Jump to content

What Other QB's Would You Really Want Over Ryan Now or Next Year?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quinn and Koetter are my pressing concern right now. 

Fields/Lawrence/Lance, we will suck next year with or without Ryan but at least the transition will be smooth.

For me its also Dimi...

Posted Images

On 10/7/2020 at 7:32 PM, the baptist said:

First.......in order to "hate", you'd have to have something to "hate" on.....cant "hate" on zero wins with no superbowl rings 

Second, patience in the NFL can cost you a Superbowl

Third, Rather Ryan is in his prime or not is a moot point.

You and every Matt Ryan fan or "Pro-Ryan but not a fan" is saying the same thing

"Get This"....."Get That" and THEN Matt Ryan will be great

For argument sake...lets say thats debatable.....How long do you think it will take to "Get This" and...."Get That"..? 3 to 5 years you think? With TD at the helm?

No Matter what YOU Pro Ryan fans think, The window has closed, Matt Ryan is what he is, board it up.......

Falcons would not be a Super Bowl team even if they get Lawrence, we need too many other pieces.  We need a competent O Line and Defense. Lawrence would nit fix that. Dump TD and the incompetent Quinn and let the rebuilding begin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2020 at 6:46 PM, PriMeTiiMe said:

Im not talking about him being able to throw a deep pass 10 years ago. His deep throw ability the last 2 years has been TERRIBLE. Show me one accurate placed ball thrown to a WR deep in stride

Show mw when he has had time to throw a deep ball, RARELY ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2020 at 9:21 PM, Killing Floor said:

Like I said, I don’t get to pick. But it’s a fun hypothetical thread. 

I don’t know who we would draft or if we’re even looking at QBs seriosly and it’s way too soon to make a good guess. 

And I get the animosity,  all my siblings were Bulldogs.  But every Big12 team loses.  That’s the difference between them and ACC and SEC, etc.  There’s no question TL is great.  There’s no question Ehlinger and maybe 10 others are substantially better that Ryan right now.  We are 7-9, 7-9, and 0-4 so I hope we are looking at more than just blaming Quinn.  So as a fan since 1972 without a lot of bragging rights I’d at least be kinda cool with a QB who is a proven leader who has surpassed Vince Young.  In the same time period TL faces on average 2 ranked teams per regular season. 

But it’s not up to me to pick.

 

We are NOT 7-9 because of Matt Ryan. The villains are TD and Quinn  not being able to build a decent defense.  A new QB would not help one iota.  A new regime would, it would be the absolute quickest way to make this team a contender. 

Edited by Hard Case
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hard Case said:

Show mw when he has had time to throw a deep ball, RARELY ! 

Good QBs make the throws. Look at Russell Wilsons o-line. They are bad and he constantly throws deep strikes even under pressure. Same goes for Rodgers. Stop making excuses for him. 

Some of you are hilarious. No team in the NFL has an amazing o-line, running back, weapons at WR and TE, AND a defense. You have to pick and choose what your team is built with. 

We chose the offense and its weapons. He has one had one of the best centers in the last 20 years protecting him for the last few years. Top 5 drafted LT. 1st Rounder at RG and RT. We have put plenty of resources into protecting him. We provided him with great options at WR and TE for years. RB overall we have had plenty of talent even if it did not pan out all the time. 

If Ryan is so bad that he needs EVERYTHING around him to be perfect to win, That's a big problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Good QBs make the throws. Look at Russell Wilsons o-line. They are bad and he constantly throws deep strikes even under pressure. Same goes for Rodgers. Stop making excuses for him. 

Some of you are hilarious. No team in the NFL has an amazing o-line, running back, weapons at WR and TE, AND a defense. You have to pick and choose what your team is built with. 

We chose the offense and its weapons. He has one had one of the best centers in the last 20 years protecting him for the last few years. Top 5 drafted LT. 1st Rounder at RG and RT. We have put plenty of resources into protecting him. We provided him with great options at WR and TE for years. RB overall we have had plenty of talent even if it did not pan out all the time. 

