*** Official Falcons Vs Packers In-Game Thread ***

Monoxide

8 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

lol, guy I've been as critical of Blank as you can be so you're preaching to the choir. I refuse to but Blank in the same category as someone who had brought 3 championships to his franchise thats all.

Moral victories. Like winning the battle, but not the War. Southern history. Per usual. Yet he has zero ties to those men.  Played.  Always played. 

17 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

And a quick note on Rodgers. 

He gets his nuts royally hugged 24/7, but this year marks a decade since the Packers won that SB. Since then, he’s just been a stat machine. That’ll continue this year, guaranteed. 

ESPN hypes him up so much it's sickening.

We stunk it up tonight but the Rodgers praise was out of hand. They act like he walked on water as he sat untouched throwing to a wide open TE most of the night.

He is still a great QB, but the hyperbole is grating. Too bad we didn't give them something else to talk about.

Just now, Run 'n' Shoot said:

ESPN hypes him up so much it's sickening.

We stunk it up tonight but the Rodgers praise was out of hand. They act like he walked on water as he sat untouched throwing to a wide open TE most of the night.

He is still a great QB, but the hyperbole is grating. Too bad we didn't give them something else to talk about.

Dude could have cooked a seven course meal behind his o-line tonight, going against the worst secondary in football. I could have had a decent game out there for Green Bay and part of me actually thinks that's not hyperbole. 

26 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

And a quick note on Rodgers. 

He gets his nuts royally hugged 24/7, but this year marks a decade since the Packers won that SB. Since then, he’s just been a stat machine. That’ll continue this year, guaranteed. 

Lol. Someone is bitter. Packers are far and away the class of the NFC this year. Rodgers is back and their offense is nearly unstoppable. Ring number two is coming in February, guaranteed.

5 minutes ago, FalconMama said:

It's not like we've got Rivera in the pen. None of these other bums on the staff are going the clean it up. Might as well stink and get a good draft pick. Just be sure to fire him before the meaningless, end of year win streak. A bye week firing would be good timing. Unless, they somehow look worse before then.

33 minutes ago, FalconMama said:

The guy the Falcons said wasn't good enough to be OC beat us.  No wonder LaFleur took a shot when the game was won, this was personal for him. 

As it should be.  To be fair though. Ryan is not in the ballpark if Rodgers. Heck Marino in his younger days could run.  Look it up.  The real NFL then chopped him down. At least he had it before then and h never missed deep balls to open receivers. 

5 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

We have combined for a 1-15 record to start the last three seasons. 

And what I hate about letting Quinn ride out the season is this incredible stat: In his time in Atlanta, in the final 4 games of each season, his cumulative record is 16-4. Meaning that after 12 games his cumulative record is 27-33. And includes two playoff seasons. 

Edited by Trump MAGA

11 minutes ago, Trump MAGA said:

And what I hate about letting Quinn ride out the season is this incredible stat: In his time in Atlanta, in the final 4 games of each season, his cumulative record is 16-4. 

A lot of you will hate to admit it, but Smitty is far and away the best coach the Falcons ever had, and second best is not even close. His first five years produced a 56-24 record, an average of 11 wins per season. His last two years of 10-22 in my estimation was a combination of his health issues, the effects of being forced to operate under an “explosive” mandate from an owner who knows nothing about football, when his ground/ball control philosophy was working well, and the after effects of selling the farm to get Julio leaving us with no wiggle room to miss on any of the few good draft picks we had left

The reason we are so disgusted with this team is because of the bar of excellence set by one Mike Smith. We need another man like him to come in and right the ship as he did after the Petrino disaster of 2007.