Notes 9/29 - Sheffield Listed As Starting CB

I think that Quinn and Shanahan had a tenuous relationship. I also believe that Raheem Morris was moved to offense to keep an eye on Shanahan, as Quinn and Shanahan likely had poor communication. The offense was on Shanahan Island, and Quinn didn't want a guy like Lafluer to continue operating that way.

It's a pride problem.

2 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Jeff Ulbrich is in too deep, too close to the situation to say anything worth me believing.  I know, what is he supposed to say, but I can't help but thinking that he can't truly believe the BS that he is spewing right now. "Times like these we want to play the best!" 😄

Right, It isn’t like he’s going to say, “I think we’re all a bunch of scared little ******.”

2 minutes ago, djbrough said:

I think that Quinn and Shanahan had a tenuous relationship. I also believe that Raheem Morris was moved to offense to keep an eye on Shanahan, as Quinn and Shanahan likely had poor communication. The offense was on Shanahan Island, and Quinn didn't want a guy like Lafluer to continue operating that way.

It's a pride problem.

Possible. But that would be more Shanny in booth on game days.

I could understand if Quinn didn’t bring in Sark a year in advance and it be an emotional “reaction” to the SB and being bitter over giving Kyle too much leash.

End of the day, if you want to run the SAME offense you go with the most qualified guy and BE the Head Coach and MANAGE the strategy when necessary.

Simple. No pride to it. Just passion for knowing what to do and when to do it.

1 minute ago, NWFALCON said:

They’re going to run it down our throats. 

That I am not worried about.

The run defense has been really good.

Outside of the busted coverage by the falcons on the trubisky run, the bears did not do on the ground.

We did a pretty good job vs Elliott

And we strait up punked the hawks Oline when it came to runnning.

If the Packers try to run it down our throats then they are setting themselves up for big disappointment..... especially if we go into the game mostly healthy upfront.

44 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Outside of the busted coverage by the falcons on the trubisky run, the bears did not do on the ground.

If the Packers try to run it down our throats then they are setting themselves up for big disappointment..... especially if we go into the game mostly healthy upfront.

Seattle’s offensive line isn’t very good. Dallas was missing starters. Our game plan will overcompensate for a crappy secondary and the stretch will be there. 

6 hours ago, Jpg428gggg said:

I can't help but feel like the front office drove the decision to not give Lafleur a shot. Quinn for all his faults seems like someone who really believes in his people.  I saw Lafleur on the sidelines interacting with the players and you could see the respect the players had for him. Bringing in Sark sounds like  something someone in the FO came up with...

How you come up with this? He loves his players but he will fire coaches willy nilly. How Marquand Manuel got fired after 1 injury plagued season after a solid 2017 speaks volumes.

2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

A lot of TATF is counting on Sheff, a second year player with very limited playtime and no playtime this year, to be the savior of the secondary. Laughable. Everyone's gonna turn on him just like Oliver the second he gets burned.

Yeah it wont matter if rogers has all day to throw.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Is Grady playing? He was hurt for the rest of the 4th last Sunday? 

Just now, falconsd56 said:

No clue....too early to know

Our Dline didn't look good after he left is what I was implying. If Grady can't go, I can see them being able to run down our throats. 

I really wish we could have traded for Calais Campbell instead of Hurst. Kotter barely uses him. 

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It was DQ.

Here are the facts:

Dan brought Sark in before the 2016 season. He watched practiced and Dan was building a plan B then.

Sark is a tie to Pete Carroll.

Quinn felt comfortable with a Carroll and Saban endorsed guy to copy Kyle; despite Sark’s recent unstable troubles in college ranks, than going with someone from the coaching tree itself.

IMO:

When Dan had to appease the FO after 2018 regressed with “his” guy, he fired Sark and Manuel. Koetter/Mularky “joint” OC hire was a FO decision after Kubiak was blocked from interviewing. He would be the DC. It was gonna get fixed.

1-7 later...

Thanks for the info. Didn’t realize they brought in Sark in 2016. This makes sense.

12 hours ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Yeah, I am with you. I wish there was a way to keep TD. He has gathered a lot of talent in his time at Atlanta. Year after year we are recognized as one of most talented teams.

I just think we have an issue at the very top or the leadership structure. We keep bringing in good coaches but the results are the same. Quinn, Ulbrich, Morris, and Whitt are all great defensive coaches but we continue to have the same issues. It just makes me believe something is going on in the front office.

Him and DQ are directly responsible for making these off season decisions they haven’t worked out.Everyone has a shelf life and while I have backed TD before if DQ goes they both go because of these off season debarcle that have shaped and effected this team.

10 hours ago, djbrough said:

It's a pride problem.

How can there be a pride problem when your winning.That makes zero sense to me.I had enough sense to team up with you in 15 we saw what we were in 16.If pride got in the way it’s the stupidest thing ever as look where the offense and team are now.

I don’t think the FO can force anything on the coach unless it comes from AB himself.If TD has acted like that and made those hiring decisions for DQ gone and without a second thought that’s just not how a collaborative environment should work.