What Other QB's Would You Really Want Over Ryan Now or Next Year?

On 10/13/2020 at 1:03 PM, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Careful, your fallacies are showing...

Again, you aren't familiar... Blank has ACTIVELY tried to avoid the "meddling owner" label. Actively. His statements, are exactly in that framing.

"We'll let the new GM and Coach build the team they want"

The other thing you're choosing to ignore is McKay's statements.

"We aren't looking to trade vets away"

"We have only made 1 trade, and that made sense for us, the player, etc..."

"We'll work within the contracts we have"

Again, simple stuff... I'll come back to you in a few months, when we don't draft a QB, and when MR2 is #1 on the depth chart, and you'll spout a bunch of BS about how you "didn't say it would happen, just that it was a possibility".

Just like every other dude in TATF who goes into knee-jerk, emotional reaction mode worse than my 7 year old daughter. I've been on here for a long, long time. We've seen a ton of dudes that do this exact same thing. In fact, just bounce to any of the same threads that say the same thing. You can even go back, year after year and see the same thing. Too bad they moved everything, there was a dude named Swift that used to post stuff like this day in and day out...

But, I'm sure you're right this time...

Whoa . Your Matt Ryan panties are showing just calm down man If we have a top 3 pick we’re drafting a QB top QBs will never have their team picking top 3 anyway so if we’re in that position it’s time to move on Nothing against Matt but not often are you in position to draft a top QB in our case you take them root like **** for the Jets !

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quinn and Koetter are my pressing concern right now. 

Fields/Lawrence/Lance, we will suck next year with or without Ryan but at least the transition will be smooth.

For me its also Dimi...

Posted Images

On 10/14/2020 at 8:52 PM, Hard Case said:

Arthur Blank has NEVER made decisions on trades, he has sometimes approved them when they are presented to him, and other times  disapproved them. . Blank is not a football man, and has never gone to a GM and said trade this guy, that's what GMs are for with Blank's approval.   You sound like you just want one of those little waterbug scramblers that are all the rage, and it has nothing to do with Ryan's talents.  I'll bet car salesmen love to see you coming. 

You kind of just contradicted yourself in the first sentence. “Blank never makes decisions..except when he approves or disapproves of them” how does that make sense ? 

On 10/15/2020 at 1:14 PM, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

Majority of the board is gonna say one of the kids in college because they don't have a clue. 

Where else do you find QBs? Ryan was also “one of the kids in college” at a certain point in his career, I’m not sure what you were getting at with this post.

On 10/6/2020 at 7:58 PM, MilleniumFalcon said:

Almost every scouting report on Lawrence: "Big size (6'6" or 6'7" 220), Superb decision-making skills, especially in clutch situations and in big games, and he understands the importance of ball security. His overall touch, timing and anticipation are very good. Lawrence knows how to lead receivers open and spots the ball very well on back-shoulder throws. Top-tier arm strength. He drives the ball vertically with ease and gets excellent velocity on deeper throws outside the numbers. Lawrence has good pocket mobility for such a tall quarterback, showing solid quickness in the pocket and displaying a very good feel for pressure. Very athletic. He's a long strider with very good speed build-up when he takes off running. He's a once-in-a-decade type quarterback prospect who projects as an immediate NFL starter and should quickly emerge as a top-tier starter at the next level."

If you're in a position to get Lawrence, you have to get him.

Rookies are a shot in the dark. All rookies. 

6 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

You kind of just contradicted yourself in the first sentence. “Blank never makes decisions..except when he approves or disapproves of them” how does that make sense ? 

I said he approved things that were presented to him if he likes them. He doesn't scout or coach. Sheesh.

6 hours ago, the baptist said:

"Ryan is in his prime and can make..."

I will go and bump the topic that has the film that is breaking down Matt Ryan and his throws against the Panthers. Under pressure, yes, on his back....no, Unable to deliver under pressure....since the Superbowl Loss

This by the way is the second week in a row, where its clearly on tape, Matt Ryan is no longer in his prime, its not a debate, He is making throws that don't make any sense, Accuracy, Timing, Awareness, all lacking, its not a debate its on tape

Why don't I see you in those topics defending him?

C'mon man, it's easy to take a couple of games with rookie  O Linemen trying to learn their trade and cite that as Ryan being ready to retire. One could also pick a couple of games where he was outstanding.....................like ALL QBs. Ryan is not going anywhere this year or next. He is tilla top QB, and can make any throw required in the NFL .  Why all this hate  for Ryan, he is the heart and soul of this team, even more so than Julio. 

