Didnt Know This Was Bad ??

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn't need that stat to know that Koetter sucks. My question is still, why did we bring him back? 

Might be better if Koetter learned to disguise what we are doing when Gurley is in the game. Same goes with our defense, teams know what we are doing and when we switch up and can a call they know wha

I actually think Gurley has looked pretty good in terms of burst and cuts. He’s been fine.

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Like him, sure. Don't really fight for him though. They just say they will. Fortunately, if we keep Quinn till season end, we might end up with a great pick...not a tanker, not remotely, but at 0-4 you're just thankful for the little spots of sunshine where they come.

Was averaging over 3x the yards per reception last year and had generally been a huge weapon in the pass game his whole career. This is on Koetty. It really feels like sabotage with how obvious he is with the playcalling sometimes.

What ?? Have you been watching ?? Gurley is definitely not the same back he was 2 years ago. His knee has reduce his speed by about almost a quarter. You want to put him out there against cbs's , safeties and lbs that are probably more athletic at this point. Use Ito and Hill in the pass game but Gurley should be your run first guy 

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Its hard to tell

I feel like Gurley on the run he got down to the 10 yd line would have scored 2 years ago tbh. He has lost some burst and speed but he is still has great vision and power.  He can get you yards when you need it 

3 minutes ago, caponine said:

What ?? Have you been watching ?? Gurley is definitely not the same back he was 2 years ago. His knee has reduce his speed by about almost a quarter. You want to put him out there against cbs's , safeties and lbs that are probably more athletic at this point. Use Ito and Hill in the pass game but Gurley should be your run first guy 

I said last year dude. Not two years ago. Dude is definitely fast and savvy enough to get in space, catch, and run. This isn't some vast and complicated thing. Koetty doesn't keep the defense honest. He just tosses Gurley out there and the D knows they can play run all the way. That barely works in college, let alone the NFL. It's some spiteful stupid ********, just like the runs on 2nd and long to act like he's committed to the run game followed up by 4 runs in the 4th while up double digits.

Just now, caponine said:

I feel like Gurley on the run he got down to the 10 yd line would have scored 2 years ago tbh. He has lost some burst and speed but he is still has great vision and power.  He can get you yards when you need it 

Yea. And the problem is he’s being set up for failure but because he’ll have a mediocre statistical season, the narrative will be that he’s washed up 

10 minutes ago, caponine said:

Not defending him by any means but can you really blame him ?? no rb on this team is really dynamic anymore. Freeman and Coleman were some of the most dynamic rbs in the nfl because they could so many different things. This group of rbs isnt that good. And people even before the season said that this rb group is not the most talented group. Not really a fear 

Jamaal Williams is not a beast yet managed nearly 100 yards receiving as a RB against us.  It’s scheme, not personnel 

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Jamaal Williams is not a beast yet managed nearly 100 yards receiving as a RB against us.  It’s scheme, not personnel 

He is fast tho. idk if I would necessarily call Ito and Hill fast , Gurley maybe but i need to see him in open field too see if he still has some burst 

7 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea. And the problem is he’s being set up for failure but because he’ll have a mediocre statistical season, the narrative will be that he’s washed up 

I don't think he's washed up all things considered. I just think his knee has has worn down

20 minutes ago, caponine said:

He is fast tho. idk if I would necessarily call Ito and Hill fast , Gurley maybe but i need to see him in open field too see if he still has some burst 

I just don’t think Dirk is creative enough to use all the weapons at his disposal.  Certainly can’t scheme a run game. His personnel groupings usually tip his hand.  

I Would love to see more 21 personnel...it forces the defense to stay in their base package and gives Ryan one less DB to worry about.  Pairing 21 personnel (Gurley & Hill in the backfield) is ideal for RPO...actually makes the defense have to think.  Shannahan used to destroy defenses in this package with Yankee routes and half field concepts.  But we use it just 15% of our snaps and mostly to run the football.

1 hour ago, caponine said:

Gurley doesn't have the burst or speed anymore to outrun a defender or get by anyone. Sorry but im not using Gurley for anything in the lass game unless its a quick dump off or check down. Im actually glad DK is using him more in the run game than pass game. Dont like Koetter but i dont see anything wrong with this 

He did look very slow didn't he?  My son was like.. why is he waiting so long to hit the hole.. he just stands there for a second or two after receiving handoff

46 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Difference is Obrein was a prick, Quinn is a buddy coach. They like him win, lose or draw it seems.

The difference between O’Brien and DQ is the Bill O’Brien sabotaged the Texans and no matter what that team does they will be bottoms for at least the next 4 seasons with limited star power, no capital and no early draft slots. 

When we put a bunch of chimpanzees in pants on our sideline our players can put up a fight.  

I’m with you on Gurley. He’s tough as nails but he’s aging out of the position. 

2 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Hated the Gurley signing. Completely uninspired. Felt like a way to sell tickets as opposed to way to win games. We would have been better served at drafting an RB with fresh legs rather than one with knee issues. Koetter’s offense is trash, always has been, always will be. 

On the bright side, if we had drafted a RB we'd be wasting that players early years so at least we did someone a favor.

1 hour ago, TTU Falcon said:

How can anyone who watched the Packer game not see how important to involve RB in passing game is beyond me.  ****, did everyone just forget what made that offense so potent in 2016?  Maybe they need a reminder that Teco and Freeman were HEAVILY involved in passing game.  **** Teco was the whole offense in the Broncos game.

There just aren't that many LB's that can cover in the league today, we've been steadily regressing from 2016 in this category and in my opinion, it's the best way to get the offense in a rhythm.  Sprinkle some easy passes in that are high percentage to get the chains moving.  The offense as a whole has been way too reliant on homerun plays with runs in between.

Well gb's rb's are going to be disproportionate compared to ours because the cover 3 gives them that all day. But to your point, yes our RB's are not much of a threat a receivers which I think is part talent and part play calling.