Why is Dan Quinn still not FIRED?!

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

I don't think I expressed my first post correctly. 

I'm not saying Quinn shouldn't be fired.  He should, obviously.  

What I'm saying is from Arthur Blank's point of view, it won't make a difference as far as this season, because any interim plucked from the current coaching staff will not be the next permanent head coach, and any decent NFL candidate will be occupied through January, so you can't hire him yet anyway.  

I want Quinn's shiny bald head on a plate like the rest of you, but from a NFL ownership perspective, there's just no reason (other than spite or anger) to pull the trigger.  

If he's gone tomorrow, great, but it won't do sh*t towards making this a better team this year.  

This is absolutely not true. Perception and image matter in pro sports. The good PR thing to do is get rid of baldy asap. Every moment that AB hesitates the poison spreads from DQ to everyone else responsible for him still being here. Fans want to know that this kinda crap isn't acceptable. if it is accepted then the fans will find that inacceptable

I absolutely think it needs to be done now rather than later and especially in the offseason.

It gives off the appearance that being a loser/laughing stock is acceptable. to the franchise.  Clearly DQ is not the guy needed to be this team's HC moving forward, there should be no doubt left in anyone's mind about that.  If that's the conclusion, why keep the guy in the building?

Three straight seasons of starting the year in a massive hole.  WTH more does anyone need? 

3 hours ago, octoslash said:

I don't think I expressed my first post correctly. 

I'm not saying Quinn shouldn't be fired.  He should, obviously.  

What I'm saying is from Arthur Blank's point of view, it won't make a difference as far as this season, because any interim plucked from the current coaching staff will not be the next permanent head coach, and any decent NFL candidate will be occupied through January, so you can't hire him yet anyway.  

I want Quinn's shiny bald head on a plate like the rest of you, but from a NFL ownership perspective, there's just no reason (other than spite or anger) to pull the trigger.  

If he's gone tomorrow, great, but it won't do sh*t towards making this a better team this year.  

It gives the players a head start on getting away from quinn. He can stay and he will further the demise of the player's will to be good. Some have already lost that, no sense making it worse. You reading this Arthur? 

DQ could be worse than Bill O'Brien, & Bill O'Brien was fired this week for his horrible decision making & coaching.

It's so pathetic.  Our D wasn't very good before DQ got here, & it got worse instead of better under his tutelage.

Then you look at the lunacy of hiring DK as an offensive mind & I have to give some of this blame to AB.

Keep AB the fk away from these decisions.  We wasted some great players.  

A complete organizational restructure is in order at this point.  In order to clean the slate, TD will probably need to go as well.  

Our organization has EARNED the reputation of being incapable of operating smartly, soundly & professionally.  We're being laughed at & it is nothing short of maddening, exasperating & embarrassing.  Fans don't deserve this torment.

3 hours ago, kschreck said:

I absolutely think it needs to be done now rather than later and especially in the offseason.

It gives off the appearance that being a loser/laughing stock is acceptable. to the franchise.  Clearly DQ is not the guy needed to be this team's HC moving forward, there should be no doubt left in anyone's mind about that.  If that's the conclusion, why keep the guy in the building?

Three straight seasons of starting the year in a massive hole.  WTH more does anyone need? 

Great point and I agree, I think we are already losing potential offseason free agents by the performance that we are showing...

Ask yourself,  "If I were a professional football player would I want to be part of the Atlanta Falcons?"

FML...

9 hours ago, octoslash said:

My OPINION is   "not true"...? 

Do you know what an opinion is? 

"there's just no reason (other than spite or anger) to pull the trigger.  "

This is the statement I was referencing and I stand by my statement. If you think that there is no reason to fire DQ...ok, your opinion. I say there are tons of reasons and no reason to wait