Jump to content

wow ... Did I just walk into a lynch mob?


Recommended Posts

Rather than say Quinn must go.   Set up what kind of miracle would keep him from going.

Like win all of the rest of the games of the season.     Possible?   Impossible?

Just get to the playoffs.   Possible?   Impossible?    ( Playoffs in the pandemic year? )

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

He gets to stay for the rest of this season, but then if he is automatically gone after the season, who is next?

I cannot think of ANYONE who could bring instant success.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rocky's Ol' Man said:

Rather than say Quinn must go.   Set up what kind of miracle would keep him from going.

Like win all of the rest of the games of the season.     Possible?   Impossible?

Just get to the playoffs.   Possible?   Impossible?    ( Playoffs in the pandemic year? )

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

He gets to stay for the rest of this season, but then if he is automatically gone after the season, who is next?

I cannot think of ANYONE who could bring instant success.

 

YOU would be a better coach at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rocky's Ol' Man said:

I'm old; m'experience was about 35 years ago with 10 year olds.

You're hired. Welcome to the Atlanta Falcons.

Edit: But really. For Quinn to keep his job, this season would have to end with a Super Bowl victory. Honestly not even that might save him depending on who becomes available.

Edited by Fiercefalcon
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rocky's Ol' Man said:

Rather than say Quinn must go.   Set up what kind of miracle would keep him from going.

Like win all of the rest of the games of the season.     Possible?   Impossible?

Just get to the playoffs.   Possible?   Impossible?    ( Playoffs in the pandemic year? )

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

He gets to stay for the rest of this season, but then if he is automatically gone after the season, who is next?

I cannot think of ANYONE who could bring instant success.

 

Instant success is not the goal.  We want a team that will compete for the championship year after year.  We have managed to build rosters worthy of that goal, only to see them wasted by this moron of a head coach. 

Quinn has to go.  Today, tomorrow, or at season's end.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Playoffs not likely, I guess miracles could happen, but I do not see it with this defense. Realistically  this team might make it to 5-11 if they are very lucky is the way I see it. But again I guess miracles are possible in this case who knows for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Many on here think like a lynch mob.  I keep hearing "fire Quinn".  He is gone after this season.  And, to fire him now requires a plan.  Does anyone on here calling for his firing now have such a plan?  Of course not.  There is no great successor waiting in line.  "Fire Quinn"  is just a call to satisfy your emotions. 

When Blank fires Quinn following this disaster of a season, no one interested in the HC position will hesitate to interview for the job.  If Blank fires Quinn during the season, some will look at situations like Petrino, Reeves, and maybe Smith and conclude that Blank is too difficult to work with.  If Blank shows patience and support for Quinn during this season, given what our final record is likely to be, Blank will be in the good graces of prospective Head Coaches. 

Always have a well thought out plan.  Do you know why there are some many deer carcasses in Colorado during the season?  People buy highly accurate long range rifles, equip them with powerful scopes, go to the range and sight in, practice until their form is near perfect, and head to the mountains.  They sit patiently waiting for a Mule Deer to show.  Finally, it happens.  They sight the deer.  Their body remains motionless.  They control their breathing.  Aim small, squeeze gently.  Bam!  Now what do they do?  They look at the gorge they would have to cross to get from their slope to the slope where the deer lays.  It will take an hour to get to the deer.  It will take 4 hours to drag him to the car or RTV.  It is getting dark.  They could get lost in the dark.  Oh, what the ****, killing the deer was fun, right?  Time to call it quits.  (My personal belief is that if you take an animals life, you have a responsibility to not just walk away all filled with pride).  They go to the lodge and show their fellow hunters a picture of a magnificent animal laying dead on a mountain slope waiting to decompose.  They did not have a plan.  Always have a plan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NaGaBoy said:

Many on here think like a lynch mob.  I keep hearing "fire Quinn".  He is gone after this season.  And, to fire him now requires a plan.  Does anyone on here calling for his firing now have such a plan?  Of course not.  There is no great successor waiting in line.  "Fire Quinn"  is just a call to satisfy your emotions. 

When Blank fires Quinn following this disaster of a season, no one interested in the HC position will hesitate to interview for the job.  If Blank fires Quinn during the season, some will look at situations like Petrino, Reeves, and maybe Smith and conclude that Blank is too difficult to work with.  If Blank shows patience and support for Quinn during this season, given what our final record is likely to be, Blank will be in the good graces of prospective Head Coaches. 

