D.J. Uiagalelei, Clemson Quarterback

Spts1

On 10/6/2020 at 11:54 AM, DonOfThemBirds said:

I'm gonna be honest.

Fields over the shoulder throws are a thing of beauty.

I'm actually more impressed by more of his throws than I am with Lawrence's.

So for this season, Clemson seems to be restricting Lawrence a good bit with his passing and not letting him loose.

Exactly. That kid has a nice throwing and motion. This placement on fades is nice too. We need a QB that can make all the throws. Matt can't do that. This year QB class is a special 1. Atl better pounce on the chance to get a QB. If im a new GM im not hitching my wagon to Matt Ryan long term.

This kid has a cannon. His throw on third and 16 was ridiculous. They say he also throws 95+ in baseball. I know it is early but he is the total package. Cannon for an arm with great athleticism.

I know he hasn’t played much but he will put up big numbers next year. He just needs to stay healthy because Clemson’s offense is setup for anyone to lead. He will be a top pick in baseball and football. Curious which way he will choose.

3 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

This kid has a cannon. His throw on third and 16 was ridiculous. They say he also throws 95+ in baseball. I know it is early but he is the total package. Cannon for an arm with great athleticism.

I know he hasn’t played much but he will put up big numbers next year. He just needs to stay healthy because Clemson’s offense is setup for anyone to lead. He will be a top pick in baseball and football. Curious which way he will choose.

Exactly.  I saw that throw on third down.  He has the potential to be better than Watson and Lawrence.  Heck, I'm seeing early Mahomes talent.  Did you see that throw during warm ups where he just stood there at the 50 yard line and literally with just a flick of the wrist, throw it to the endzone?

On 10/6/2020 at 8:41 AM, Spts1 said:

Folks are making noise about Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, and now Trey Lance.  First off, NONE of them will be available for the Falcons because the Falcons are gonna ride this Matt Ryan thing out until the wheels fall off....      Second, I've been looking at a guy NOBODY is talking about. I've scouted this guy for the last two years.  D.J. Uiagelelei is the next quarterback in line at Clemson.  He reminds me of Justin Fields.  He will be a sophomore next season and will be coming out right about the time that the Falcons SHOULD be FORCED to move on from Ryan.  He has the total -package.  Size, big arm, running ability and pocket awareness.  The dude is like a clone of Justin Fields.

image.jpeg.44ecd1e67c0cdedcc3f7c78792830def.jpeg

Lol 

9 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

They don’t seem to trust him.  Been a lot of short throws for the most part.

I can only think of 2 completions today where he threw the ball further than 10 yards downfield.

Edit: make that 3

But I'm not sure it's as much about trust as it is about wanting to make it as easy as possible for a kid in his first start.

Edited by JohnnyFranchise

On 10/6/2020 at 11:41 AM, Spts1 said:

Folks are making noise about Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, and now Trey Lance.  First off, NONE of them will be available for the Falcons because the Falcons are gonna ride this Matt Ryan thing out until the wheels fall off....      Second, I've been looking at a guy NOBODY is talking about. I've scouted this guy for the last two years.  D.J. Uiagelelei is the next quarterback in line at Clemson.  He reminds me of Justin Fields.  He will be a sophomore next season and will be coming out right about the time that the Falcons SHOULD be FORCED to move on from Ryan.  He has the total -package.  Size, big arm, running ability and pocket awareness.  The dude is like a clone of Justin Fields.

image.jpeg.44ecd1e67c0cdedcc3f7c78792830def.jpeg

He'll be starting next week against ND...