Jump to content

Dan Quinn’s job status has not been discussed by Falcons - AJC


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

 

If we are being honest and objective here, something Quinn does too is go on winning streaks...team started 1-4 in 2018 and got to 4-4. Lost their next 5, and finished on a 3 game winning streak. Last year, 6-2 in the final 8 games. 

Now, by no means am defending Quinn here. But the trends suggest that at some point, this team WILL go on some kind of meaningless run. 

I seriously doubt this team ends up with a top 10 draft pick.

It would be so Falcons to start 0-4 and end up with a mid-round draft pick. But it's okay, we don't need a high draft pick nearly as bad as we need a highly skilled HC. :ninja:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And while I appreciate guys like McGary and others defending Quinn.  I'm sorry I don't want to hear it anymore.  At the end of the day this is a business not a circle of best friends.  Wish someone in

oh boy... I can't wait to go on a meaningless late season rally to cost us a top 5-10 pick AGAIN for the 3rd year in a row just for zero of that "momentum" to carry into the next season.

Interesting. I mean I'm all for giving 'your' guys breathing room, but at this point isn't DQ who we think he is. A guy who can lead a team on horrific losing streaks year after year. There's nothing

Posted Images

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I mean, Bill O'Brien's team in the first 5 seasons went 9-7 or better every year except one. In that same amount of time, Quinn only did that twice. He has a better resume then Dan Quinn as a HC. You can say "Well Quinn went to a SB" but that follows up with 28-3 and "That was Shanny not Quinn". His moves as their GM is what really screwed him. 

Correct.  Bill wasn't a failure as a coach as much as he was a failure as a GM but that wasn't really his fault either.

You could say Bill underachieved for sure, but even his underachieving blows Quinn's achieving out of the water.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, athell said:

Normally I'd be with you, but I sincerely think they do this year.  If nothing else, injuries are going to play a huge part in an already incompetent team.  Quinn used to blind luck his way into wins based on the talent level of his players.  He is not going to have that convenience this year it seems.

2018 was arguably worse injury wise and the winning streak still happened.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Only to then get curbstomped by the Browns and start a streak back the other direction.

And that's the other side of the coin, Quinn always has losing streaks.  Minus 2016 when we had a prolific offense, Dan Quinn has had losing streaks of:


2015 - 6
2016 - 2
2017 - 3
2018 - 3,5
2019 - 6
2020 - 4

Completely unacceptable.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

 

If we are being honest and objective here, something Quinn does too is go on winning streaks...team started 1-4 in 2018 and got to 4-4. Lost their next 5, and finished on a 3 game winning streak. Last year, 6-2 in the final 8 games. 

Now, by no means am I defending Quinn here. But the trends suggest that at some point, this team WILL go on some kind of meaningless run. 

I seriously doubt this team ends up with a top 10 draft pick.

Agreed but that's no model for long term success. I don't want to rely on a 4 game win streak to get us back to .500 this season. Having a bipolar team is infuriating.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Geneaut said:

Agreed but that's no model for long term success. I don't want to rely on a 4 game win streak to get us back to .500 this season. Having a bipolar team is infuriating.

Oh I'm not saying I want to rely on that. I'm just saying that I think it's going to happen. Because that's what Quinn does

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Right? It's weird how the leaders on this team are so unbelievably loyal to the HC. Even Smitty, you could tell Ryan, Roddy, and Julio all were 100% behind him 

That is because Smitty by every measure by every one who speaks about him, is a good honest man.

Quinn also by all accounts is a good man.

It is easy to follow someone who treats you like men.

Honestly....that is also something about DK. Players openly gush about him...even his former players.

As opposed to someone like Petrino.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, falconsd56 said:

That is because Smitty by every measure by every one who speaks about him, is a good honest man.

Quinn also by all accounts is a good man.

It is easy to follow someone who treats you like men.

Honestly....that is also something about DK. Players openly gush about him...even his former players.

As opposed to someone like Petrino.

 

Except they played with no emotion or heart against the Packers. Entire team looked like it was just going through the motions. They know their coach is going to get fired if they don't win and still theirs no sort of desperation from the players to win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

Except they played with no emotion or heart against the Packers. Entire team looked like it was just going through the motions. They know their coach is going to get fired if they don't win and still theirs no sort of desperation from the players to win.

I saw Ryan throw a block on a TD run.....get out of here with that no heart BS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Oh I'm not saying I want to rely on that. I'm just saying that I think it's going to happen. Because that's what Quinn does

Ridley is gimpy.  I have a feeling this Julio hammy is gonna shut him down for the season here soon.  OL is gonna get Matt killed.  You are correct, he always strings together wins...I'd honestly be shocked if that happened this year simply due to injuries on the offensive side of the ball AND Dirk pulling the strings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope it's he doesn't want to do it right now in season.  I get it that EVERYBODY should be out.  So no need to promote some coordinator.  I'm fine with that.  Literally it should be Blank and Quinn have the conversation so that during the press conference after the last game, Quinn can say he and Blank have talked, its been decided that he will not be back.  That way Quinn can address the team in the locker room and we can turn the page and quickly move on to trying to interview guys.

McKay can start the search for a GM.  Technically, I would start that search as early as possible so that guy can be involved with the coaching search.  GM has no bearing on the teams on field performance when we get down to the end of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, athell said:

Ridley is gimpy.  I have a feeling this Julio hammy is gonna shut him down for the season here soon.  OL is gonna get Matt killed.  You are correct, he always strings together wins...I'd honestly be shocked if that happened this year simply due to injuries on the offensive side of the ball AND Dirk pulling the strings.

If Julio's injury really is that serious, than I agree with you that a winning streak probably doesn't happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, athell said:

I also REAAAAAAAAAALLY don't want it to happen so I'm gonna will the universe into not letting it happen lol

Yea I don't really know...I usually don't get on the tank train until the team is officially eliminated or essentially has NO chance of going anywhere. It's still too early for me give up on wanting to win. 

But, I feel you. I want Quinn gone. I want everyone on the FO gone. Turning the season around interferes with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...