What Other QB's Would You Really Want Over Ryan Now or Next Year?

13 hours ago, jetpac said:

No. He doesnt bruh.. He really doesn't. He's on the decline and has been since last yr. He cant hit a receiver in stride to save his life.

He doesn't have time to do that in most cases. Brady, Rodgers and Brees among others,  could eat a hot dog while waiting for receivers to get open.  Ryan is in his prime, no matter what the impatient Ryan haters say.  

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quinn and Koetter are my pressing concern right now. 

Fields/Lawrence/Lance, we will suck next year with or without Ryan but at least the transition will be smooth.

For me its also Dimi...

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Hard Case said:

He doesn't have time to do that in most cases. Brady, Rodgers and Brees among others,  could eat a hot dog while waiting for receivers to get open.  Ryan is in his prime, no matter what the impatient Ryan haters say.  

Ryan is NOT our problem.  He has 3-5 good seasons left in him.  I would keep him not matter what.

1 hour ago, Hard Case said:

Are we watching the same games? This is an EASY TD for most QBs. Let me guess, Someone breathed on him is the excuse for this underthrow? 

On 10/6/2020 at 3:25 PM, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

As he shouldn't. Ryan is the model of consistency. Get a defense, and this is all a non-issue.

We don't even need many new defensive studs. Just a couple of decent CBs and a Safety not named Kazee, and get rid of the BS cover 3, and we're good.

And old , slow Rico ...he's been done for 2 years now 

6 hours ago, Hard Case said:

First.......in order to "hate", you'd have to have something to "hate" on.....cant "hate" on zero wins with no superbowl rings 

Second, patience in the NFL can cost you a Superbowl

Third, Rather Ryan is in his prime or not is a moot point.

You and every Matt Ryan fan or "Pro-Ryan but not a fan" is saying the same thing

"Get This"....."Get That" and THEN Matt Ryan will be great

For argument sake...lets say thats debatable.....How long do you think it will take to "Get This" and...."Get That"..? 3 to 5 years you think? With TD at the helm?

No Matter what YOU Pro Ryan fans think, The window has closed, Matt Ryan is what he is, board it up.......

Ehlinger. Y’all don’t care for him because he dismantled the Dawgs. But next year maybe let bygones be bygones?  Quote me and say No. But right now he’s bigger, stronger, faster and tougher and smarter.  

Yes, Lawrence is the real deal. But maybe he’s the real deal because he has the best O line, best running backs, best receivers and tight ends.  So Ehlinger is that good with terrible O line, average receivers and backs. Just think about it, AB. 

Or wait a year and hope for Sam Howell. 

5 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Ehlinger. Y’all don’t care for him because he dismantled the Dawgs. But next year maybe let bygones be bygones?  Quote me and say No. But right now he’s bigger, stronger, faster and tougher and smarter.  

Yes, Lawrence is the real deal. But maybe he’s the real deal because he has the best O line, best running backs, best receivers and tight ends.  So Ehlinger is that good with terrible O line, average receivers and backs. Just think about it, AB. 

Or wait a year and hope for Sam Howell. 

This the same guy who lost to TCU?

...in a game where the opposing QB did not throw for a Touchdown?

...same game where that same qb, had a better qb rating?

4 minutes ago, the baptist said:

This the same guy who lost to TCU?

...in a game where the opposing QB did not throw for a Touchdown?

...same game where that same qb, had a better qb rating?

Hey, buddy, we’re 0-4 and Ryan is gassed. And Ehlinger is top 3 of the 2021 grads. But it’s a long season. 

And you can call out a game, and honestly the Horns might be buried by OU Saturday. We’ll see. But the guy we want is an interception machine and beat UNC by 1.  It’s not my decision anyway.  Some of the brightest lights in college ball don’t translate to NFL. You know that. Maybe TL is the next GOAT or maybe he’s Tebow.  The ACC gives him 1 good game every other year. 

I just want ATL to get on the stick before Ryan is done. 

27 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Hey, buddy, we’re 0-4 and Ryan is gassed. And Ehlinger is top 3 of the 2021 grads. But it’s a long season. 

And you can call out a game, and honestly the Horns might be buried by OU Saturday. We’ll see. But the guy we want is an interception machine and beat UNC by 1.  It’s not my decision anyway.  Some of the brightest lights in college ball don’t translate to NFL. You know that. Maybe TL is the next GOAT or maybe he’s Tebow.  The ACC gives him 1 good game every other year. 

I just wanted clarification on where you had your chips....because its not a good bet

TCU's future is not apart of the discussion

Guy lost to a team where the QB did not throw a touchdown, and had a better rating

With that.... I watched the game, If I had not watched the game, I would not be confident in this, Ehlinger's true value is 5th round, his talent is 5th round

If any team takes him above the 4th round, its a reach, the only thing that would normally be a commodity is his mobility, but the top 3 have that and more....

Good thing for your pick is, if TD is still around, he is known to reach for this kind of prospect, Knowing the Falcons they will draft him first round...

Edited by the baptist
32 minutes ago, the baptist said:

I just wanted clarification on where you had your chips....because its not a good bet

TCU's future is not apart of the discussion

Guy lost to a team where the QB did not throw a touchdown, and had a better rating

With that.... I watched the game, If I had not watched the game, I would not be confident in this, Ehlinger's true value is 5th round, his talent is 5th round

If any team takes him above the 4th round, its a reach, the only thing that would normally be a commodity is his mobility, but the top 3 have that and more....

