Lane Kiffin as Head Coach

Refried Beans

39 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

What would everyone think of Lane Kiffin as head coach? I mean he won National Championship at Alabama. He's a offensive minded coach. Helped recruit Tua so he can recognize talent. Just saying. 

For someone that regularly rails on the talent of this team, to even mention that dude is f*****g ridiculous. It proves you aren’t a good talent evaluator. 

Edited by shc

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

What would everyone think of Lane Kiffin as head coach? I mean he won National Championship at Alabama. He's a offensive minded coach. Helped recruit Tua so he can recognize talent. Just saying. 

For as good as he was at Bama, there is a reason Saban sent him on his way.  No one knows all about the details, but rumors are he is a child.

It had to be something more, otherwise, why would Saban not even let him coach in NCG?

Saban let him go becasue he had already taken the job at FAU and was not showing up on time to meetings. So after Kiffin ran late in a pre-game post conference Saban said enough is enough. I think you have to look at the overall pictue of his work, he was awesome at Alabama. And has won everywhere he goes. Like the article I posted above states, his roster at Oakland was terrible and was only given a year before his next opportunity came up.  I like Bieniemy more but he will go fast.  I  like Kiffin because he is seasoned and consistant and still young enough to be here 8 to 10 years. He could bring in Kendall Briles with him and they could light NFL up. I know it's not a trendy choice but Kiffin's offensive numbers dont lie.  And it's better than another trendy young  NFL position coach hire which is what we will get with McKay. 

Edited by Refried Beans

16 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Saban let him go becasue he had already taken the job at FAU and was not showing up on time to meetings. So after Kiffin ran late in a pre-game post conference Saban said enough is enough. I think you have to look at the overall pictue of his work, he was awesome at Alabama. And has won everywhere he goes. Like the article I posted above states, his roster at Oakland was terrible and was only given a year before his next opportunity came up.  I like Bieniemy more but he will go fast.  I  like Kiffin because he is seasoned and consistant and still young enough to be here 8 to 10 years. He could bring in Kendall Briles with him and they could light NFL up. I know it's not a trendy choice but Kiffin's offensive numbers dont lie.  And it's better than another trendy young  NFL position coach hire which is what we will get with McKay. 

Saban had already let him know he wasn't coming back that's why he took the job at FAU. Saban has a history of letting guys coach their last game with the team when they are moving on, Smart for example, he had enough of Kiffen. If you can't even keep your commitment to coach in a NCG, what does that say about you as a man?