If Ryan is so bad that he needs EVERYTHING around him to be perfect to win, That's a big problem.

You keep missing the point. He can't make any kind of throw lying on his back.  Journeyman LG who stays hurt half the time, Mack is not all Pro anymore, and basically two rookies on the right side.  It takes time for an O line to gel, that's common football knowledge.  You just want a new QB, regardless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hard Case said:

Falcons would not be a Super Bowl team even if they get Lawrence, we need too many other pieces.  We need a competent O Line and Defense. Lawrence would nit fix that. Dump TD and the incompetent Quinn and let the rebuilding begin.

Thank you, Hard Case....I understand what you are saying now....

You've conceded that the Falcons will continue to be losers.....So you would rather have a baseless faith that they can win with Matt Ryan..A paradox......

In the words of Michael Jackson.....You are not alone......

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

If Ryan is so bad that he needs EVERYTHING around him to be perfect to win, That's a big problem.

I agree with this statement and also with the resources spent statement.

I give Matt Ryan plenty of excuses, but the issues he has now, are not about scheme and coaching and roster talent, he is having skill set issues...... accuracy, timing, awareness.

There is no excuse for those things to be in decline, that's just good ole father time, we need a new future.....

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hard Case said:

You keep missing the point. He can't make any kind of throw lying on his back.  Journeyman LG who stays hurt half the time, Mack is not all Pro anymore, and basically two rookies on the right side.  It takes time for an O line to gel, that's common football knowledge.  You just want a new QB, regardless.

No I am not. You seem to think Ryan is the only QB that does not have an elite level OLine. Tell me how good Russell Wilson’s line is. Humor me. Then explain to me how he launches perfect deep passes while getting hit and under pressure. I’ll wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

No I am not. You seem to think Ryan is the only QB that does not have an elite level OLine. Tell me how good Russell Wilson’s line is. Humor me. Then explain to me how he launches perfect deep passes while getting hit and under pressure. I’ll wait.

Wake up, Wilson is seldom on his back.  Consider yourself humored.  LOL !

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, the baptist said:

Thank you, Hard Case....I understand what you are saying now....

You've conceded that the Falcons will continue to be losers.....So you would rather have a baseless faith that they can win with Matt Ryan..A paradox......

In the words of Michael Jackson.....You are not alone......

 

As I said, Matt Ryan is NOT the problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, the baptist said:

I agree with this statement and also with the resources spent statement.

I give Matt Ryan plenty of excuses, but the issues he has now, are not about scheme and coaching and roster talent, he is having skill set issues...... accuracy, timing, awareness.

There is no excuse for those things to be in decline, that's just good ole father time, we need a new future.....

 

 

 

 

Do you honestly believe that getting a New QB  with this O line and Defense will make us competitive ?  C'mon man !

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hard Case said:

Wake up, Wilson is seldom on his back.  Consider yourself humored.  LOL !

 

Wilson has been sacked more than Ryan this season and thats with him being 1000000x more mobile and harder to sack. His o-lines are constantly one of the worst as they never spend any money or high end draft picks on them.

Do you even watch football other than Atlanta games?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

 

Wilson has been sacked more than Ryan this season and thats with him being 1000000x more mobile and harder to sack. His o-lines are constantly one of the worst as they never spend any money or high end draft picks on them.

Do you even watch football other than Atlanta games?

To be fair, Wilson holds onto the ball some of the longest in the league and creates some of his own pressures/sacks for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

You think we can build a defense while paying Ryan 40m a year? Hilarious.

We haven't built a defense with him hitting the cap in the teens for 3 straight years. And, it's likely that number next year gets changed anyway.

It's less to do with money and more to do with coaching; unless you are talking an elite defense. Let's start with an average defense; which we could get to with the right coaching and a major upgrade at safety.

This team is mostly a coaching problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

We haven't built a defense with him hitting the cap in the teens for 3 straight years. And, it's likely that number next year gets changed anyway.

