I used to see people around here crush Vic Beasley because he led the team in sacks but wasn’t a well rounded DE.  Most years Vic was near the bottom in Edge rankings.  Well so far, Fowler Jr, is ranked 107th out of 109 qualified edge defenders.  Hopefully this wasn’t another FA miss

My concern with Fowler was he is a guy better featured in space as a 34 OLB.  Wade Phillips made  clever use of his unique physical skillset... unfortunately we don’t have WP on the coaching staff.  

I preferred Robert Quinn or Everson Griffen (neither doing much) because they had multiple years of production.  Fowler had just one....and when you realize half his pressures/sacks came when he was unblocked the year becomes less impressive.  Hopefully Fowler can get healthy and turn his play up a notch or two

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m assuming all these numbers being posted are from that fantasy site pff?   I’m not defending Fowler’s sack production, but it’s absurd to anyone with eyes to say Gurley is 51st among RBs

Its still early.

It's 3 games. Meanwhile. Looking at the stats of the players we released in the almighty "cap purge" Hooper- 60 yards, 0 TDs Trufant- 2 tackles Devondre Campbell- 6 tackles Vic Bea

23 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Honestly our FA acquisitions have been blah.

1. Hurst: 55th of 65 TE’s
  2. Fowler Jr: 107th of 109 EDGE
  3. Gurley: 51st of 52 RB’s
  4. Stocker: 49th of 65 TE’s
  5. Dennard: 32nd of 107 CB’s
  6. Bucannon: didn’t make roster

Regarding rookies: Walker looks nice.  Hoped to see more from Marlon Davidson yesterday

Was counting on marlon also. This 3 down linemen thing with fowler and tak standing up worked when tak was playing. It was a fail 1st 8 weeks last year. Dont think anything will work with all the injuries. Even grady went out.

2 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Was counting on marlon also. This 3 down linemen thing with fowler and tak standing up worked when tak was playing. It was a fail 1st 8 weeks last year. Dont think anything will work with all the injuries. Even grady went out.

Good point.  We are not suited for odd man fronts

43 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I used to see people around here crush Vic Beasley because he led the team in sacks but wasn’t a well rounded DE.  Most years Vic was near the bottom in Edge rankings.  Well so far, Fowler Jr, is ranked 107th out of 109 qualified edge defenders.  Hopefully this wasn’t another FA miss

My concern with Fowler was he is a guy better featured in space as a 34 OLB.  Wade Phillips made  clever use of his unique physical skillset... unfortunately we don’t have WP on the coaching staff.  

I preferred Robert Quinn or Everson Griffen (neither doing much) because they had multiple years of production.  Fowler had just one....and when you realize half his pressures/sacks came when he was unblocked the year becomes less impressive.  Hopefully Fowler can get healthy and turn his play up a notch or two

I was against this signing from the beginning and called last year a fluke and a Donald presence. I hate to say I've been right so far. Din't we pull this with a Vikings DE when he had two of the best interior lineman a few years back and he did nothing for us.

41 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Regarding rookies: Walker looks nice.  Hoped to see more from Marlon Davidson yesterday

I'd give Marlon time 1st game in NFL and after an injury

45 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Treadwell didn't make the team either.

I’m assuming all these numbers being posted are from that fantasy site pff?

I’m not defending Fowler’s sack production, but it’s absurd to anyone with eyes to say Gurley is 51st among RBs as another post stated. And Hurst has played three games with us and has 2 TDs.

It delegitimizes the entire ranking system. 

out. 

3 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

I’m not defending Fowler’s sack production, but it’s absurd to anyone with eyes to say Gurley is 51st among RBs as another post stated. And Hurst has played three games with us and has 2 TDs.

out. 

In other words

Pff is trash

10 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I was against this signing from the beginning and called last year a fluke and a Donald presence. I hate to say I've been right so far. Din't we pull this with a Vikings DE when he had two of the best interior lineman a few years back and he did nothing for us.

Yeah its not looking good, said hes been hurt since training camp which is terrible  news .

8 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

out. 

Both Gurley and Hurst are on pace for 10 TD's.

Sooooooo yeah

Pff is trash

43 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

out. 

Bro Gurley broke his first tackle midway through week 3. Dude has been trash, though it was good to see him have a few decent runs so maybe he'll play better. Hurst has been whatever, he has one great catch and two TDs where he was essentially schemed wide open, we clearly miss Hooper on third downs. And Fowler has been an enormous disappointment so far as he has been a complete non factor on the run and has caused maybe three pressures all year. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot
10 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Bro Gurley broke his first tackle midway through week 3. Dude has been trash, though it was good to see him have a few decent runs so maybe he'll play better. Hurst has been whatever, he has one great catch and two TDs where he was essentially schemed wide open, we clearly miss Hooper on third downs. And Fowler has been an enormous disappointment so far as he has been a complete non factor on the run and has caused maybe three pressures all year. 

I think gage is getting all of Hursts' passes. Give it some time though cause matt is gonna get him KO'd for the season.

17 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Why do we miss Hooper when Gage gets yac?