6 hours ago, JetJones11 said:

Whoa . Your Matt Ryan panties are showing just calm down man If we have a top 3 pick we’re drafting a QB top QBs will never have their team picking top 3 anyway so if we’re in that position it’s time to move on Nothing against Matt but not often are you in position to draft a top QB in our case you take them root like **** for the Jets !

With a top three pick we should take Najee Harris from Alabama, a fast, elusive RB who can also get the short yardage and is a good pass blocker. he would take this team to another level, He is a 3 down RB unlike the Part time Rb we have now. 

6 minutes ago, Hard Case said:

C'mon man, it's easy to take a couple of games with rookie  O Linemen trying to learn their trade and cite that as Ryan being ready to retire. One could also pick a couple of games where he was outstanding.....................like ALL QBs. Ryan is not going anywhere this year or next. He is tilla top QB, and can make any throw required in the NFL .  Why all this hate  for Ryan, he is the heart and soul of this team, even more so than Julio. 

What in the world....do offensive lineman have to do with your quarterback consistently making bad throws? 

I'm confused, do offensive lineman throw interceptions and miss wide open receivers? 

Who keeps convincing you that the Falcons are not 0-5? Where is this "couple of games" coming from? 

Never talked about retirement, but his "prime" that you insist is in tact, is in tact where you and I will never see it again 

The heart and soul of this team is 35 0-5 with no Superbowls, time for a transplant...

25 minutes ago, Hard Case said:

With a top three pick we should take Najee Harris from Alabama, a fast, elusive RB who can also get the short yardage and is a good pass blocker. he would take this team to another level, He is a 3 down RB unlike the Part time Rb we have now. 

Heaven have mercy, you go from offensive lineman and defense being the issue to now....

A running back will take this team to another level.....Smh 

2 hours ago, Hard Case said:

So we should take a rb that was projected In round 3 last year before he went back to bama, in the top 3? Just lol

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Did you see some of those throws he made tonight? His deep ball is absolutely nasty 

I have some bias....With that said, He made the plays he should have against a great defense

But he struggled early, UGA shot themselves in the foot, then the tide were able to play the game they wanted to play

People talk about TLaw being a system QB, all world talent around him....well......, Sark exposed match-ups, UGA made no adjustment, Two first round WR's, Solid Running back, and he made the plays he was suppose to make, and his WR's did the rest

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

So we should take a rb that was projected In round 3 last year before he went back to bama, in the top 3? Just lol

We should re-sign Gurley and take Mac with the pick we get after trading Ice.

Our offense gonna be stupid with Lawrence/Fields, Gurley/Najee, Julio/Ridley/Gage.

Man we are gonna win the Super Bowl in a few years. Ryan gonna win a few with SF or Indy

19 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Where else do you find QBs? Ryan was also “one of the kids in college” at a certain point in his career, I’m not sure what you were getting at with this post.

Nobody wanted Ryan IIRC. Everyone thought we needed a DE. Now everyone thinks we need a QB. Point is its all speculation right now. 

12 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

He won't be round three this year, and he is way better than Gurley, who is aonly oart time.  Do you really expect that RBs would be in round one in their Junior year ? It's rare.

14 hours ago, the baptist said:

Heaven have mercy, you go from offensive lineman and defense being the issue to now....

A running back will take this team to another level.....Smh 

While you think that dumping a franchise QB who was an MVP and took us to a SB is the answer.  You will never be a GM.

14 hours ago, the baptist said:

What in the world....do offensive lineman have to do with your quarterback consistently making bad throws? 

I'm confused, do offensive lineman throw interceptions and miss wide open receivers? 

Who keeps convincing you that the Falcons are not 0-5? Where is this "couple of games" coming from? 

Never talked about retirement, but his "prime" that you insist is in tact, is in tact where you and I will never see it again 

The heart and soul of this team is 35 0-5 with no Superbowls, time for a transplant...

Hve you ever played a down of football ?  Even high school kids know that O Linemen MUST protect the QB and give him time to make his reads.

17 hours ago, Hard Case said:

RB with a top 3 pick ? 😂

17 hours ago, Hard Case said:

Taking a QB or RB in the first would be idiotic. This team needs a pass rush. Matt Ryan could win a SB with this team if it had a defense. 

4 hours ago, Hard Case said:

While you think that dumping a franchise QB who was an MVP and took us to a SB is the answer.  You will never be a GM.

"You will never be a GM"....This coming from someone who said drafting a Running back would change the franchise.....stop it.....

This franchise will either move forward or toil in obscurity, I don't have to be a GM to know this.....

4 hours ago, Hard Case said:

Hve you ever played a down of football ?  Even high school kids know that O Linemen MUST protect the QB and give him time to make his reads.

Doesn't answer the question.....lets try it again

Do Offensive linemen throw interceptions?