on the other side.

We saw that going from Mora to Petrino.

We have seen that all across the league.

 

I don't want Quinn gone...I want the team to win.....I do not care if we hire  Nick Saban uncle's nephews ,cousins, father ex roommate...I just want to win....and untill Quinn is officially gone ,I am going to hope that he is the guy.

 

 

I love you man, but you are broken.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, athell said:

To the OP it's really not all that surprising.  Blank doesn't fire mid season.  I was wondering if a MNF disaster would be enough, it wasn't, so I honestly don't see it happening until after the season.  We have 12 more weeks of Dan Quinn.

If he is here after those 12 weeks, I'm done.  Refuse to support a franchise who employs perennial losers like Quinn and co.

Bjm0.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

oh boy... I can't wait to go on a meaningless late season rally to cost us a top 5-10 pick AGAIN for the 3rd year in a row just for zero of that "momentum" to carry into the next season.

" with the 18th pick of the 2021 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select Rick Measley, defensive end, Florida State..."

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

QBs throwing blocks and not throwing blocks is about being smart. More often than not it's not a wise decision. (Like when we played the Saints a few years back and Ryan ducked down before getting blasted on a freeman run). In this case, it was a short run against a DB that was barely moving. Great play. Smart play. Some heart for sure. 

But again, for the 3rd time...The team was flat and emotionless that entire 60 minute game. If you could not tell that from watching Idk what you were watching.

Agreed!!!!  We’re 0-4!!  We’ve made a team culture of being ill prepared and disorganized, we’ve made a team ID and culture of getting humiliated on the biggest stages and I MEAN HUMILIATED AS IN PULL YOUR DRAWERS DOWN AND WALLOW AROUND AT MIDFIELD SUCKING UR THUMB EMBARRASSING!!!!!  There is nothing good coming from this disorganized inept mess!!!  Get them (this entire staff including yes....TD and McKay) the **** outta here YESTERDAY and begin at least the appearance that we’re not the laughing stock of NFL.....**** all of pto sports!!!!!!!  How can anyone want some more of this????? 

Edited by BUBBASBEANS
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

The Falcons are banking on us winning, at minimum, 4 of our next 5 games.  Getting to 6-6 is not unreasonable 

I am typically an optimistic guy and look for the bright side of situations and I have no optimism whatsoever to try to paint this situation with.  This team absolutely sucks.  I’ll be surprised if they hit 6-10.

I have never said this in over 30 years of following this team but I don’t even care if they win at this point because at the end of the day I have 0 confidence that DQ can ever be successful with this group again.  A win only prolongs the agony. Rip the **** bandaid off and get that guy out of Flowery Branch ASAP.

The longer they wait, the more it gives the appearance that mediocrity is not only acceptable but the standard. 
 

 

 

  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...