Jump to content

Blank + TD = No Lombardi, EVER


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Why the **** we hating on Blank? That man bleeds Atlanta, hes practically the God Father of this entire city. I have no doubt he would spend his entire wealth if it meant we could be champions. No....doubt.

Is he loyal to a fault, yes. But dont sit here and act like Blank is a problem. That ************** is one of us, and he would give his left nut and then some to see us win....and he'd spend his own money cutting it off.

Then he needs to start w a press conference today letting DQ move on followed by the hiring of a REAL NFL EXEC as consultant for football operations to help him sort thru what we have now, what we want and how to get there w both players and personnel.  Move rich over marketing and public relations, hold TD in place, promote a coord to finish this season out (does not matter which one really) and work with our consultant(s) to rebuild leadership, coaching and in process develop an org philosophy that guides hiring, firing and personnel decisions as well as translates to on-field ID.  Needs to happen now!

Link to post
Share on other sites

This franchise quite simply does not have a commitment to excellence.  "Kinda good" is fine here. If that wasnt the case then people's who's shelf life expired seasons ago wouldn't still be here.

On the subject of Blank, I don't think he has a very good understanding of what it takes to build solid football teams. He seems to like flash and dazzle, and seems to get taken by coaches that talk a good game but can't produce.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

For me it’s not even that.

Before Blank the Falcons were the doormat of the league those been around long enough no this.

Expectations were naught now we expect a lot more and Blank and others right now deserve what they are getting.

But I’m very suspicious throwing shade because I know what this team was before Blank owned the team.

“Throwing shade“, dude, it’s FACTS! If I was making this up criticize all day, but this is etched in history, not my imagination. Also, the Falcons went to the Super Bowl in 1998 and also went to the second round of the playoffs in 2001/2002, all before Blank. 

Yes, the Falcons were horrible in the 60’s-80’s but we weren’t the “doormat” of the league and Reeves played a big part in that. 
 

Guess what we are under Blanks regime though? We aren’t the doormat, we are the LAUGHINGSTOCK of the league!

Under The Great Arthur Blank = Mike Vick goes to prison, Bobby Petrino infidelity and crashing a motorcycle drunk with an intern on it then leaves mid-season, 28-3, two 7-9 seasons after being arguably the best team in football (SB year), letting two assistants walk who are now HC’s of successful teams, now this season. The tarnish on the Atlanta Falcons is the worst it’s been since Blank took over, PERIOD. Where am I wrong? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

Slander is defined by saying untrue things. Everything I states is a FACT. It’s great he’s passionate and WANTS a Super Bowl, this doesn’t mean he’s the right owner to make that happen. He just happens to have the money and wanted a football team. Money talks in the NFL - anyone can buy a team if they have enough money, even someone who’s never watched a football play in their life could buy a team if they had the money. Failure in any organization starts from the top and if you don’t see blunder after blunder falling on Blanks plate you’re delusional and beyond a “homer”. Reality check time! 

What I have seen since Blank became the owner of the Falcons Is 3 NFC Championship appearances and a SB appearance that the players blew. It’s hard as **** to win in the NFL. Blank has done a lot to give the franchise what it needs. He had NO idea his first 100 million dollar QB would get himself thrown in prison. He had NO idea his players and coach would blow a 25 point lead in a SB. 
 

Far as coaches go, he missed out on Mike Tomlin & John Harbaugh. But to be fair, If you remember there were a lot of people who were shocked at both of those hires. One (Tomlin) was a choice many ppl didn’t see coming and Harbaugh was a special teams coach. Blank has done his job IMO for the majority of his time as the owner. Like I said before, his biggest mistake was hiring TD. These players and his GM have let him down again and again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

🤦🏾‍♂️ There’s no hope for some of you 

You’re right man. These are the folks who don’t “get it” yet and keep thinking we’re gonna run the table and it’s going to be the best comeback story in sports history. I used to be this fan, but year after year of the same decisions have taught me the results will always be the same haha. Who says there isn’t a life lesson being a Falcons fan!? Hahahaha 

Edited by matty72780
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, matty72780 said:

You’re right man. These are the folks who don’t “get it” yet and keep thinking we’re gonna run the table and it’s going to be the best comeback story in sports history. I used to be this fan, but year after year of the same decisions have taught me the results will always be the same haha. 

Since you have the answers, please give me a run down on the EXACT RIGHT Coach and GM we should hire next the will take us all the places that Blank’s blunders have kept us from reaching. If you do, I will save it and see how it works out In 3-5 yrs. If you can’t give me a rundown or some answers, then you’re doing what most naysayers do. Just yap,yap, yapping,  like you have the answers when you have no clue either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, treboyplay said:

What I have seen since Blank became the owner of the Falcons Is 3 NFC Championship appearances and a SB appearance that the players blew. It’s hard as **** to win in the NFL. Blank has done a lot to give the franchise what it needs. He had NO idea his first 100 million dollar QB would get himself thrown in prison. He had NO idea his players and coach would blow a 25 point lead in a SB. 
 

Far as coaches go, he missed out on Mike Tomlin & John Harbaugh. But to be fair, If you remember there were a lot of people who were shocked at both of those hires. One (Tomlin) was a choice many ppl didn’t see coming and Harbaugh was a special teams coach. Blank has done his job IMO for the majority of his time as the owner. Like I said before, his biggest mistake was hiring TD. These players and his GM have let him down again and again. 

Right, but the fact we haven’t had a winning season in 2 years and an additional 3 games this season falls on Blank. He’s not making a necessary change which in turn is hurting this franchise more than anything. We have a limited window with Matt Ryan and Julio Jones approaching the twilight of their careers and Arthur Blank committing to mediocrity which has proven itself over the last two years and three games doesn’t show much of a commitment to winning, it shows complacency.

