Texans Fire Bill O’Brien

Look for the Falcons to fire Quinn/TD & hire O’Brien to fill both positions.

Its the Falcons way...

Texans Fire HC/GM Bill O’Brien

October 5th, 2020 at 3:57pm CST • By Andrew Ortenberg

This is breaking news. Please refresh for updates.

Well we certainly didn’t see this one coming. The Texans have fired head coach and general manager Bill O’Brien, Adam Schefter of ESPN.com reports (Twitter link).

The Texans of course are 0-4, but it’s still a pretty shocking development since there hadn’t been any recent reports that O’Brien’s job was in imminent danger. Schefter noted in a follow-up tweet that a source told him Romeo Crennel is the likely interim head coach. O’Brien clearly wasn’t expecting to get canned, as we heard just yesterday that he was taking over offensive play-calling duties and taking a more active role in the game-planning.

The Texans are a trainwreck at the moment, as not only are they winless but they’re also without their first and second-round picks in next year’s draft due to trades O’Brien made.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leave it to the Falcons to even blow a lead in firing their head coach.

I wrote a letter to AB asking him to promote DK to GM just so I could see you freak out.

Artichoke doesn't have the cojones to do that, watch him sign Dairy Queen to an extension based on how we fought tonight. 

• FalconsIn2012 changed the title to Texans Fire Bill O’Brien
Just now, falconsd56 said:

What did him in is the fact that he had pretty much complete control and totally botched the Clowney deal.....as well as others.

This is why coaches should not have complete control.

Agreed..it’s a lot for one man to do.  And he ultimately failed at both outside of drafting a few great players

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

If I was then I’d call Ed Dodds

My buddy is a Texans fan and he said just great we now get Romeo as our interim and he's just as bad lol.  He said you think the Falcons have problems, you have no idea.  I told him we are in the same boat you guys just beat us to the punch.

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

What did him in is the fact that he had pretty much complete control and totally botched the Clowney deal.....as well as others.

This is why coaches should not have complete control.

Clowney? It was this one that sealed his fate:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/the-houston-texans-trade-of-de-andre-hopkins-is-the-worst-trade-of-alltime-215411647.html

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Agreed..it’s a lot for one man to do.  And he ultimately failed at both outside of drafting a few great players

No doubt ...either position is a full time job in and out of itself...much less doing both.

But when you look at the transactions of the Texans under O'brien ...it is not pretty.....not pretty at all.

I get not wanting to pay Clowney....I get that for sure, but that deal should have been done early in off-season and it should have netted the Texans something of value 

8 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

Texans have fired there head coach.  I think they will get the first dibs on Eric B.  Well thats a way to get a head start on the field.  Marcus Spears thinks they should be on the phone with EB right now.

You may be on to something with Bieniemy.  Pair him with Watson and rebuild that offense...

8 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Artichoke doesn't have the cojones to do that, watch him sign Diary Queen to an extension based on how we fought tonight. 

Always an excuse with Blank. After tonight it will be that he can't fire a guy on Tuesday for a short week. Next week it'll be that it's a COVID season. The week after it'll be because Quinn has a tummy ache and he doesn't want to be looked at as the meanie owner who fired a sick coach.