What Other QB's Would You Really Want Over Ryan Now or Next Year?

On 10/9/2020 at 6:48 PM, the baptist said:

I agree with this statement and also with the resources spent statement.

I give Matt Ryan plenty of excuses, but the issues he has now, are not about scheme and coaching and roster talent, he is having skill set issues...... accuracy, timing, awareness.

There is no excuse for those things to be in decline, that's just good ole father time, we need a new future.....

man i understand ryan fans,they are like a person thatrefuses to take his dog to the pound so it could be put down to take it out of misery.falcon fans, its time.let hime go

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quinn and Koetter are my pressing concern right now. 

Fields/Lawrence/Lance, we will suck next year with or without Ryan but at least the transition will be smooth.

For me its also Dimi...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Hard Case said:

Too soon for either, you would create a QB controversy  that we don't need on this team.  Ryan still has some good years left, and could STILL take us to the SB with the proper  team mates . It would take rookie QBs at least two years to figure out where to hang their jock straps, much less to learn to read defense.  Phenom rookies are usually rare and most need time to adjust their game to the NFL.  You have a top ten QB right now, why waste time trying to train a new one ? 

It sure is taking a long time for one of you Pro Ryan fans to respond to Arthur Blanks comments...Ive already heard rebuttals, but there is no way around his comments

So now......that's finished, Hard Case, love debating with you

There is no controversy if this Franchise decides to draft Trevor Lawrence or Fields, One of those guys would be the future of the franchise....period, Similar to the Rodgers,Farve transition

"....waste time trying to train a new one....." If I could see what you see in an 0-5 Matt Ryan team, that makes you believe that we are somehow superbowl bound next year, maybe I would understand your concept of time.....

3 hours ago, the baptist said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30101328/dallas-cowboys-evp-stephen-jones-says-injured-qb-dak-prescott-our-future

This is what you, YOU, would love to see Blank say about his "Franchise QB"

Instead...."I don't make those decisions"...."I Hope he is a part of our future"

Now, I don't have to convince you....Blank did......crazy...I just got home.....hadn't even settled into you boys yet......

So go ahead and dismiss Blank....the actual owner of the team, and stay in that fantasy land you are living in....

You just started watching ATL. Must not be familiar with Blank.

Got ya.

Blank has always tried to avoid the idea that he is a "meddling" owner, a la Jerrah.

So, we'll do this...  we'll revisit. Come next season, MR2 is a falcon. Period. And I'll come say "told ya so". And you can act like you didn't say he was gonna be gone, you simply said that it was an option. Just like you dudes do.

Never change TATF...

6 hours ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

You just started watching ATL. Must not be familiar with Blank.

Got ya.

Blank has always tried to avoid the idea that he is a "meddling" owner, a la Jerrah.

So, we'll do this...  we'll revisit. Come next season, MR2 is a falcon. Period. And I'll come say "told ya so". And you can act like you didn't say he was gonna be gone, you simply said that it was an option. Just like you dudes do.

Never change TATF...

That has to be the best run around rebuttal I have seen thus far, but......didn't move the meter, did you watch the video? I see you chose to attack me first instead of address the comments.....weak move.......

If there was one player that Blank would choose to "meddle" with, Wouldn't it be the highest paid player on the roster?

Wouldn't it be the "all time greatest Falcon" he chose to speak up for? 

This would imply to me....that you actually believe Arthur Blank, the owner who comes down to the football field when things are going wrong, is just a checkbook and he will let whoever HE CHOOSES TO HIRE invest EVEN MORE into players that are at the root of this obscure or..... infamous era....

Basically...you think Blank is stupid, is that what you are saying? 

I am and Ice fan thru and thru, having said that there comes a time (a tough decision) in every franchise history on franchise QBs. No Ice is not washed up, with the right GM/HC he could still win it all, but if we are in position to take Lawrence we would be fools not to make the move.  If we are not trading Ice let him sit and learn, if we can trade him and Julio (never wanted to utter the last few words) then it might be time to start the rebuild. Yes, I know cap **** and dead money, but a GM worth his salt could make it happen.

The picks we could receive would make the new GM like a kid in the candy store.  There is also we have the top pick and trade back foa a whole slew of picks and can still get one of the better QBs out there. 

6 hours ago, the baptist said:

That has to be the best run around rebuttal I have seen thus far, but......didn't move the meter, did you watch the video? I see you chose to attack me first instead of address the comments.....weak move.......

If there was one player that Blank would choose to "meddle" with, Wouldn't it be the highest paid player on the roster?

Wouldn't it be the "all time greatest Falcon" he chose to speak up for? 

