#14 Tennessee vs #3 Georgia Thread

Another week in this shortened season, another rivalry matchup.

This week we have the Vols and their 47 year old QB Jarrett Guarantano coming into Athens to play the Dawgs between the hedges.

I think this one should be a fun game. Hard to see the Dawgs losing this one, but crazier things have happened so we'll see!

Go Dawgs

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Congratulations guys! Saying that Georgia's Defense is legit is an understatement. Their Offense is really good too. Hopefully anyone who got hurt gets fully recovered quickly. It'll be interesti

Good game boys!

He's a special player. I think Milton is going to be special as well, that kid is just built different. Zeus had some of the best RB high school film I've ever seen. He's had 2 major knee injurie

Posted Images

2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

I think the key will be does our team bus show up or not. 

It's football so there is always a chance...but, no, seriously there is next to no chance we lose this game. 

I tend to agree but if our DL doesn’t show up we could be in for a game. This is a game we should win and win by multiple scores but we have to come to play like you said

This game scares the **** out of me for one simple reason, it's sandwiched between Auburn and Alabama. Dont get me wrong, Tennessee is a rival, but we've been thrashing them lately, and I'm pretty sure Gus Malzon is Kirbys favorite whipping boy. 

And we've all had Alabama circled since the schedule came out. 

We should win going away....but I said that about SCAR last year too. 

1 hour ago, theDIRTYcode said:

This game scares the **** out of me for one simple reason, it's sandwiched between Auburn and Alabama. Dont get me wrong, Tennessee is a rival, but we've been thrashing them lately, and I'm pretty sure Gus Malzon is Kirbys favorite whipping boy. 

And we've all had Alabama circled since the schedule came out. 

We should win going away....but I said that about SCAR last year too. 

If we stay away from the turnover bug in any game this year, we will either be in it or win it. This defense simply isn’t going to give up much as long as they aren’t put in bad situations (USCjr last year). 

Haven't heard anything about Bennett being questionable. I think Bulldog Bob said he'll be fine. Insiders often carry the party line though since Kirby took over. Hopefully Stetson will be fine.

For any of yall hoping to see JT Daniels, I wouldn't expect to see him get meaningful game time anytime soon. He's working almost exclusively with the scout team. From what I understand he hasn't had any reps with the 1s or 2s this week or last week. He's struggling to get up to speed, which is also supported by the fact he led all QBs in interceptions thrown during scrimmages. (This was also a problem for him at USC fwiw)

I'm expecting a beatdown of epic proportions, unless the weather gets real sloppy(and it may) then it will come down to in the trenches. It's close till the 4th quarter and the Dawgs win by 17.

and I agree no injuries.

BTW Im enjoying the **** out of nothing but SEC vs SEC games, and just the games within each conference in general. Each week there is a bevy of games that are interesting. 

Some quick pregame updates for UGA:

• James Cook and Jermaine Johnson both said to be questionable for today, but both are dressed out and warming up.
  • TE Tre McKitty is expected to be good to go today
  • QBs working out: QB1 is Bennett, QB2 is Mathis, QB3 is Daniels
  • Bennett does not have any wrap on his hand and it does not appear to be an issue in pregame

Courtesy of Dasher at UGASports