October 2020 Recruiting Thread

Ransack

16 hours ago, 007dawg said:

Good news, we are getting cb picks for TID.  Bad news, possibly, we just got a cb pick for a 3 star safety from Mississippi.  Rusty at 247 apparently thinks we trail Floriduh for Arnold.   If we lose Arnold, we probably lose Sorey also.   What do you guys hear?

https://247sports.com/Player/Elijah-Sabbatini-46101666/

SoFl Dawg said yesterday we are getting SOREY and ARNOLD.     He did say Arnold would take his recruitment up to December but he would be a Dawg.

No. 1-ranked 2022 five-star QB Quinn Ewers decommits from Texas

Southlake Carroll five-star quarterback Quinn Ewers, the No. 1-ranked 2022 quarterback prospect in the 247Sports Composite and the No. 1-ranked prospect in the Top247 for 2022, decommitted from Texas on Wednesday.

https://247sports.com/Article/Quinn-Ewers-decommits-from-Texas-Longhorns-153798846/

Somebody get Kirby on the phone!

1 hour ago, iDash said:

No. 1-ranked 2022 five-star QB Quinn Ewers decommits from Texas

Southlake Carroll five-star quarterback Quinn Ewers, the No. 1-ranked 2022 quarterback prospect in the 247Sports Composite and the No. 1-ranked prospect in the Top247 for 2022, decommitted from Texas on Wednesday.

https://247sports.com/Article/Quinn-Ewers-decommits-from-Texas-Longhorns-153798846/

Somebody get Kirby on the phone!

All Ohio State

SicEmDawgs
Posted on 22 mins, , , User Post Count: 0
  • 22 mins

A buddy of mine who coached at Gaffney and is now in administration with a rival school gave me this on TID. Keep in mind this guy is not prone to hyperbole and is a huge Clemson fan.
Said that he is legit. Has great hips and can move. Said that he can be lazy like alot of kids but that will get corrected in college. When he decides to play nobody could block him. Way better than the kid from Hanna 2 years ago (referring to 5 star Zack Pickens) .

Just thought I would share. This guy won a couple of state titles as a DC for Gaffney so I trust his opinion. He has moved on to administration at a rival school. Gaffney for those in Georgia is in the highest classification. Similar to what Jordan Davis played in NC or what a Brookwood would be in down here.

42 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:
SicEmDawgs
Posted on 22 mins, , , User Post Count: 0
  • 22 mins

A buddy of mine who coached at Gaffney and is now in administration with a rival school gave me this on TID. Keep in mind this guy is not prone to hyperbole and is a huge Clemson fan.
Said that he is legit. Has great hips and can move. Said that he can be lazy like alot of kids but that will get corrected in college. When he decides to play nobody could block him. Way better than the kid from Hanna 2 years ago (referring to 5 star Zack Pickens) .

Just thought I would share. This guy won a couple of state titles as a DC for Gaffney so I trust his opinion. He has moved on to administration at a rival school. Gaffney for those in Georgia is in the highest classification. Similar to what Jordan Davis played in NC or what a Brookwood would be in down here.

There’s a reason a lot of the big boys were after this kid. He is Jordan Davis’ replacement. Imo his recruiting ranking is too low, looks like a top 200 guy on film 

Little midnight update from SoFl yesterday (10/30):

Little late night update…

Brian Thomas is a long shot for us.  We trail, and although he does want to visit UGA, it doesn’t appear he’s going to do that on his own dime.  We’ll see if that changes.

Amari Daniels is a take.  The reality is that while a take, he’s not being prioritized the way he is by TAMU.  Our speculation is that staff wants him to wait longer.  Isn’t going to happen.  Expect Coley to win this one.

Donovan Edwards is a priority.  We’ll stay in the fight here and I have been told staff spoke to him twice this week.

Malik McClain feels like the most realistic flip opportunity.  Let’s see if this is the case this time next month.  Hearing this is about the size and speed combo.

Byron Young is a take.  Foreman remains priority and staff speaks to Foreman daily Im told.  Still UGA vs. LSU here.  We need to get these guys back on campus and that was always part of the success equation.  Expect late November for that.

Still expecting to see some offensive target movement late this cycle.