The Falcon-Quinn link is now poisoned

I do not believe that this organization is as committed to winning as most other NFL organizations are. I think the SB 51 wounds are still and will always be there for those coaches and players that played that game. Falcons need a total overhaul...the likes of which would take us down to an expansion team's level. Does that sound painful? Absolutely....but it is sorely needed. 

There is a laziness that exists now. Quite possibly, this is due to the basic concept that football is not the most important thing in the world to these guys. It is that mentality that sets forth the notion that it's ok to not give 100% effort 100% of the time. Now I'm not saying that's acceptable, but it is apparent. But as we all know, when it comes to the NFL, you give less than 100% effort and you are going to lose, and lose frequently.

I wrote the above after the loss to Dallas. I would like to expand and perhaps modify it a bit. I believe now that it is common knowledge of the SB51 loss and the link between it and the Falcons and Quinn. Some of you disagreed with my laziness explanation. Perhaps you were right. But if I may, after thinking about this a while, I believe the problem is that the players become fearful, lost, and are overtaken by a loss of confidence during the 4th qtr of a big game. These are all big games now. Until  the Falcons lose that 7th or 8th game of the season...they still actually have a heartbeat. The pressure combined with the poisoned Falcon-Quinn-SB link are too much for them to overcome. Even when new players arrive, they know about Quinn and the Falcon failures of the past.  They are effected as well.  How else can you explain the 6-2 finish to the 2019 season!?  There was no more pressure....there would be no playoff game to ultimateley suffer another crushing defeat. 

So, I look across the board and see 1 or 2 some posts questioning if Quinn is the main problem or a problem at all?  Well my opinion remains that he is not head coach caliber. But regardless of whether that is true or not, I still believe that he and the Falcons should part ways. There is just way too much poison there....and there will be no chance to heal with Quinn as our coach.  

2 hours ago, jm_falcons said:

I do not believe that this organization is as committed to winning as most other NFL organizations are. I think the SB 51 wounds are still and will always be there for those coaches and players that played that game. Falcons need a total overhaul...the likes of which would take us down to an expansion team's level. Does that sound painful? Absolutely....but it is sorely needed. 

There is a laziness that exists now. Quite possibly, this is due to the basic concept that football is not the most important thing in the world to these guys. It is that mentality that sets forth the notion that it's ok to not give 100% effort 100% of the time. Now I'm not saying that's acceptable, but it is apparent. But as we all know, when it comes to the NFL, you give less than 100% effort and you are going to lose, and lose frequently.

I wrote the above after the loss to Dallas. I would like to expand and perhaps modify it a bit. I believe now that it is common knowledge of the SB51 loss and the link between it and the Falcons and Quinn. Some of you disagreed with my laziness explanation. Perhaps you were right. But if I may, after thinking about this a while, I believe the problem is that the players become fearful, lost, and are overtaken by a loss of confidence during the 4th qtr of a big game. These are all big games now. Until  the Falcons lose that 7th or 8th game of the season...they still actually have a heartbeat. The pressure combined with the poisoned Falcon-Quinn-SB link are too much for them to overcome. Even when new players arrive, they know about Quinn and the Falcon failures of the past.  They are effected as well.  How else can you explain the 6-2 finish to the 2019 season!?  There was no more pressure....there would be no playoff game to ultimateley suffer another crushing defeat. 

So, I look across the board and see 1 or 2 some posts questioning if Quinn is the main problem or a problem at all?  Well my opinion remains that he is not head coach caliber. But regardless of whether that is true or not, I still believe that he and the Falcons should part ways. There is just way too much poison there....and there will be no chance to heal with Quinn as our coach.  

I’ve said it until I’m blue in the face.....THIS!!!!