Arthur Blank has the inevitable “say so” On all final football decisions as a relates to this team. The fact that he has kept Dan Quinn and the fact that he hired two outcast NFL head coaches (both Morris + Koetter barely have .300 win %) to be our coordinators on both side of the ball expecting positive results is inexcusable. 
 

Not to mention, the price gouging Arthur Blank rolled out to season-ticket holder’s to watch a team that continues to implode is also evident of a poorly run organization that is legitimately out of touch with what we need as a whole (but hey, at least hotdogs cost less now). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, matty72780 said:

Right, but the fact we haven’t had a winning season in 2 years and an additional 3 games this season falls on Blank. He’s not making a necessary change which in turn is hurting this franchise more than anything. We have a limited window with Matt Ryan and Julio Jones approaching the twilight of their careers and Arthur Blank committing to mediocrity which has proven itself over the last two years and three games doesn’t show much of a commitment to winning, it shows complacency.

Arthur Blank has the inevitable “say so” On all final football decisions as a relates to this team. The fact that he has kept Dan Quinn and the fact that he hired two outcast NFL head coaches (both Morris + Koetter barely have .300 win %) to be our coordinators on both side of the ball expecting positive results is inexcusable. 
 

Not to mention, the price gouging Arthur Blank rolled out to season-ticket holder’s to watch a team that continues to implode is also evident of a poorly run organization that is legitimately out of touch with what we need as a whole (but hey, at least hotdogs cost less now). 

Look, if we’re talking strictly on what he should do and maybe should have done regarding Quinn and this constant losing that he’s doing I’m on board with saying he should step in and do something. **** He should have already done something. I can agree with that 100%. I just can’t disrespect or put all the blame of the Falcons failures on him since he’s been the owner. These players had everything they needed and they let him down. He did a lot for this city and sports team and I appreciate it. 
 

Plus I can’t talk about what he charges. I’ll never knock a man for getting money. Especially when I have the choice to spend with him or not. Get your money Blank. Lord knows I would do the same. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, treboyplay said:

Since you have the answers, please give me a run down on the EXACT RIGHT Coach and GM we should hire next the will take us all the places that Blank’s blunders have kept us from reaching. If you do, I will save it and see how it works out In 3-5 yrs. If you can’t give me a rundown or some answers, then you’re doing what most naysayers do. Just yap,yap, yapping,  like you have the answers when you have no clue either. 

I’m not an NFL executive, I don’t get paid to do that, but if I did I can assure you I would do a much better job for this organization. I don’t dedicate my life to making sure the NFL team that I have the level affiliation with is successful, however, our front office does and this is the result of their dedication? Stating the facts isn’t complaining or being a naysayer, it’s being a realist. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, treboyplay said:

Look, if we’re talking strictly on what he should do and maybe should have done regarding Quinn and this constant losing that he’s doing I’m on board with saying he should step in and do something. **** He should have already done something. I can agree with that 100%. I just can’t disrespect or put all the blame of the Falcons failures on him since he’s been the owner. These players had everything they needed and they let him down. He did a lot for this city and sports team and I appreciate it. 
 

Plus I can’t talk about what he charges. I’ll never knock a man for getting money. Especially when I have the choice to spend with him or not. Get your money Blank. Lord knows I would do the same. 

“Getting Money”? The default rate of season-ticket holder’s prior to Covid has been the highest it’s ever been Atlanta Falcons history, so it seems as though that “getting money“ tactic has blown up in his face just like all of his hiring decisions. But sure, “get that money“ Arthur Blank.

 

Let’s break this down in a very simple digestible way. Let’s say you owned a furniture store, your furniture has had very poor reviews, your furniture store has seen less customers come into that store to purchase furniture year over year. As the owner of that furniture store your strategy is to increase pricing of your poorly made product by over 30% to that same customer? Seems like you’re going out of business. How is what Arthur Blank doing any different?

Edited by matty72780
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think we just need a better offensive coordinator. (I don't think Koetter is terrible just not championship caliber) and possibly a better defensive coordinator (too early to tell about Morris). I think Quinn is fine if he has the right cordinators. Dimitroff is fine.

No lead is safe with this coaching staff!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, matty72780 said:

“Throwing shade“, dude, it’s FACTS! If I was making this up criticize all day, but this is etched in history, not my imagination. Also, the Falcons went to the Super Bowl in 1998 and also went to the second round of the playoffs in 2001/2002, all before Blank. 

Yes, the Falcons were horrible in the 60’s-80’s but we weren’t the “doormat” of the league and Reeves played a big part in that. 
 

Guess what we are under Blanks regime though? We aren’t the doormat, we are the LAUGHINGSTOCK of the league!

Under The Great Arthur Blank = Mike Vick goes to prison, Bobby Petrino infidelity and crashing a motorcycle drunk with an intern on it then leaves mid-season, 28-3, two 7-9 seasons after being arguably the best team in football (SB year), letting two assistants walk who are now HC’s of successful teams, now this season. The tarnish on the Atlanta Falcons is the worst it’s been since Blank took over, PERIOD. Where am I wrong? 

Under Rankin Smith ownership we were a walking mat.

You remember when the Niners use to laugh there way into Atlanta and laugh there way out.

8 playoff appearances in 42 seasons are you seriously saying there’s any comparison.Under Blanks watch it’s been the walk back to respectability your kidding yourself thinking anything different.Under Blank as above the Falcons are light years better than what we were that’s common knowledge.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...