What Other QB's Would You Really Want Over Ryan Now or Next Year?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quinn and Koetter are my pressing concern right now. 

Fields/Lawrence/Lance, we will suck next year with or without Ryan but at least the transition will be smooth.

For me its also Dimi...

Posted Images

Just now, Wjcorner said:

They stopped them in the red zone before. Yes, maybe they play it safe and figure they can stop an offense that’s looked inept all game long and it’s only TD came in the first scripted drive, worth no timeouts. That’s not a tall order.

Have you watched our D?

We stopped Dallas a few times. How'd that work out at the end?

We stopped GB at like the 1. How'd that work out?

We stopped Chicago in the endzone... How did that effect the end of the game?

1 minute ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

I am. I'm positive of the right way to handle the QB position. And this is universally accepted...

Here it is... It's crazy...

If you have a QB who is consistently in the top 10-5 in the league, year after year, and you have him under contract, you keep him. 100 out of 100 times. Period.

Then we differ in our opinions. That’s not what I was referencing with that statement btw

1 minute ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Have you watched our D?

We stopped Dallas a few times. How'd that work out at the end?

We stopped GB at like the 1. How'd that work out?

We stopped Chicago in the endzone... How did that effect the end of the game?

You really are all over the place when you try to respond to one sentence. I was stating Carolina wouldn’t think it’s a tall order to stop us with no timeouts from getting a TD.

4 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

You really are all over the place when you try to respond to one sentence. I was stating Carolina wouldn’t think it’s a tall order to stop us with no timeouts from getting a TD.

I'm perfectly aligned. You suggested that we should've kicked the FG, while down by 7. Which means Car gets the ball, and marches down the field.

They only kicked a FG after the INT because it made it a 2 possession game with a few minutes left and no timeouts...

I'm saying, that had we kicked the FG, Carolina isn't near as conservative in their play calling, and instead of kicking a FG, they punch it in, keeping it a TD game (while we had no timeouts and minimal time on the clock...)

6 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

I'm perfectly aligned. You suggested that we should've kicked the FG, while down by 7. Which means Car gets the ball, and marches down the field.

They only kicked a FG after the INT because it made it a 2 possession game with a few minutes left and no timeouts...

I'm saying, that had we kicked the FG, Carolina isn't near as conservative in their play calling, and instead of kicking a FG, they punch it in, keeping it a TD game (while we had no timeouts and minimal time on the clock...)

Ok. Be the head coach. You’ve burned all of Atlanta’s timeouts. You’re in FG range. Atlanta hasn’t scored a TD since the first quarter. Why would you be any more aggressive at this point? 

End of the day, we’re talking if’s and buts. The right play in that situation is to extend the game. Coming away with nothing in the red zone because of an INT does not extend the game. It was not the time to throw a blind throw to Russell Gage. I just don’t agree that Ryan gets a ‘pass’ for trying to make a play at that point. Especially when he missed two open TDs, which apparently would’ve been for naught anyways, using your logic.

EDIT: I can’t spell 

Edited by Wjcorner
19 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

Ok. Be the head coach. You’ve burned all of Atlanta’s timeouts. You’re in FG range. Atlanta hasn’t scored a TD since the first quarter. Why would you be any more aggressive at this point? 

End of the day, we’re talking if’s and buts. The right play in that situation is to extend the game. Coming away with nothing in the red zone because of an INT does not extend the game. It was not the time to throw a blind throw to Russell Gage. I just don’t agree that Ryan gets a ‘pass’ for trying to make a play at that point. Especially when he missed two open TDs, which apparently would’ve been for naught anyways, using your logic.

EDIT: I can’t spell 

FG doesn't extend the game either bud... We're still down by 4...

12 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

FG doesn't extend the game either bud... We're still down by 4...

Extend the game doesn’t mean you take the lead? It means you create a scenario where something bad happens, like giving up a FG, and you still have a viable shot at tying the game. Hence, extending the game where we have something true to play for on the last drive.

Just now, Wjcorner said:

Extend the game doesn’t mean you take the lead? It means you create a scenario where something bad happens, like giving up a FG, and you still have a viable shot at tying the game. Hence, extending the game where we have something true to play for on the last drive.

It doesn't really extend the game if you don't at least go for the tie tho....

3 hours ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

This is BS, and you knew it when you typed it.

There isn't a single HC or HC Candidate that would think "You know what I'm gonna do first day? Make my job harder by adding "Starting QB" to the positions I need to fill..."

Period. End. Fin.

And, if you think that Blank is going to allow someone to come in and blow up everything, you're mistaken. Blank understands that he benefits financially by having guys like Ryan, Julio, Ridley, Grady, etc on the field. Take them away, and we're the Jets.

So, keep living in the fantasy land that you currently occupy. I can assure you, Ryan will be here until he decides not to be.

Heaven have mercy....here is another one of these guys......

When I get home, I'll break your opinions down, piece by piece into what ultimately will be destroyed 

Just to start.....who are you to assure me or anybody else of anything? Let alone whats going to happen in an organization you don't own? 

Second...if firing the head coach AND GM mid season is not the start of a "blow up" what is it?

20 minutes ago, the baptist said:

Heaven have mercy....here is another one of these guys......

When I get home, I'll break your opinions down, piece by piece into what ultimately will be destroyed 

Just to start.....who are you to assure me or anybody else of anything? Let alone whats going to happen in an organization you don't own? 

Second...if firing the head coach AND GM mid season is not the start of a "blow up" what is it?

Be careful what you wish for. You're used to arguing with other Madden-Style fans up here in TATF.

