A TDWII Observation: Ryan, not Quinn, is the common denominator for the Falcons tendency to blow big leads...

1 hour ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Show me a great one whose gone 53-63 over a 7 year stretch during the prime of their career.

Any of them that had the pleasure of playing under the complete joke that has been this Coaching staff and Organization as a whole?

Just to jog a memory...  Matt Ryan was going to be the Super Bowl MVP. Should have been the MVP. But alas, he got DQ'd.  He also won a League MVP back during that very short period when he had a truly competent OC.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Defensive rankings for those 3 seasons: 2013: 27th in yards, 27th in points, 32nd in 3rd down conversions, 29th in sacks 2014: 32nd in yards, 27th in points, 32nd in 3rd down conversions (fo

So all you got are 6 games that don't relate in anyway to the current situation?

Go ahead and post the defensive rankings in yards and points for 2013, 2014, and 2015....and prove to us how it’s not on our defensive head coaches defenses...

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

You know what the Saints did after a 21-27 stretch, 3 straight losing seasons with Brees in his prime and a league renowned offensive mind unable to carry them?

They fixed their defense and started having winning records again.

Simple.

We are the 7-9 Saints without a defense OR the offensive mind.

It’s not complicated.

Ryan may not have peaked as long or as high as Brees/Manning/Brady/Rodgers but he was closer than people give him credit for.

In fact, he has had the same; or worse by now, level of Defense Brees endures in his prime yet without an OL/run game/consistency on coaching staff for his side of the ball.

People constantly use the weapons argument to discredit Ryan. No other QBs have weapons? Oh but they aren’t Julio? Well, what’s their offense like beyond the best skill position player? Legit coaching? Funny.

5 minutes ago, B52Dawgs said:

Any of them that had the pleasure of playing under the complete joke that has been this Coaching staff and Organization as a whole?

Just to jog a memory...  Matt Ryan was going to be the Super Bowl MVP. Should have been the MVP. But alas, he got DQ'd.  He also won a League MVP back during that very short period when he had a truly competent OC.

That type of rationale absolves the most important and relevant player on the Falcons - the franchise QB.  It doesn’t matter who he did or didn’t have the pleasure of playing for/with.  It matters that at the end of the day, he’s 53-63 since the NFCCG of 2012.

Those ‘going to be’ things...unfortunately, that ain’t reality as much as we all wish it were.  Winning matters.  How things went down matter.  But he wasn’t SB MVP...we didn’t hold up a Lombardi Trophy.  Imagine being able to tell a Saints fan, we had a Lombardi Trophy while they only had a Lombounty Trophy.  It would have been sublime.  Except we didn’t lose on a technicality...we lost.  Blame it on whomever you’d like...but the stink stuck to everyone involved.  Ryan included.

11 hours ago, niels petersen said:

"Ryan, not Quinn, is the common denominator for the Falcons tendency to blow big leads" is very much an opinon.

Strange, I always thought it was the offense that got you big leads in the first place.

How exactly does an offense “blow a big lead”?  

Team A is up 75 to 0, and the offense of Team A is why team B scored 76 points and Won? How exactly does this work?

Simple:

ENEqw4nXkAEOrCU?format=jpg&name=900x900

We have chosen to keep a HC that was supposed to fix the defense while overturning OC by dart boarding post-Kyle.

100% if Kyle were here or if Ryan was in SF, that’s a much better team. Ryan being marginalized here just like the other players on offense.

At least Kyle can pick a good coordinator on the other side of the ball WHILE doing his PRIMARY function of enabling HIS side of the ball.

The deflection off DQ and just how TERRIBLE the defense has been and how ridiculous hiring Koetter to run Kyle’s system because they wanted Kubiak but missed...is missing the actual problem.

Get a competent FO and HC that actually enable its players.

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

Strange, I always thought it was the offense that got you big leads in the first place.

How exactly does an offense “blow a big lead”?  

Team A is up 75 to 0, and the offense of Team A is why team B scored 76 points and Won? How exactly does this work?

You mean the defense gave up zero points while we got that lead?  And then the offense scored 0 points when we lost it?

See how you gave ALL the credit to the offense for the lead and ALL the blame to the defense for losing it?

Just now, TheDirtyWordII said:

You mean the defense gave up zero points while we got that lead?  And then the offense scored 0 points when we lost it?

See how you gave ALL the credit to the offense for the lead and ALL the blame to the defense for losing it?

