In a Coaching Contest who wins? Mora, Smitty, Quinn, or Petrino

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know who would win, but that is a garbage list. I would give Quinn a slight lead, but he would just blow it anyway. 

Quitrino was the best schematically (at least in college), but was the worst human being. It is a bad list. Who wouldn't take Dan Reeves over ever one of them?

Smith was hardly garbage, he was a good (but not great) head coach. Quinn and Mora were mediocre, Petrino was a classless clown. 

If you want to win one game...I'll take Quinn to whip them into a short term frenzy. Remember how the came out and just jumped the Packers, Seahawks, and Patriots right out of the starting blocks in the 2016 post season? 

If you want to make the playoffs, I'll take Smitty to get a consistent effort over time. Mora overthinks things in my opinion. The other guy is just a bad human being :( who wanted nothing to do with players he couldn't bully. 

4 hours ago, McSpanker said:

Smith. His downfall were terrible coordinators and a lack of motivation towards the end. But those first five years, you knew every week the Falcons had a chance. God.... it used to be fun watching football. 

The best coordinator Smitty ever had was Koetter,and we still won a bunch more games despite Ryan still not hitting his prime. 

8 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

If all of the coaches hired in the 20 years since Rich McKay has been here had to coach against each other who would win? In single game elimination?  I say Smitty beats Mora, Mora beats Quinn, and Quinn beats Petrino.  

Smitty, although I hated how conservative he got at the wrong times.  Quinn next.  I know some are calling Quinn a clown, but Mora was the real clown.  Petrino was a bad coach, bad person, bad influence, bad husband, .....Oh what the ****, Petrino is bad at everything.

Dan Reeves was a good coach until his heart attack. 

Smitty is the best coach we’ve ever had. Unlucky combination of 1) core vets aging out all at once, 2) injuries 3) bad coordinators (to the extent not his fault) and 4) not enough risk-taking to attempt to compensate for the above 1-3 (which worked fine with decent rosters) ended his tenure. He took a team that was total dog**** and a league-wide joke into a respectable winner. Teams were well-disciplined, professional, and reasonably clutch.

Quinn has had some of the better rosters in franchise history, rode KS to a Super Bowl berth, imploded, and hasn’t recovered. Teams have been high-powered offensively (but that’s not his doing), defensively calamitous, undisciplined, and the biggest chokers in league history — now a bigger joke than the morass from which Smitty pulled them. Mora was fine. **** Petrino.

58 minutes ago, Borat said:

Smitty is the best coach we’ve ever had. Unlucky combination of 1) core vets aging out all at once, 2) injuries 3) bad coordinators (to the extent not his fault) and 4) not enough risk-taking to attempt to compensate for the above 1-3 (which worked fine with decent rosters) ended his tenure. He took a team that was total dog**** and a league-wide joke into a respectable winner. Teams were well-disciplined, professional, and reasonably clutch.

Quinn has had some of the better rosters in franchise history, rode KS to a Super Bowl berth, imploded, and hasn’t recovered. Teams have been high-powered offensively (but that’s not his doing), defensively calamitous, undisciplined, and the biggest chokers in league history — now a bigger joke than the morass from which Smitty pulled them. Mora was fine. **** Petrino.

Reeves and Smitty are clearly the two best coaches in team history. The two bad Smitty years after 2012 we had a dreadful roster with Julio missing an entire season, TG retiring, Michael Turner essentially retiring, Roddy falling off a historically bad o-line and no talent at all on defense. Yes, his game management decisions were poor those years, but by God, nothing, I mean NOTHING that can even compare to the massive bone headed game management blunders that we have gotten time and again from Quinn since his very first season with the team.