*** Official Falcons Vs Packers In-Game Thread ***

Monoxide

3 hours ago, Trump MAGA said:

The Braves in postseason play. Yippee!¬†ūüôĄ

They are still a Georgia based sports team, so I would suggest preparing yourself for disappointment at some point.  They and UGA certainly have the most positive outlooks at the moment, but you must never underestimate the ability for Georgia based teams to lose somehow in a completely heartbreaking fashion despite all odds.

I mean despite having never even won the division, the Marlins are sitting pretty with two World Series titles vs the Braves 1 title despite how many division wins, World Series appearances, etc since the early 90’s. 

9 hours ago, DealWithIt said:

Lol. Someone is bitter. Packers are far and away the class of the NFC this year. Rodgers is back and their offense is nearly unstoppable. Ring number two is coming in February, guaranteed.

1 post, and that’s what this person chose to use it on. smh...

37 minutes ago, cyberlian said:

They are still a Georgia based sports team, so I would suggest preparing yourself for disappointment at some point.  They and UGA certainly have the most positive outlooks at the moment, but you must never underestimate the ability for Georgia based teams to lose somehow in a completely heartbreaking fashion despite all odds.

I mean despite having never even won the division, the Marlins are sitting pretty with two World Series titles vs the Braves 1 title despite how many division wins, World Series appearances, etc since the early 90’s. 

I was being sarcastic. As in whoop-de-doo!

Last nights loss was the first one of the season that didn't bother me because I've lowered expectations for this team. It's time for the team to go a new direction after this year as I no longer expect them to Win or compete for a SB. I just don't see them at their best being as good as KC, NE, GB, SEA. This team's ceiling is a WC but not a SB Contender and they're not even going to come close to their ceiling for a 3rd straight year.  

Some thoughts from the game.

Players:

I was liking what I seen from #35 Carter out there against the run. Then he had that bad PI/gave up the TD Catch. It's one of those years.

Sheffield looked pretty solid out there. If only he Terrell and Dennard could have been on the field at the same time maybe this season would be a little different.

Ridley is not close to Julio's level but that's not a fair comparison as Julio is HoF. Ridley since Julio injury 18 Targets 5 catches.

Grady Jarrett is a beast.

Foye Olokun looked lost in coverage like everyone else. Kept hoping he could recreate some magic that he had against Dallas but never happened. 

I thought our strength was to stop the sideline to sideline stuff with the supposed speed of the defense. We can't even do that. Rodgers went 20/20 for 241 yards, 4 TDs when targeting his TEs and RBs. Completely embarrassing.

Gurley is not what he once was but he is still a decent power back. Was nice to see him getting some tough yards.

Coaching:

There is way too much miscommunication out there on the defense, and this was the exact same problem we had last year. There is absolutely no way to let that slide for two years in a row. This is a direct reflection of coaching.

Koetter is average at best and has proven all the doubters right.