Dimitroff Should Be Fired Too

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going back and looking at TD's history with the team, I wanted to see how much TD is to blame for our downfall. Is it all actually Dan Quinn? The answer is somewhat of a mixed bag... Draft:

Agree 100%. McKay too. This whole franchise needs a culture shock.

NOTE:   Partially quoting A-Town, I posted the parts I wanted to comment on........ Going back and looking at TD's history with the team, I wanted to see how much TD is to blame for our downfall.

NOTE:   Partially quoting A-Town, I posted the parts I wanted to comment on........

Going back and looking at TD's history with the team, I wanted to see how much TD is to blame for our downfall. Is it all actually Dan Quinn?

The answer is somewhat of a mixed bag...

Draft:  ...............
2015 - 2020 - Much better, but 14 of these 39 picks aren't on the team anymore, and the jury is out on some of these still.

• - 5 franchise players (Grady Jarrett, Deion Jones, Austin Hooper, Calvin Ridley, Chris Lindstrom).
    - 11 contributors (Beasley, Coleman, Hardy, Neal, Kazee, McKinley, Oloukun, Gage, Smith, McGary, Sheffield).
    - 11 misses (King, Rodgers, Collins, Fuller, Schweitzer, Campbell, Saubert, Harlow, Riley, Oliver, Green).

• Verdict: Average (but better as of late). He usually nails a pick between Rounds 1 and 4 as a franchise player, but it is an extremely top heavy roster with very little quality depth. Even some of the "contributors" are average and are only starting because they face zero competition.

Good analysis as usual.

ADDITIONAL  NOTES;  There is no doubt that since Quinn arrived the Falcons 4th 5th and 6th round picks are much improved.   Unfortunately these are the picks TD typically trades for average but high priced vets like Levitre.  Plus the Falcons never seem to get a full allotment of  comp picks because of thier FA signings.

TD has yet to draft a legit consistent pass rusher.    Nor do we get many DBs who can INT the ball.

Finally.....one out of four draft picks TD has had, he used to draft defensive backs.   Looking at our DBs, does it look like TD has been using that many picks on the back end?   And this isn't even counting all the FAs TD has signed or the trades.....

Free Agency & Trades:...............
One of his biggest weaknesses is letting go of decent players and replacing them with utter disappointments (see Curtis Lofton, Jonathan Abraham, Michael Turner, Todd McClure, Brent Grimes, Tyson Clabo, Harvey Dahl, Dominique Foxworth, Lawyer Milloy, Grady Jackson, Rod Coleman, DeAngelo Hall).

ADDITIONAL  NOTES;   Look at all the players who were here from before TD arrived.....  thier replacements were for the most part as you mentioned below, soft and week.   Does anyone remember the stories  coming out of 2013 training camp, when the Bengals came in and mauled our lines, OL in particular?

• Hits - Michael Turner, Tony Gonzales, Asante Samuel, Alex Mack, Mohammed Sanu, Matt Bryant, Adrian Clayborn, Erik Coleman, Mike Peterson, Will Svitek

ADDITIONAL  NOTES;   Not replacing Turner has been a major, major mistake.

• Misses - Dunta Robinson, Ray Edwards, Tyson Jackson, Steven Jackson, Paul Soliai, Leonard Hankerson, Justin Bethel, Logan Paulsen, Jason Elam, Chris Hope, Robert McClain, Lofa Tatupu, Osi Umenyiora, Reggie Kelly, Kelvin Hayden, and many more useless names.

Cap Space:..............     

ADDITIONAL  NOTES;    Many of these FA misses had shown they could play, but when they came here and got those big signing bonuses?  Thier play fell off a cliff.   Plus there is No Doubt TD overpaid for a whole lot of those guys.

Final Take:
Falcons are in a horrible spot right now, and we can thank both DQ and TD for that. Although TD has had some solid draft picks, this alone cannot and should not save his job. Two words comes to mind when I think of Dimitroff, and those words are AVERAGE & SOFT. The Falcons will reflect this as long as he is around. Over the years, we have become more weak, pathetic and embarrassing as a team. Take a look, our team turned into the ******* meme of the NFL ever since our 28-3 collapse, and it has only gotten worse this season. No one is afraid of us, and everyone thinks the Atlanta Falcons are a joke. 

It is time to rid this team of the horrible 28-3 stench that has plagued us for years and start fresh. That means scrapping both DQ and TD.

ADDITIONAL NOTE:  Falcons have way too many one-year players.  For these guys  the last game is game 16, not the playoffs.   Players concerned about where thier next contracts are coming from couldn't care less about  the Falcons making the playoffs.

The Falcons need to be able to ID players who are not All In, and get them off the team.   Falcons also need to keep -ALL- thier draft picks and get thier full allotment of comp picks every year so we can have something AB has been preaching about our coaching, and that is continuity on our player roster.   So many new players coming and going wrecks team cohesiveness.    Then we need coaches who are good teachers.   Too many of our young guys regress over time.

You wrote a very good post, A-Town..... I know you must be as frustrated as can be about this team.   Like most of us are.   Peace.  

Edited by egoprime II

McKay needs to go also. But he won't. Blank will keep him. He might remove him from personnel and hiring decisions but I don't believe he will. McKay will stay in the loop and there is the first glitch in the machine. If everyone else is replaced there is a chance it might work as long as McKay is just a sounding board for Blank so to speak, but I don't believe Blank has the guts at this point to start over from the floor. Time will tell. The fact Quinn is stillllllllllllllllllllllllllll the HC is a pretty strong indicator of what to expect IMO.

