D.J. Uiagalelei, Clemson Quarterback

Spts1

7 hours ago, JetJones11 said:

He’s really good but I’d rather trade up for Fields he looks amazing this year so far so whatever it takes to bring him home 

Fields and Lawrence are not coming thru the Falcons doors because of Ryan's contract. D. J. will become available at about the time the Falcons can move on from Ryan.  The Falcons would then obviously need to be in a position to draft his replacement.  D. J. is just another option to look at...

Late edit:  My bad.  So much noise is made about Ryan's contract that I forgot that they can still draft his replacement this year and let him sit behind Ryan a year...

On 10/31/2020 at 1:05 PM, Spts1 said:

Exactly.  I saw that throw on third down.  He has the potential to be better than Watson and Lawrence.  Heck, I'm seeing early Mahomes talent.  Did you see that throw during warm ups where he just stood there at the 50 yard line and literally with just a flick of the wrist, throw it to the endzone?

Yeah, the kid has everything scouts want. He will get drafted in the 1st round due to physical tools alone. Where he is picked depends on how he performs. With the talent he has and Clemson has, he will put up video game numbers next year.

Does it mean he will be successful in the NFL? Who knows.. It is the same question for Lawrence and any other rookie QB. It is a lot easier to look great when your whole team is better than the your opposition.

It is one reason I always liked guys who came from smaller programs and elevated everyone around them.

1 hour ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Yeah, the kid has everything scouts want. He will get drafted in the 1st round due to physical tools alone. Where he is picked depends on how he performs. With the talent he has and Clemson has, he will put up video game numbers next year.

Does it mean he will be successful in the NFL? Who knows.. It is the same question for Lawrence and any other rookie QB. It is a lot easier to look great when your whole team is better than the your opposition.

It is one reason I always liked guys who came from smaller programs and elevated everyone around them.

100%. That's why I'm always buyer beware about qb's that are surrounded by NFL calibre talent in college.

2 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

100%. That's why I'm always buyer beware about qb's that are surrounded by NFL calibre talent in college.

It’s about traits. Watson was surrounded by NFL talent at Clemson and doing a good job. Traits are what is important in evaluating any position. But it’s not the only thing either

15 hours ago, Knight of God said:

The hype is now on Wilson 

I have watched Wilson play one time and he had a good game playing both with and against talent that is probably not comparable to SEC, ACC or Big 10 talent. Good size, good arm and decent mobility. BYU has a history of QBs who have put up great numbers in college but not so good in the NFL. That being said, he is someone I want to see more of. I have yet to fully form an opinion on him. 

4 hours ago, Jpg428gggg said:

The flip side of that is guys who excel playing against the best talent.  D. J. can play...

4 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

For this one, it depends.. I’ll let you guess what the prerequisite is

Wonder if he stayed up late to see the end of the game? Sack, sack, incomplete pass and then a completed pass well short of the first down to end the game. Boy, we all know how much he has ragged on Ryan for such performance. I wonder if he'll hold his latest man crush to the same standards?

Edited by AUTiger7222

6 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Wonder if he stayed up late to see the end of the game? Sack, sack, incomplete pass and then a completed pass well short of the first down to end the game. Boy, we all know how much he has ragged on Ryan for such performance. I wonder if he'll hold his latest man crush to the same standards?

Nah.. he’ll just “scout” another 😂

7 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Yeah, cause we all know who’s to blame when Matt Ryan Is getting sacked, especially in the SB.