It's less to do with money and more to do with coaching; unless you are talking an elite defense. Let's start with an average defense; which we could get to with the right coaching an upgrades at safety.

This team is mostly a coaching problem.

We already pushed it back twice. Pushing it back even farther would be moronic by whoever is our GM this season.

we will be working with no cap space this offseason. It will be hard enough just getting out of the negative. 

by the time we build a good defense Ryan will be nearly 40. No thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

We already pushed it back twice. Pushing it back even farther would be moronic by whoever is our GM this season.

we will be working with no cap space this offseason. It will be hard enough just getting out of the negative. 

by the time we build a good defense Ryan will be nearly 40. No thanks.

NFL likely will re-work cap imposed issues from Covid.

But, ya, the Saints pushed Brees back many times and even managed to draft a defense in like 2 years.

And, like I said...coaching is our biggest issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

NFL likely will re-work cap imposed issues from Covid.

But, ya, the Saints pushed Brees back many times and even managed to draft a defense in like 2 years.

And, like I said...coaching is our biggest issue.

So say we hit on all our picks (not likely, were the Falcons afterall) and in 2 years we have a solid to good defense. You now have a 38 year old Ryan and more than likely a middle of the pack team that can’t get one of the elite QB prospects. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

So say we hit on all our picks (not likely, were the Falcons afterall) and in 2 years we have a solid to good defense. You now have a 38 year old Ryan and more than likely a middle of the pack team that can’t get one of the elite QB prospects. 

You realize Mahomes, Wilson, ...were not the first QB taken in their drafts?

Taking the 1st QB isn't a guarantee. A lot of folks glaze that over since it's the only reason for hope some are desperate for, but I get it.

I'm more concerned with our next coaching hire at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

You realize Mahomes, Wilson, ...were not the first QB taken in their drafts?

Taking the 1st QB isn't a guarantee. A lot of folks glaze that over since it's the only reason for hope some are desperate for, but I get it.

I'm more concerned with our next coaching hire at this point.

Everything in the draft is a gamble. Just like how you’re assuming we can build a defense in 2 years through the draft when we could end up with Busts.

QB is the most important and you don’t pass on that chance to get an elite prospect when you have an aging QB. For every one Wilson theres 25 other QBs that are terrible in the later rounds. Sure we could end up taking a QB high and get a Mitch Trubisky but we could also end up with a Vic Beasley if we go defense. It’s all a gamble. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Everything in the draft is a gamble. Just like how you’re assuming we can build a defense in 2 years through the draft when we could end up with Busts.

QB is the most important and you don’t pass on that chance to get an elite prospect when you have an aging QB. For every one Wilson theres 25 other QBs that are terrible in the later rounds. Sure we could end up taking a QB high and get a Mitch Trubisky but we could also end up with a Vic Beasley if we go defense. It’s all a gamble. 

Which is why when to take the heir to replace Ryan will be a measured move; unless for some reason the team does a complete rebuild.

As it stands today, nobody knows what Blank will do with this team. He's held onto DQ this long for one lol.

I'm of the opinion of getting the right coach in here and getting a QB in a couple years. Ryan isn't showing signs of slowing down physically. We're running the wrong system with an outdated OC; who wasn't ever among the best even when his style was more relevant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Which is why when to take the heir to replace Ryan will be a measured move; unless for some reason the team does a complete rebuild.

As it stands today, nobody knows what Blank will do with this team. He's held onto DQ this long for one lol.

I'm of the opinion of getting the right coach in here and getting a QB in a couple years. Ryan isn't showing signs of slowing down physically. We're running the wrong system with an outdated OC; who wasn't ever among the best even when his style was more relevant.

Fair enough. I don’t agree but I see that side of it. I have seen enough of this group of players I just want to move forward. As long as Ryan is around I feel like this dark 28-3 and blown leads shadow on the franchise will always be there. I want a fresh start for us and to give Ryan a legit chance to win something elsewhere because its not likely to happen here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...