Always have a well thought out plan.  Do you know why there are some many deer carcasses in Colorado during the season?  People buy highly accurate long range rifles, equip them with powerful scopes, go to the range and sight in, practice until their form is near perfect, and head to the mountains.  They sit patiently waiting for a Mule Deer to show.  Finally, it happens.  They sight the deer.  Their body remains motionless.  They control their breathing.  Aim small, squeeze gently.  Bam!  Now what do they do?  They look at the gorge they would have to cross to get from their slope to the slope where the deer lays.  It will take an hour to get to the deer.  It will take 4 hours to drag him to the car or RTV.  It is getting dark.  They could get lost in the dark.  Oh, what the ****, killing the deer was fun, right?  Time to call it quits.  (My personal belief is that if you take an animals life, you have a responsibility to not just walk away all filled with pride).  They go to the lodge and show their fellow hunters a picture of a magnificent animal laying dead on a mountain slope waiting to decompose.  They did not have a plan.  Always have a plan.

Why do we need to have a plan? We're fans.

As for the franchise if they didn't see back to back 7-9 seasons and think well we should go into this year without a plan then they are morons who shouldn't run any sort of business. 

That's not on us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NaGaBoy said:

Always have a well thought out plan.  Do you know why there are some many deer carcasses in Colorado during the season?  People buy highly accurate long range rifles, equip them with powerful scopes, go to the range and sight in, practice until their form is near perfect, and head to the mountains.  They sit patiently waiting for a Mule Deer to show.  Finally, it happens.  They sight the deer.  Their body remains motionless.  They control their breathing.  Aim small, squeeze gently.  Bam!  Now what do they do?  They look at the gorge they would have to cross to get from their slope to the slope where the deer lays.  It will take an hour to get to the deer.  It will take 4 hours to drag him to the car or RTV.  It is getting dark.  They could get lost in the dark.  Oh, what the ****, killing the deer was fun, right?  Time to call it quits.  (My personal belief is that if you take an animals life, you have a responsibility to not just walk away all filled with pride).  They go to the lodge and show their fellow hunters a picture of a magnificent animal laying dead on a mountain slope waiting to decompose.  They did not have a plan.  Always have a plan.

Yes Mr. Park Ranger. This is the post I was telling y'all about. This one right here^^^^^^^

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jesus said:

Why do we need to have a plan? We're fans.

That's right.  We are just fans.  We do not have plans.  Yet, we call for Blank to fire Quinn now.  Hey, when that turns disastrous, it is on Blank.  We are just fans.  Why did he listen to us?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NaGaBoy said:

That's right.  We are just fans.  We do not have plans.  Yet, we call for Blank to fire Quinn now.  Hey, when that turns disastrous, it is on Blank.  We are just fans.  Why did he listen to us?

How is it not disastrous now? What am I missing? Is there a silver lining in the lousy offense and atrocious defense?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rocky's Ol' Man said:

Rather than say Quinn must go.   Set up what kind of miracle would keep him from going.

Like win all of the rest of the games of the season.     Possible?   Impossible?

Just get to the playoffs.   Possible?   Impossible?    ( Playoffs in the pandemic year? )

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

He gets to stay for the rest of this season, but then if he is automatically gone after the season, who is next?

I cannot think of ANYONE who could bring instant success.

 

If he wins all the remaining games, I’d still fire him at the end of the year. We should’ve done exactly that last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

What's a newbie ?? ... And does that mean a fans knowledge is determined by the amount of time spent on this website / forum ??

are you always an maroon, or does it just hit you all of the sudden every now and then? and why oh why are you stalking me....

but to answer you, ANOTHER "NEWBIE" I merely was inferring to someone who hasn't been around the board long enough to know the standard operating procedure for so so many here. apparently his 'fan's knowledge' isn't all that up to date on how this board is ESPECIALLY in the midst of a losing streak. there's your answer to 'what's a newbie'. Don't be so combative, the only knowledge I was pointing out that was lacking, was about the board, since that's basically what the main point in his OP (that's original post there, newbie) 

 

see those other 'long time board members' who gave me that smiling emoji? they just nodded their heads. 

 

You're staring to look more and more like I'm in your head dude. just keep on stalking me if it makes you feel better, I don't mind. sooner or later you'll learn enough about how the internet/message board works and you won't have to ask the obvious question

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know my 17 year old son would be a better coach right now.  He knows the rules and I’m sure his school coach would be cool with it.  I’m praying AB doesn’t call Bill O’Brien. I could see them being friends and that’s all it would take. 

There’s a girls lacrosse coach next door to my sister. Want me to ask her?  She’s very nice but strict. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...