This would imply to me....that you actually believe Arthur Blank, the owner who comes down to the football field when things are going wrong, is just a checkbook and he will let whoever HE CHOOSES TO HIRE invest EVEN MORE into players that are at the root of this obscure or..... infamous era....

Basically...you think Blank is stupid, is that what you are saying? 

Careful, your fallacies are showing...

Again, you aren't familiar... Blank has ACTIVELY tried to avoid the "meddling owner" label. Actively. His statements, are exactly in that framing.

"We'll let the new GM and Coach build the team they want"

The other thing you're choosing to ignore is McKay's statements.

"We aren't looking to trade vets away"

"We have only made 1 trade, and that made sense for us, the player, etc..."

"We'll work within the contracts we have"

Again, simple stuff... I'll come back to you in a few months, when we don't draft a QB, and when MR2 is #1 on the depth chart, and you'll spout a bunch of BS about how you "didn't say it would happen, just that it was a possibility".

Just like every other dude in TATF who goes into knee-jerk, emotional reaction mode worse than my 7 year old daughter. I've been on here for a long, long time. We've seen a ton of dudes that do this exact same thing. In fact, just bounce to any of the same threads that say the same thing. You can even go back, year after year and see the same thing. Too bad they moved everything, there was a dude named Swift that used to post stuff like this day in and day out...

But, I'm sure you're right this time...

28 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Again, you aren't familiar... Blank has ACTIVELY tried to avoid the "meddling owner" label. Actively. His statements, are exactly in that framing.

Again, simple stuff... I'll come back to you in a few months, when we don't draft a QB, and when MR2 is #1 on the depth chart, and you'll spout a bunch of BS about how you "didn't say it would happen, just that it was a possibility".

Just like every other dude in TATF who goes into knee-jerk, emotional reaction mode worse than my 7 year old daughter. I've been on here for a long, long time. We've seen a ton of dudes that do this exact same thing. In fact, just bounce to any of the same threads that say the same thing. You can even go back, year after year and see the same thing. Too bad they moved everything, there was a dude named Swift that used to post stuff like this day in and day out...

McKay was talking about fire saling at the deadline. He said he doesn't want to make drastic moves, and its leaving that up to the next GM/HC.

The bit about move making sense for us and the player is the exact same sentiment that Arthur Blank had about Matt Ryan's future here.

7 hours ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

You are 0 for 3 at the same at bat, When the insults come out, that signals my victory, so in victory I won't address insults

Lets see if you can manage to swing at one ball.....

Simple stuff right? Same question....

If Matt Ryan is the "All Time Greatest Falcon", Highest paid player on the team, "First Ballot HOF", How do you explain his comments? Again we are talking about the owner of the team.....

On 10/12/2020 at 8:09 PM, the baptist said:

It sure is taking a long time for one of you Pro Ryan fans to respond to Arthur Blanks comments...Ive already heard rebuttals, but there is no way around his comments

So now......that's finished, Hard Case, love debating with you

There is no controversy if this Franchise decides to draft Trevor Lawrence or Fields, One of those guys would be the future of the franchise....period, Similar to the Rodgers,Farve transition

"....waste time trying to train a new one....." If I could see what you see in an 0-5 Matt Ryan team, that makes you believe that we are somehow superbowl bound next year, maybe I would understand your concept of time.....

Again....real slow this time, Matt Ryan is in his prime , and he is NOT the problem, the incompetence of this GM and the coaching staff they hired IS.  Trevor Lawrence or any other college phenom could well turn out to be a flop like the Texas A&M QB who was a flop at Cleveland.  College QBs are an unknown quality when they hit the NFL. Blank simply said that HE was not the one to make that decision on any player, the new GM and HC would.  Julio would be a lot easier to trade because of dead money , if you want to trade somebody.

7 hours ago, Hard Case said:

Again....real slow this time, Matt Ryan is in his prime , and he is NOT the problem, the incompetence of this GM and the coaching staff they hired IS.  Trevor Lawrence or any other college phenom could well turn out to be a flop like the Texas A&M QB who was a flop at Cleveland.  College QBs are an unknown quality when they hit the NFL. Blank simply said that HE was not the one to make that decision on any player, the new GM and HC would.  Julio would be a lot easier to trade because of dead money , if you want to trade somebody.

You Pro Ryan guys are using some kind of dissociation between what you believe Matt Ryan is and the sentiment from the Owner Of The Team that was shared in that video......

If indeed Matt Ryan is "Untouchable-Unmovable" as you Pro Ryan guys say, but the owner has given "permission" to a GM WHO HAS NOT BEEN HIRED YET, to "make the decisions"...Where are the dots not being connected for you guys

Arthur Blank is not stupid, he understands exactly what he is saying, He is already preparing the guy THAT HE HAS NOT HIRED, for the plans that he WOULD BE WILLING to hear about the future of this Franchise

Meaning...If a GM comes in with a good plan to move on from Matt Ryan, its done.....

