• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

alright so the team gave him the "Mailman" nickname

GO DAWGS! Please beat Auburn!

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Carter said:

I think the offense can build around the consistency and energy Bennett brings. He's limited. He just is. But he has that swagger about him that I think the offense will feed off of and we have so many amazing weapons around him that efficiency should be more than enough.

Bennett has the feel of Hurst for Bama in 2017.  Solid but limited.  With the defense supporting, good enough to win 9 of 10 games.  But against Bama he may not offer enough, just like Hurst could not beat us in NCG. 

I still think Daniels with a few more weeks to recover is our best option...but we likely will never know.

Going into that 2nd half, I was worried this would be yet another Ga sports team collapse. Falcons have Given me PTSD. But the collapse never happened. Hopefully, that's a sign that we've got that monkey off our back. Hopefully, DQ watched that game and took notes. 

23 minutes ago, sdogg said:

Going into that 2nd half, I was worried this would be yet another Ga sports team collapse. Falcons have Given me PTSD. But the collapse never happened. Hopefully, that's a sign that we've got that monkey off our back. Hopefully, DQ watched that game and took notes. 

Haha. I agree man. I was on edge, couldn't relax. Then at the end of the game... I remembered this was a Kirby Smart coached team. Total domination. Get the lead, play defense and most importantly grind out the clock to keep the defense fresh and impose their will. I love it.

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Bennett has the feel of Hurst for Bama in 2017.  Solid but limited.  With the defense supporting, good enough to win 9 of 10 games.  But against Bama he may not offer enough, just like Hurst could not beat us in NCG. 

I still think Daniels with a few more weeks to recover is our best option...but we likely will never know.

Jalen HURTS. 

1 hour ago, sirlot said:

Haha. I agree man. I was on edge, couldn't relax. Then at the end of the game... I remembered this was a Kirby Smart coached team. Total domination. Get the lead, play defense and most importantly grind out the clock to keep the defense fresh and impose their will. I love it.

Old fashion football still works provided you  have the defense for it. Georgia certainly does. 

10 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:
Jake Rowe
Posted on 26 mins, , , User Post Count: 0
  • 26 mins

Okay, so Bennett was 17 of 28 for 240 yards and a touchdown overall. That's a solid 8.6 yards per attempt. 

On 3rd Down? 

8 of 11 for 111 yards. That's an excellent 10.1 yards per attempt.

He's been exceptional up to this point and has the scrambling ability that Fromm could only dream about. If Stetson were 5 inches taller, he'd be taken more seriously.

3 hours ago, Black Francis said:

Old fashion football still works provided you  have the defense for it. Georgia certainly does. 

Yeah..and the lead helps. Let's see what happens IF they play from behind against an elite offense.

I think it was similar with Fromm vs  Fields. Fromm was mentally in control and correctly orchestrated 10 other guys most plays and the offense produced.

Fields (and D’wan Mathis) are superior individual athletes - but who needed more practice and polish to run the offense effectively.  I think D’wan will be great once the game slows down for him, but he may have to sit a year or two and learn.

42 minutes ago, JC Falcon said:

I think it was similar with Fromm vs  Fields. Fromm was mentally in control and correctly orchestrated 10 other guys most plays and the offense produced.

Fields (and D’wan Mathis) are superior individual athletes - but who needed more practice and polish to run the offense effectively.  I think D’wan will be great once the game slows down for him, but he may have to sit a year or two and learn.

Bennett definitely has the benefit of experience on his side, but I don't think it's fair to any of them to compare this to Fromm/Fields. Bennett is in his 3rd year with the team and 4th year playing college ball. Mathis had brain surgery last year and couldn't participate in anything until this offseason. He looked bad last week, but the offense as a unit played very poorly against Arkansas even after Bennett came in, though they did improve some in the 2nd half. Blame should go around to everyone, not just Mathis.

Thankfully the offense looked a lot better against Auburn. These guys just need some time for everything to start clicking. Chemistry and consistency matters a lot and I think Bennett brings that at a higher level than anyone else right now. The offense is limited with him, but as long as he is getting the ball where it needs to be and not turning it over we're cooking with peanut oil.

Tennessee has some very good pass rushers and we also have Bama coming up in 2 weeks. Gonna be interesting to see how this offense progresses.

I think the fact that Bennett's physical ability somewhat limits the offense will keep the other QBs in the mix. 

10 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

That Bama game is going to let us know where this team stands imo. Bama's offense is outstanding and their defense is a shadow of its former strength, but they can play great at times. They have the unique distinction of matching or surpassing our level of talent across the field. So I think offensive weaknesses are much more likely to show in that game.

Our defense looks great, but I'm telling yall man I think DJ Daniel is a liability against upper tier WRs. That man stays getting burnt and we've been lucky imo that more throws haven't gone his way. He would have given up a touchdown if the Auburn receiver hauled in the catch... he was in no position at all to defend the play.

As far as JT Daniels goes, we'll see. I wish everyone had taken that approach with him from the start instead of pumping him up after Newman opted out. He went from scaring away a 5th year QB on all the national watch lists to not starting over a former walkon or even coming in for mop up duty. People need to chill on him imo, he has a lot of progress to make before he will be ready to help this team. But I do agree to the extent that he probably offers the most upside in the long run, although I am very high on Mathis and Beck potential still.

15 hours ago, sirlot said:

Yeah..and the lead helps. Let's see what happens IF they play from behind against an elite offense.

Well we won't be facing an elite defense so the question is can their defense slow us down?  Our defense is elite and I take an efficient offense and an elite defense against anybody on our schedule..  now does that guarantee a win obviously it doesn't since turnovers are a big part of it.  Also one thing we are also doing is playing terrific special teams.  Cochran's affect on that area is showing.  Concerned though at kicker.