Justin Fields or Trevor Lawrence ?

23 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

Would rather grab Micah Parsons and get one of the QBs in next draft.

1. Kedon Slovis, USC

2. Dorian Thompson Robinson, UCLA

3. Sam Howell, UNC

No safeties this year has me super excited except for a few upside guys. I really like Lecounte but he needs to work on man coverage.

To have a chance at the top QBs, you have to be drafting high again. If we improved, we'd be out of range for them.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trey Lance

Neither.   I'd trade this 1st overall pick for 11 picks and replace our entire starting defense.

4 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Man, Parsons and Debo would be sick! Foye looking good too.

may need to pick top 5 for MP though, unless he drops due to being an off ball LB. he can do it all though, best defender in this draft.

Parsons is such a rare talent. Far and away the best defensive player in the draft. Will absolutely need a top 5 pick, but considering our current situation, I think it’s very possible.

16 minutes ago, hjerry said:

To have a chance at the top QBs, you have to be drafting high again. If we improved, we'd be out of range for them.

Yes, if we improve, but it feels like we are past our window unfortunately.

For 2022, a guy like Dorian Thompson Robinson could make it to the 10th-15th pick and sit for a year or two behind Ryan. He still has a lot to improve but he’s got major upside.

54 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

1. Kedon Slovis, USC

3. Sam Howell, UNC

No safeties this year has me super excited except for a few upside guys. I really like Lecounte but he needs to work on man coverage.

I'm excited to see Slovis this next year. He's got a lot of upside and I don't think people realize just how good he was last year as a true freshman. He's not a runner though so people around here won't like that though. Same thing with Howell, but I like what I've seen from him. Being able to run as a QB is overrated anyway. 

But I like this list a lot. DTR's TD/INT and completion % worries me, but I've always heard he has talent. 

2 hours ago, A-TowN.- said:

1. Kedon Slovis, USC

3. Sam Howell, UNC

Parsons is who I want with our 1st round pick too. BPA on defense easy, and he'd be that leader we so badly need. Won't tolerate the BS we've been seeing, that's for sure. Favorite LB to come out of the draft in a while (if nothing changes).

Trey Lance outta NDSU if not. Wait til the 2023 draft and bring in Spencer Rattler from OU. Kid has Mahomes and Murray written all over him. This is all in hoping we bring in an offensive minded coach that can utilize their kind of talent.

Edit: Living in AZ I got the opportunity to see Rattler play a few times for Pinnacle HS and the kid has an extremely high ceiling.

Edited by Jemorris21
Added something
9 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

Why even talk about this? Quinn won’t be fired anytime soon because they will end up winning 6-7 meaningless games and not be in position to draft high. And you know I’m right. 

disagree.    Blank "took a chance" last year giving Quinn a do-over - and Quinn rewarded Blank with this.

Blank is a billionaire - he isn't stupid.    

So.....um yeah - you're wrong.

I don't know when Quinn will be fired - but he will be fired at some point - he won't be the head coach in 2021 of the Atlanta Falcons.

Purely who is the better prospect for QB - Trevor Lawrence has seen a lot more schemes and pressure at Clemson as a long term starter than Fields or Lance.  Not saying either of the other 2 can’t ever do it - but Trevor has proven himself.  And I can say you don’t see the same scheme sophistication at ND as vs Alabama etc.

Should Atlanta get any 1st rd QB in 2021?  I think Ryan has more years in him - A pocket QB skills are viable longer than mobile QBs that lose mobility. Tom Brady, Brees, even Brett Favre can still throw with age.  

My opinion - a high 1st round  pick is better used elsewhere - I’d say on defense - for the Falcons in 2021.

Whoever it is, the Falcons are most likely going to have an opportunity to get a great mobile QB. Fields, Lawrence or Lance are 3 great options. I would be happy with any of them. For me, if they can trade down and still land any of them, would be the best option.

I hate it when the Falcons trade up. Especially when they over value a player.