In a Coaching Contest who wins? Mora, Smitty, Quinn, or Petrino

18 hours ago, TheShadow said:

Hands down Smitty. He took us out a **** hole in 2008 and keep on winning.  he wasnt great but he was very good at fundamental NFL football. His downfall was  a bad GM,  TD.  Not much help and probably turn on him when things went bad. Remember the team  loved him too, but still got fired.  Interesting!

Yepper!

TD was able to make him the scapegoat, indeed!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know who would win, but that is a garbage list. I would give Quinn a slight lead, but he would just blow it anyway. 

Quitrino was the best schematically (at least in college), but was the worst human being. It is a bad list. Who wouldn't take Dan Reeves over ever one of them?

Smith was hardly garbage, he was a good (but not great) head coach. Quinn and Mora were mediocre, Petrino was a classless clown. 

Atlanta was a smart football team when Smith was at the helm. Not a great coach by any means but solid enough to rank 1st in that list. Quinn is the worst coach I've ever seen. Imagine the guys record with a QB who posted just average passing yards. 

1. Pre Super Bowl Quinn

2. Smitty

3. Post Super Bowl Quinn

4. Mora

5. Petrino 

Let’s not kid ourselves. Quinn was a top 10 coach the season we went to the Super Bowl. He assembled an all star coaching staff and let them do their thing. Let’s not forget that Shannahan was respected but he wasn’t a slam dunk hire like he is thought of now. Give Quinn credit for seeing his coaching ability. Our defense was humming in the playoffs and shut down Rodgers and Wilson. Made Brady uncomfortable for 3 quarters. I think the Super Bowl ruined him and he needs to start over.

Smitty was the perfect coach after Petrino. Really built a great foundation after years of sucking. We were never the most talented but we were a team that never beat ourselves. We were consistently a very good team.

Mora was a glorified cheerleader and Petrino is scum.

I think Smitty is the best of them all by far and its interesting how as time passes he is becoming probably the favorite falcon coach of all time.

Mora deserves the scorn, but it had to be really difficult to trying to play with a QB who wouldnt prepare. Knowing that football is first and foremost a team game, his teams did really well in a tough NFC South.

And really there was no recourse for Mora, it was Vicks owner, it was Vicks GM, it was Vicks city, it was Vicks NFL.

12 minutes ago, RetroRoq said:

I think Smitty is the best of them all by far and its interesting how as time passes he is becoming probably the favorite falcon coach of all time.

Mora deserves the scorn, but it had to be really difficult to trying to play with a QB who wouldnt prepare. Knowing that football is first and foremost a team game, his teams did really well in a tough NFC South.

And really there was no recourse for Mora, it was Vicks owner, it was Vicks GM, it was Vicks city, it was Vicks NFL.

Mora should have cracked the whip on Vick.

He was too chummy with his players as a whole.

On 10/2/2020 at 4:51 PM, Vandy said:

Hardly. Reeves didn’t have two HOFers healthy and in their primes on any of his Atlanta teams. 

Oh your're right, lets see how he did before atlanta while in NY...oh , oh no, he drove that franchise into the ground by going from an 11 win team to a 5 win team...Yeah no, Reeves was bad bad.

4 hours ago, runshoot said:

Oh your're right, lets see how he did before atlanta while in NY...oh , oh no, he drove that franchise into the ground by going from an 11 win team to a 5 win team...Yeah no, Reeves was bad bad.

Wrong again. Reeves actually took a giants team that was 6-10 the year before and led them to 11-5 his first year as their HC.  Won AP Coach of Year.

https://www.giants.com/video/season-recap-1993-new-york-giants-dan-reeves-phil-simms