In a Coaching Contest who wins? Mora, Smitty, Quinn, or Petrino

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know who would win, but that is a garbage list. I would give Quinn a slight lead, but he would just blow it anyway. 

Quitrino was the best schematically (at least in college), but was the worst human being. It is a bad list. Who wouldn't take Dan Reeves over ever one of them?

Smith was hardly garbage, he was a good (but not great) head coach. Quinn and Mora were mediocre, Petrino was a classless clown. 

37 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

If all of the coaches hired in the 20 years since Rich McKay has been here had to coach against each other who would win? In single game elimination?  I say Smitty beats Mora, Mora beats Quinn, and Quinn beats Petrino.  

We all know 4 turds stinks...but which one smells better?

Hands down Smitty. He took us out a **** hole in 2008 and keep on winning.  he wasnt great but he was very good at fundamental NFL football. His downfall was  a bad GM,  TD.  Not much help and probably turn on him when things went bad. Remember the team  loved him too, but still got fired.  Interesting!

4 minutes ago, TheShadow said:

Hands down Smitty. He took us out a **** hole in 2008 and keep on winning.  he wasnt great but he was very good at fundamental NFL football. His downfall was  a bad GM,  TD.  Not much help and probably turn on him when things went bad. Remember the team  loved him too, but still got fired.  Interesting!

I agree that TD threw him under the bus.  

The whole "Hard Knocks" clip of him talking to the team about "Everybody says the Falcons are soft" was a bad look as well.

1 hour ago, Tmodel66 said:

Quitrino was the best schematically (at least in college), but was the worst human being.

It is a bad list.

Who wouldn't take Dan Reeves over ever one of them?

I think Reeves loses to all of them. He was 2-5 here with a 3 win, 4 win and 5 win seasons. Like horrible bad bad. Makes Quinn look good.

1 hour ago, nomak said:

2 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

I don't know who would win, but that is a garbage list. I would give Quinn a slight lead, but he would just blow it anyway. 

Smith was hardly garbage, he was a good (but not great) head coach. Quinn and Mora were mediocre, Petrino was a classless clown. 

1 hour ago, nomak said:

the turd on top of the pile is still a turd, sooo

but for OP, I am going to go with Smitty all the way for the win. He wouldn't allow it to get to 'run 3 times and kick a field goal' and then not do it, Petrino would leave a note on the bench and sneak out sometime towards the beginning of the 4th quarter, Quinn couldn't put enough defense on the field to stop the other side, even if it was like a scrimmage game and he had the first string QB playing the ones lower down the list, and Mora would just stand on the sidelines and tell his best player 'if the play don't look like it's going to work, just run with it'

Smitty for the win

41 minutes ago, runshoot said:

I think Reeves loses to all of them. He was 2-5 here with a 3 win, 4 win and 5 win seasons. Like horrible bad bad. Makes Quinn look good.

Reeves was a dam good coach. Took three different teams to the playoffs. Four if you include his assistant coaching days in DAL. His biggest issue here was not having a sufficient back up for Vick or Jam. That cost him two or three seasons.

1 hour ago, runshoot said:

Reeves should have been put in the Ring of Honor for taking this horrible franchise at the time to the Super Bowl. If I had the power, and we were in the right country, I would have knighted him! 😄