Good thing for your pick is, if TD is still around, he is known to reach for this kind of prospect, Knowing the Falcons they will draft him first round...

Like I said, I don’t get to pick. But it’s a fun hypothetical thread. 

I don’t know who we would draft or if we’re even looking at QBs seriosly and it’s way too soon to make a good guess. 

And I get the animosity,  all my siblings were Bulldogs.  But every Big12 team loses.  That’s the difference between them and ACC and SEC, etc.  There’s no question TL is great.  There’s no question Ehlinger and maybe 10 others are substantially better that Ryan right now.  We are 7-9, 7-9, and 0-4 so I hope we are looking at more than just blaming Quinn.  So as a fan since 1972 without a lot of bragging rights I’d at least be kinda cool with a QB who is a proven leader who has surpassed Vince Young.  In the same time period TL faces on average 2 ranked teams per regular season. 

But it’s not up to me to pick.

21 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Like I said, I don’t get to pick. But it’s a fun hypothetical thread. 

I don’t know who we would draft or if we’re even looking at QBs seriosly and it’s way too soon to make a good guess. 

And I get the animosity,  all my siblings were Bulldogs.  But every Big12 team loses.  That’s the difference between them and ACC and SEC, etc.  There’s no question TL is great.  There’s no question Ehlinger and maybe 10 others are substantially better that Ryan right now.  We are 7-9, 7-9, and 0-4 so I hope we are looking at more than just blaming Quinn.  So as a fan since 1972 without a lot of bragging rights I’d at least be kinda cool with a QB who is a proven leader who has surpassed Vince Young.  In the same time period TL faces on average 2 ranked teams per regular season. 

But it’s not up to me to pick.

When I say your pick, meaning....this is who you would like to see in a Falcon Uniform

I am a fan of football first, I love the game, there is no bias in my opinion of Ehlinger...

TL may not be Andrew Luck, but I do believe he will be a more consistent Big Ben on the bottom floor, his ceiling is higher than Ehlinger by a substantial amount.

TL has everything Ehlinger has including leadership, with more arm talent

1 hour ago, the baptist said:

When I say your pick, meaning....this is who you would like to see in a Falcon Uniform

I am a fan of football first, I love the game, there is no bias in my opinion of Ehlinger...

TL may not be Andrew Luck, but I do believe he will be a more consistent Big Ben on the bottom floor, his ceiling is higher than Ehlinger by a substantial amount.

TL has everything Ehlinger has including leadership, with more arm talent

I just would like to believe our team’s leadership is planning for the future. I’m sure we can agree there. Who knows who will be our starter after Ryan.  I don’t.

One advantage of a rough season is an early pick. This we all know. If I’m honest there’s not a ton of talent difference between Falcons and say, KC.  By this I mean every 3rd string is good enough to have been drafted or signed. Whoever we get, I hope one of our first priorities is a QB because Ryan isn’t lighting up like he used to. Still a great passer but clock is ticking. 

Rise Up

18 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

Ehlinger is trash bro 

LOL at these threads.

For all in here wetting your pants to replace Matt Ryan....better check your history of drafting QBs in nfl. If confused, you might want to call skins (D Haskins) Jets (Darnold) Zona (Rosen) jags (bortles) Broncos (P Lynch) bucs (Winston) Titans (Mariota) browns (manziel) bills (EJ Manuel) raiders (J Russell)....I could go on and on. Just as many misses as hits. And if being totally honest with yourselves, every one of you would have drafted one of those losers without the benefit of hindsite today.

Be careful what you wish for.

6 hours ago, Vandy said:

LOL at these threads.

For all in here wetting your pants to replace Matt Ryan....better check your history of drafting QBs in nfl. If confused, you might want to call skins (D Haskins) Jets (Darnold) Zona (Rosen) jags (bortles) Broncos (P Lynch) bucs (Winston) Titans (Mariota) browns (manziel) bills (EJ Manuel) raiders (J Russell)....I could go on and on. Just as many misses as hits. And if being totally honest with yourselves, every one of you would have drafted one of those losers without the benefit of hindsite today.

Be careful what you wish for.

Calm down, it will be ok, I Understand, I know you guys that literally love Matt Ryan are afraid of whats coming, so let it all out...let the tears fall now...

No one is "Wishing" for anything, Matt Ryan is about to be 40 in 3 more seasons, and because they failed to move on from the current front office and staff, Anyone brought in should not be expected to turn this team into Superbowl Winners in 3 seasons with an aging "above average" QB who is overpaid

But of course.....a "real" Falcon fan shouldn't expect to be a Superbowl contender right? 

The point about "missed" draft picks is irrelevant, its time to move on

7 hours ago, octoslash said:

No, Ryan just turned 35 in May.

Ok.....stay with me...this is if everything goes perfectly for the Falcons...............

Season 2021....First season 36 New Staff, Rebuild, No Superbowl

Season 2022....Second Season 37, Still, New Staff, Rebuild, No Superbowl

Season 2023....Third Season 38, System implemented, Buying, Everything goes perfect, make the playoffs, fall short, No Superbowl

Season 2024...Fourth Season..."about to be 40".....

If a QB hasn't been drafted, and you stick with Ryan, you hopefully have a contending team with a 40...Im sorry......39 year old cap holding, hopefully Average QB?? 

He's not Brees, Brady,Manning or Rodgers, never will be, not even close

There is no scenario where the Falcons win a Superbowl with Matt Ryan, The window has closed......Its Time...

With that said.....if you want obscurity, don't worry, this franchise has been notorious lately for doing the right things at irrelevant times.