On 10/6/2020 at 11:49 AM, Flyin' In DC said:

I agree. I think for a while you can argue that this is who the coach wanted and I just gave him that player but the case you have laid out against TD is pretty ****ing. 

The telling part for me, how many times do you find a Falcons draft pick go on to other teams for amazing careers?

The last question of your post indicates more of a coaching issue than a personnel issue. 

33 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

The last question of your post indicates more of a coaching issue than a personnel issue. 

My point was that this isn't just a DQ or Smitty issue. I was just saying that I can only think of a handful of players who have gone on to other teams and had great careers. Its only my opinion but I think it is a talent AND coaching issue

12 hours ago, egoprime II said:

NOTE:   Partially quoting A-Town, I posted the parts I wanted to comment on........

Going back and looking at TD's history with the team, I wanted to see how much TD is to blame for our downfall. Is it all actually Dan Quinn?

The answer is somewhat of a mixed bag...

Draft:  ...............
2015 - 2020 - Much better, but 14 of these 39 picks aren't on the team anymore, and the jury is out on some of these still.

• - 5 franchise players (Grady Jarrett, Deion Jones, Austin Hooper, Calvin Ridley, Chris Lindstrom).
    - 11 contributors (Beasley, Coleman, Hardy, Neal, Kazee, McKinley, Oloukun, Gage, Smith, McGary, Sheffield).
    - 11 misses (King, Rodgers, Collins, Fuller, Schweitzer, Campbell, Saubert, Harlow, Riley, Oliver, Green).

• Verdict: Average (but better as of late). He usually nails a pick between Rounds 1 and 4 as a franchise player, but it is an extremely top heavy roster with very little quality depth. Even some of the "contributors" are average and are only starting because they face zero competition.

Good analysis as usual.

ADDITIONAL  NOTES;  There is no doubt that since Quinn arrived the Falcons 4th 5th and 6th round picks are much improved.   Unfortunately these are the picks TD typically trades for average but high priced vets like Levitre.  Plus the Falcons never seem to get a full allotment of  comp picks because of thier FA signings.

TD has yet to draft a legit consistent pass rusher.    Nor do we get many DBs who can INT the ball.

Finally.....one out of four draft picks TD has had, he used to draft defensive backs.   Looking at our DBs, does it look like TD has been using that many picks on the back end?   And this isn't even counting all the FAs TD has signed or the trades.....

Free Agency & Trades:...............
One of his biggest weaknesses is letting go of decent players and replacing them with utter disappointments (see Curtis Lofton, Jonathan Abraham, Michael Turner, Todd McClure, Brent Grimes, Tyson Clabo, Harvey Dahl, Dominique Foxworth, Lawyer Milloy, Grady Jackson, Rod Coleman, DeAngelo Hall).

ADDITIONAL  NOTES;   Look at all the players who were here from before TD arrived.....  thier replacements were for the most part as you mentioned below, soft and week.   Does anyone remember the stories  coming out of 2013 training camp, when the Bengals came in and mauled our lines, OL in particular?

• Hits - Michael Turner, Tony Gonzales, Asante Samuel, Alex Mack, Mohammed Sanu, Matt Bryant, Adrian Clayborn, Erik Coleman, Mike Peterson, Will Svitek

ADDITIONAL  NOTES;   Not replacing Turner has been a major, major mistake.

• Misses - Dunta Robinson, Ray Edwards, Tyson Jackson, Steven Jackson, Paul Soliai, Leonard Hankerson, Justin Bethel, Logan Paulsen, Jason Elam, Chris Hope, Robert McClain, Lofa Tatupu, Osi Umenyiora, Reggie Kelly, Kelvin Hayden, and many more useless names.

Cap Space:..............     

ADDITIONAL  NOTES;    Many of these FA misses had shown they could play, but when they came here and got those big signing bonuses?  Thier play fell off a cliff.   Plus there is No Doubt TD overpaid for a whole lot of those guys.

Final Take:
Falcons are in a horrible spot right now, and we can thank both DQ and TD for that. Although TD has had some solid draft picks, this alone cannot and should not save his job. Two words comes to mind when I think of Dimitroff, and those words are AVERAGE & SOFT. The Falcons will reflect this as long as he is around. Over the years, we have become more weak, pathetic and embarrassing as a team. Take a look, our team turned into the ******* meme of the NFL ever since our 28-3 collapse, and it has only gotten worse this season. No one is afraid of us, and everyone thinks the Atlanta Falcons are a joke. 

It is time to rid this team of the horrible 28-3 stench that has plagued us for years and start fresh. That means scrapping both DQ and TD.

ADDITIONAL NOTE:  Falcons have way too many one-year players.  For these guys  the last game is game 16, not the playoffs.   Players concerned about where thier next contracts are coming from couldn't care less about  the Falcons making the playoffs.

The Falcons need to be able to ID players who are not All In, and get them off the team.   Falcons also need to keep -ALL- thier draft picks and get thier full allotment of comp picks every year so we can have something AB has been preaching about our coaching, and that is continuity on our player roster.   So many new players coming and going wrecks team cohesiveness.    Then we need coaches who are good teachers.   Too many of our young guys regress over time.

You wrote a very good post, A-Town..... I know you must be as frustrated as can be about this team.   Like most of us are.   Peace.  

If I could like this a million times, I would. Appreciate your insight and I totally agree with you man. 

I think pride gets in the way with guys this successful. AB has made billions, and to blow the front office up would mean he picked the wrong dudes all the way up the food chain. I imagine that's a hard pill to swallow for the ol' ego. So you hold on too long hoping you were right and also so you dont feel like a fool in front of your other billionaire buddies I guess.