Last night you really saw a dinosaur match wits with an innovator.  The discrepancy between the two was most evident in how LaFleur made the game easier for Rodgers.  Down their top WR, LaFleur utilized his RB’s & TE’s to exploit speed mismatches.  He schemed brilliantly to make Rodgers job even easier.  The results: Rodgers was 20 for 20 for 241 yards & 4 TD’s when targeting RB’s & TE’s.

On the other end of the spectrum is Koetter.  A guy who prefers explosiveness over efficiency.  That’s why we are 2nd to last in TOP per drive & plays per drive.  Todd Gurley has averaged 55 receptions for 530 yards over the past three years.  Clearly a threat in both run & pass game....under Koetter he is on pace for 16 receptions for 36 yards.  F****** pathetic.  KOETURD’d

Nah, I'm going to give Koetter a break just like I gave Sark a break. Quinn's insistence on bringing in seasoned OCs and having them adapt to Kyle's playbook was a huge part of his undoing. I'd wager our offense would have been much better in year 2 of Sark's actual offense than it did in year 2 of him using Kyle's concepts. Same thing with Koetter. If Coach wanted to have offensive continuity, he should have grabbed somebody off of Kyle's tree.

50 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

This Falcons defense makes everyone look good. Teams can't wait to play ATL.

As bad as the defense is playing it only gave up 13 with a minute to go in the first half.Thats pretty decent.It made a great goal line stop for an offense to **** the bed with 3 outs on the first 2 drives and a 91 yard drive that ended in a FG.

The offense with all those weapons and 3 points in a half 😂 I expected better.

everything looked difficult to execute in Falcons offense! Koetter sux! and the guards sucked last nite! i remember seeing Hennessy and Lindstrom leaning forward so many times without their balance that it was sad and laughable!! but i do hate Koetters playcalling! ghastly!!!👎

Edited by sanfranfalcon
2 hours ago, ki46dinah said:

To be fair, and I do agree with you, watching the scrap heap of Falcon DB scrubs running into each other time after time had little to do with their offense and more complete lack of capable coaching or talent or heart

That’s a fair point...we tackled more Falcons than Packers yesterday

2 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Nah, I'm going to give Koetter a break just like I gave Sark a break. Quinn's insistence on bringing in seasoned OCs and having them adapt to Kyle's playbook was a huge part of his undoing. I'd wager our offense would have been much better in year 2 of Sark's actual offense than it did in year 2 of him using Kyle's concepts. Same thing with Koetter. If Coach wanted to have offensive continuity, he should have grabbed somebody off of Kyle's tree.

I don’t think so.  Dirk has learned the terminology and is simply calling his offense but using WCO terminology to do so.  Those two offenses yesterday should have looked quite similar...but they didn’t.  

Koetter is running between the tackles and dialing up plays to take the top off the defense rather than working to Ryan’s skillset.  Ryan thrives with intermediate concepts with occasional deep shots.  Ryan is a rhythm QB and Koetter has no clue how to call easy throws to get Ryan and the offense in rhythm

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

As bad as the defense is playing it only gave up 13 with a minute to go in the first half.Thats pretty decent.It made a great goal line stop for an offense to **** the bed with 3 outs on the first 2 drives and a 91 yard drive that ended in a FG.

The offense with all those weapons and 3 points in a half 😂 I expected better.

Only because the falcons had like a clock eating 20 play drive. This only makes me more mad because the falcons should try to take this approach knowing how injured and badly the defense is playing. Instead of sustained drives, the falcons are run, deep pass, deep pass, punt. Would love to see the backs more involved in the passing geme- not just during screens. 

In 2015 we gave up the most receptions to RB's in the league.

In 2016....

In 2017....

In 2018....

In 2019....

In 2020....haven't checked but I bet we are.

Now with that info rethink if that was a brilliant OC move or it's a known weakness of the DQ Falcons.  It is also why our sack totals are terrible.

Also, innovator?  He was given Kyles playbook with a Hall of Fame QB and scored less points then their average against arguably the worst defense in the league who was down about Takk, Allen, Neal, Kazee, Dennard, A.J., and maybe a few more.  It doesn't matter how good he is anyway, that decision was made years ago.  Constantly making threads on it just rubs it in more.

58 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I don’t think so.  Dirk has learned the terminology and is simply calling his offense but using WCO terminology to do so.  Those two offenses yesterday should have looked quite similar...but they didn’t.  

Koetter is running between the tackles and dialing up plays to take the top off the defense rather than working to Ryan’s skillset.  Ryan thrives with intermediate concepts with occasional deep shots.  Ryan is a rhythm QB and Koetter has no clue how to call easy throws to get Ryan and the offense in rhythm

exactly!! u can count the number of times this season that Koetter has actually run KS' plays! there's way more motion than we typically see. i think it was the Dallas game where he actually ran KS' plays quite a bit. it also shows the arrogance and lack of understanding by Quinn as HC to actually try this TWICE with 2 different COs. like i posted in other threads Quinn's staffs have sucked ever since Kyle took his guys to SF! Quinn has been lost with Kyle!!!

30 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

They didn't need to score anymore.

This...and lets not pretend that Rodgers had Randy Moss and Jerry Rice on the outside...

Koetter is just terrible, said it back when he rejoined that it was a gutless move to bring him back and I was not wrong (sadly). Our inability to run the ball is horrible and is really holding this offense back.

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Farken **** 2012 I know you hate Koetter but you got smear campaign going on this guy.

Its almost like you have to go to every other teams boards to warn fans off I’m sure we get it here and Tampa no doubt aren’t in any rush to have him back 😂 

I won’t lie.  It’s true.  But ion only stating facts

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

What is with the obsession over LaFleur? It's gotten worse than the Shanny nut huggers.

Their gone, let it go.

It goes to the decision making at FB.  That’s the frustrating part.  The best systems promote from within to retain a consistent message.  We had the opportunity and said f*** it

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

It goes to the decision making at FB.  That’s the frustrating part.  The best systems promote from within to retain a consistent message.  We had the opportunity and said f*** it

I mean I want all of upper management gone just like everyone else but nothing can be done at this point about those past guys leaving. 

LaFleur is a good coach and absolutely should have been our OC but he's not even on the same stratosphere of Shanny in terms of offensive ability. Heck even if we made him our OC, He still likely would have left within another 1-2 years to get a HC job so either way we woulda been SOL. 

Quinn’s defense has been getting checked down to death since the superbowl. Yet we never try that against our opponents except for two minute drill.

Koetter’s plays are always the same...

1st down: Short out route for 4 yards

2nd down: Run for no gain

3rd down: Failed deep pass downfield 

4th down: Punt or actual decent pass play that could’ve been used on any other down...

Rinse and Repeat