Easy to trade and hard to trade, does not matter, the best of ZERO is ZERO(talking about wins for you lovers of obscurity), a decade it will cost this franchise, if they do not move on from Matt Ryan.....

12 minutes ago, the baptist said:

You Pro Ryan guys are using some kind of dissociation between what you believe Matt Ryan is and the sentiment from the Owner Of The Team that was shared in that video......

If indeed Matt Ryan is "Untouchable-Unmovable" as you Pro Ryan guys say, but the owner has given "permission" to a GM WHO HAS NOT BEEN HIRED YET, to "make the decisions"...Where are the dots not being connected for you guys

Arthur Blank is not stupid, he understands exactly what he is saying, He is already preparing the guy THAT HE HAS NOT HIRED, for the plans that he WOULD BE WILLING to hear about the future of this Franchise

Meaning...If a GM comes in with a good plan to move on from Matt Ryan, its done.....

Easy to trade and hard to trade, does not matter, the best of ZERO is ZERO(talking about wins for you lovers of obscurity), a decade it will cost this franchise, if they do not move on from Matt Ryan.....

Arthur Blank has NEVER made decisions on trades, he has sometimes approved them when they are presented to him, and other times  disapproved them. . Blank is not a football man, and has never gone to a GM and said trade this guy, that's what GMs are for with Blank's approval.   You sound like you just want one of those little waterbug scramblers that are all the rage, and it has nothing to do with Ryan's talents.  I'll bet car salesmen love to see you coming. 

On 10/12/2020 at 8:08 PM, shango said:

man i understand ryan fans,they are like a person thatrefuses to take his dog to the pound so it could be put down to take it out of misery.falcon fans, its time.let hime go

You are right, he just can't seem to throw a deep ball lying on his back any more. 

Aaron Rodgers replacement is already in the building.. Imo, we should go after Rodgers and draft a QB in the first.. Let Rodgers groom our future QB and possible 3 years from now we can be competitive again.. Other than that, its just going to be the same ol song and dance.. Ryan is a stat padder that dosnt have a drive to win.. Hes who he is now just as much as he was in college.. Its amazing hardly any of our fans actually studied his college career.. His play looked just the same as it does now.. The style of football ryan is comfortable with equals losing.. For some reason most of our fans have forgotten how uncomfortable he was playing under KS.. Both Kyle and Ryan stated he wasn't comfortable in that system but KS pushed him to execute it and it was the best play hes ever produced.. We need a coach that can force Ryan to play out of his comfort zone for Ryan to actually be successful, not another yes man

12 hours ago, Hard Case said:

Arthur Blank has NEVER made decisions on trades, he has sometimes approved them when they are presented to him, and other times  disapproved them. . Blank is not a football man, and has never gone to a GM and said trade this guy, that's what GMs are for with Blank's approval.   You sound like you just want one of those little waterbug scramblers that are all the rage, and it has nothing to do with Ryan's talents.  I'll bet car salesmen love to see you coming. 

When the insults come out.....In victory, I won't address insults...

What remains irrefutable....

The owner of a multi-million dollar product is telling a GM who has yet to be hired "I hope "the greatest falcon to ever play who is in his prime" is a part of our future...." 

I repeat....Arthur Blank is not stupid.....

By the way,  Ryan's "Talents"=0-5, 35, no chips.....You Lovers of Obscurity

5 hours ago, the baptist said:

When the insults come out.....In victory, I won't address insults...

What remains irrefutable....

The owner of a multi-million dollar product is telling a GM who has yet to be hired "I hope "the greatest falcon to ever play who is in his prime" is a part of our future...." 

I repeat....Arthur Blank is not stupid.....

By the way,  Ryan's "Talents"=0-5, 35, no chips.....You Lovers of Obscurity

That was not an insult, that was humor. Lighten up Bro'

20 hours ago, Hard Case said:

Only in YOUR mind.  Ryan is in his prime, and can make all the throws necessary in the NFL today , so long as he is not on his back.  therein lies any supposed problem with Ryan.

"Ryan is in his prime and can make..."

I will go and bump the topic that has the film that is breaking down Matt Ryan and his throws against the Panthers. Under pressure, yes, on his back....no, Unable to deliver under pressure....since the Superbowl Loss

This by the way is the second week in a row, where its clearly on tape, Matt Ryan is no longer in his prime, its not a debate, He is making throws that don't make any sense, Accuracy, Timing, Awareness, all lacking, its not a debate its on tape

Why don't I see you in those topics defending him?

Edited by the baptist