He is just showing you a mirror.

You should thank him, really.

23 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

That type of rationale absolves the most important and relevant player on the Falcons - the franchise QB.  It doesn’t matter who he did or didn’t have the pleasure of playing for/with.  It matters that at the end of the day, he’s 53-63 since the NFCCG of 2012.

Those ‘going to be’ things...unfortunately, that ain’t reality as much as we all wish it were.  Winning matters.  How things went down matter.  But he wasn’t SB MVP...we didn’t hold up a Lombardi Trophy.  Imagine being able to tell a Saints fan, we had a Lombardi Trophy while they only had a Lombounty Trophy.  It would have been sublime.  Except we didn’t lose on a technicality...we lost.  Blame it on whomever you’d like...but the stink stuck to everyone involved.  Ryan included.

I didn't say ANYTHING about absolving Ryan. Didn't imply it. He's had some failures at key times. He has also delivered at key times. More of the latter when it was actually up to him. Ryan doesn't play defense, or ST, or run the team or organization or draft, etc. 

Am I happy with Ryan? Nope. Would I replace him? Yes. But not because he is the "most common denominator" in the ongoing failure of the Falcons team and being 53-63 in that span you have chosen.

By your logic method I could argue that Marino was average at best because he never won a Super Bowl. Heck, he only played in one.

As has been said, you usually have good content. Often very good, but this one is quite an erroneous stretch.  Unless you're really Dan Quinn....  that would explain it!

47 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

So what you are saying is the QB that scored 75 points in that case, then gave up 76 points to the other teams offense and blew the big lead. 

Ok, makes sense.....to you anyway. You seem to forget there is a something called a defense. But that’s cool, the rest of us will allow that to be part of our calculus.

12 minutes ago, gazoo said:

So what you are saying is the QB that scored 75 points in that case, then gave up 76 points to the other teams offense and blew the big lead. 

Ok, makes sense.....to you anyway. You seem to forget there is a something called a defense. But that’s cool, the rest of us will allow that to be part of our calculus.

The consequences of culpability for a team failure extend to everyone but Ryan...that’s my overall point.  Not just here, but with the Falcons if a rebuild is undertaken with him in the same position within the franchise he’s always been.

Smith - fired
Koetter - fired
Quinn - fired soon
Sark - fired
Manuel - fired
Koetter (again) - fired soon
Dimtroff - fired soon
The Most Important Player Who Has Led The Falcons to a 53-63 Record Since 2013 - Lets rebuild around him...again!

Only delusional Matt Ryan fans believe he played no role in this teams failures over the yrs. How do I know? Because I was once one of them! But not anymore. Looking back, I see how Matt helped the team but I also can admit that he didn’t come through in the big moments and played his part in any failures or collapses. 

Say what you want but the truth is the truth! 

18 minutes ago, treboyplay said:

Only delusional Matt Ryan fans believe he played no role in this teams failures over the yrs. How do I know? Because I was once one of them! But not anymore. Looking back, I see how Matt helped the team but I also can admit that he didn’t come through in the big moments and played his part in any failures or collapses. 

Yes he had his part in some of the losses but no one is saying he didnt. WE are just saying quit putting ALL the blame on him. FFS 

25 minutes ago, treboyplay said:

Ryan certainly wasn’t great in the 2nd half of most of these collapses, but on the whole he did enough to deserve a win in most of those games:

1. 2012 Seattle: scores 30 points
  2. 2012 49ers: threw for 400 yards and HD fell over himself costing us a win
  3. SB 51: 28-3 is a win 99.9% of time
  4. Cowboys: 39 points is a win 99.9% of time
  5. Bears: 26-10 is a win 99.4% of time

This is about too stupid of a post.  M Ryan is the last one to blame for blowing leads.  Maybe OP is seeing something that I'm not,  but M Ryan is not on defense and giving up these big leads to the other team.  M Ryan is getting these big leads, only for the defense to give it up.  

51 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

This is about too stupid of a post.  M Ryan is the last one to blame for blowing leads.  Maybe OP is seeing something that I'm not,  but M Ryan is not on defense and giving up these big leads to the other team.  M Ryan is getting these big leads, only for the defense to give it up.  

How can you ‘get a big lead’ without the defense doing their job to the same degree as the offense?

If you jump out to a 21-0 lead, isn’t the defense equally responsible?

25 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

So he should not get blame ??