Now, I'll go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't remember 07. You know, when Blank hired Petrino and our QB went to the Pen... Member that? They didn't blow it up. They kept guys like Abe, Babs, Roddy, etc. They drafted Ryan and Matthews, and they built around them.

You know why? Because ultimately, the NFL is a business. And 'Ol uncle Arty likes his money coming in. He likes the Julio Jersey sales. He likes having a team good enough to compete, because competing = more butts in seats = more income.

But go ahead and try to convince me that Mr. Blank is going to do anything other than what every single Owner in the league would do... Literally the only owner who did things different died a couple of years back...

1 hour ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Be careful what you wish for. You're used to arguing with other Madden-Style fans up here in TATF.

Now, I'll go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you don't remember 07. You know, when Blank hired Petrino and our QB went to the Pen... Member that? They didn't blow it up. They kept guys like Abe, Babs, Roddy, etc. They drafted Ryan and Matthews, and they built around them.

You know why? Because ultimately, the NFL is a business. And 'Ol uncle Arty likes his money coming in. He likes the Julio Jersey sales. He likes having a team good enough to compete, because competing = more butts in seats = more income.

But go ahead and try to convince me that Mr. Blank is going to do anything other than what every single Owner in the league would do... Literally the only owner who did things different died a couple of years back...

I'm not home yet but I thought you should see this, just so you know that anyone who is not a Falcon fan with your kind of bias can see that this era is all but over

https://nflmocks.com/2020/10/12/2021-nfl-draft-quarterbacks-traded/

I know you will dismiss it, but my point is, I am not suggesting something that's utterly ridiculous, only to Ryan fans does it sound outrageous to trade him 

5 minutes ago, the baptist said:

I'm not home yet but I thought you should see this, just so you know that anyone who is not a Falcon fan with your kind of bias can see that this era is all but over

I know you will dismiss it, but my point is, I am not suggesting something that's utterly ridiculous, only to Ryan fans does it sound outrageous to trade him 

Apparently, you don't understand how the salary cap and contracts work... We don't have to dive into the details, but you should look up the cap hit. Then, go find a team will to eat it for us... then, see what other options are available.

The fan in me tells me that you keep a good QB when you get one. As long as possible. The penny-pincher in me tells me that if you've paid for something, it has value, and you don't let it go without sufficient value in return. The financial guy in me says you don't throw good money after bad, meaning, even if you think Ryan's contract is bad, you don't give up MORE money to get rid of it. That's what you're doing if you give Ryan away. You eat the cap hit, then you pay for the next QB...

12 minutes ago, the baptist said:

And I won't dismiss the site because it says something I don't like...

I'll dismiss it because it's a bunch of dudes who have no earthly idea of whats going on in the NFL...

21 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Apparently, you don't understand how the salary cap and contracts work... We don't have to dive into the details, but you should look up the cap hit. Then, go find a team will to eat it for us... then, see what other options are available.

The fan in me tells me that you keep a good QB when you get one. As long as possible. The penny-pincher in me tells me that if you've paid for something, it has value, and you don't let it go without sufficient value in return. The financial guy in me says you don't throw good money after bad, meaning, even if you think Ryan's contract is bad, you don't give up MORE money to get rid of it. That's what you're doing if you give Ryan away. You eat the cap hit, then you pay for the next QB...

You can draft Lawrence, sit him one year, and release or trade Ryan in 2022. This is what the Chiefs did with Mahomes and Alex Smith. Ryan is untouchable in 2021 because of a $50 million dead cap hit. However in 2022, if you release or trade him, there is a dead cap hit of $26 million but you will save around $16 million if Ryan isn't on the roster, even more if he's designated a post June 1 cut. The potential out with Ryan is 2022.

55 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Fields or Lawrence. 

Too soon for either, you would create a QB controversy  that we don't need on this team.  Ryan still has some good years left, and could STILL take us to the SB with the proper  team mates . It would take rookie QBs at least two years to figure out where to hang their jock straps, much less to learn to read defense.  Phenom rookies are usually rare and most need time to adjust their game to the NFL.  You have a top ten QB right now, why waste time trying to train a new one ? 

Edited by Hard Case

It doesn't really extend the game if you don't at least go for the tie tho....

Huh? We went for the tie. He missed the first throw, didn’t throw it to an open guy the 2nd, then threw a pick. Whether you get 3 or 7, you extend the game with points in the red zone. You don’t by throwing a red zone pick. 

It. Was. A. Bad. Play.

it’s ok, everybody makes them. 

And I won't dismiss the site because it says something I don't like...

I'll dismiss it because it's a bunch of dudes who have no earthly idea of whats going on in the NFL...

So the guys that get paid to keep up with the NFL don't know about the cap and how it works, I don't know about the cap and how it works.......

What about Arthur Blank? 

https://fansided.com/2020/10/12/falcons-trade-matt-ryan-drafting-trevor-lawrence/

I guess the rebuttal would be what...."Oh, that doesn't mean anything"......"He was taken out of context"....or..."What did you expect him to say!?"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30101328/dallas-cowboys-evp-stephen-jones-says-injured-qb-dak-prescott-our-future

This is what you, YOU, would love to see Blank say about his "Franchise QB"

Instead...."I don't make those decisions"...."I Hope he is a part of our future"

Now, I don't have to convince you....Blank did......crazy...I just got home.....hadn't even settled into you boys yet......

So go ahead and dismiss Blank....the actual owner of the team, and stay in that fantasy land you are living in....

On 10/7/2020 at 6:23 PM, JetJones11 said:

I mean what do you want 5 All Pros ? Seattle O line is terrible but Russel buys time and makes it happen Matt is too immobile that’s facts 

we are not winning it all in this age of football with a statue of liberty platapus foot QB.look at how rusell wilson practacally stole a victory from the vikings