They keep this up and they can bring Trevor Lawrence back to Georgia. We would be set for the next ten years. Lose the next game I say go into tank mode for this special player. We saw last night how a great QB can carry a team. Ryan has no zip on his balls and has become very iffy on his long passes. I bet the Jaguars would give us a first for him, maybe not.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's got the size, the arm, the intelligence, the athleticism and can make all the throws. Everything he's shown points to him having a high likelihood of being successful in the NFL.  

Matt Ryan played in the ACC

This. And at the end of the day, QB is most important and we have an aging overpaid regressing QB. I have defended Ryan for years and years but it's time this year. We will be bad enough to get o

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Watch Trevor Lawrence have to play in a real conference like the NFC instead of the ACC and he might not be as great as he is being made out to be.

You can say that about any college player, thats why the draft is a crapshoot.

Ill stick with the Analysts that have been doing this for years. 

3 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Watch Trevor Lawrence have to play in a real conference like the NFC instead of the ACC and he might not be as great as he is being made out to be.

I will defend that kid till the NFL proves me wrong. Seeing that kid play first hand I'm telling you he's a winner. Met him in Cartersville in 2016 and he told me that winning a ship in all 3 levels is his dream...ESPECIALLY if he gets to play at home and bring Atlanta it's first one. Back-to-back ships in high school and college? The kid's a competitor.

45 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

He's got the size, the arm, the intelligence, the athleticism and can make all the throws.

Everything he's shown points to him having a high likelihood of being successful in the NFL.

1 hour ago, jgentry162 said:

They keep this up and they can bring Trevor Lawrence back to Georgia. We would be set for the next ten years. Lose the next game I say go into tank mode for this special player. We saw last night how a great QB can carry a team. Ryan has no zip on his balls and has become very iffy on his long passes. I bet the Jaguars would give us a first for him, maybe not.

People who get paid millions based on how they play are not going to tank.

25 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I think Lawrence is the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck. He will go #1.

JMO, but I like Burrow better than Lawrence. Athleticism, adequate arm strength and accuracy. Burrow's accuracy is on another level at times and Lawrence has had his issues with it. People fall in love too much with size and I think that's what happening with Lawrence. He's a good prospect, but I'm not sure I put him in the Luck, Manning, or Elway category. 

We need to keep DQ around the rest of the season if we want a chance at the #1 pick. The man is very consistent and with his messaging being the same week to week, the result is more likely to be consistent (losing)

Firing him could generate an energy within the team that could lead to wins that otherwise wouldn’t occur. Don’t **** this up falcons. We won’t get another chance like this

Thank you Arthur for not firing DQ yet, please let him finish the season 

19 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

JMO, but I like Burrow better than Lawrence. Athleticism, adequate arm strength and accuracy. Burrow's accuracy is on another level at times and Lawrence has had his issues with it. People fall in love too much with size and I think that's what happening with Lawrence. He's a good prospect, but I'm not sure I put him in the Luck, Manning, or Elway category. 

Like those guys, and unlike Burrow, he's been the #1 ranked QB (amongst his peers) since high school. Not many guys deal with that type of expectation and pressure, yet he's thrived on it. Tool wise he has everything, in a similar way to Luck, although he probably is not at the same level on the mental side of the game as Luck was in college. I like Burrow a lot and his accuracy and ball placement is as good as I've ever seen in a college QB, but Lawrence is a better athlete and has a better arm. 

2 hours ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

the colts did a horrible job protecting him for years him getting obliterated behind those garbage Iines shortened his career..sounds familiar? Imagine if they actually gotten him some help up front.

Very familiar!  You just gotta wonder what makes some of these front office guys tick and also the folks who allow them to hang around year after incompetent year!

4 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

You mean like when he threw for 350 with 3 TD's and put up 44 points on the "vaunted" SEC Alabama defense loaded with top draft picks in the 2018 National Championship as a freshman?

He's 6'6" with top tier arm strength (would be top 3 in the NFL right now). Excellent decision making just 12 INT's in 34 games. Can read defenses and actually leads open receivers and hits them in stride. Has superb pocket awareness and is fast/elusive when running with the ball. There is a reason why many scouts label him as a "generational talent."

Edited by MilleniumFalcon
5 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

I’m sure someone said the same thing about Patrick Mahomes and the Big 12 conference. College play and competition isn’t indicative to the success of a player. However you do take that into consideration when selecting players. It’s all a crap shoot. Making blanketed statements and comparisons about facing “real competition” in the NFL as opposed to the ACC is a lazy argument. You can insert any college conference into that statement. 

Justin Fields is a beast and is a more physical/stronger DeShaun Watson - watched him for 2 years at Harrison - he should have started at UGA his Frosh year.    Kirby not promoting him probably cost him a chance at a Natty in 2019 and 2020.

Would love to see Justin in a Falcons uniform - dual threat with great arm talent.  Was ranked higher than Lawrence before he broke his finger senior season in HS.   Total stud.

4 hours ago, LouDog said:

People who get paid millions based on how they play are not going to tank.

Except not one of them, or practically so, is really playing like they deserve the Millions they got, or want to get.  That said though...  the defense is so putrid it's difficult to imagine the falcons beating anyone.

45 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Justin Fields is a beast and is a more physical/stronger DeShaun Watson - watched him for 2 years at Harrison - he should have started at UGA his Frosh year.    Kirby not promoting him probably cost him a chance at a Natty in 2019 and 2020.

Would love to see Justin in a Falcons uniform - dual threat with great arm talent.  Was ranked higher than Lawrence before he broke his finger senior season in HS.   Total stud.

Fields over the shoulder throws are beautiful to watch.