There was at least 3 times M/Ryan could have tucked and ran for first downs

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's not his game

Also it's a fallacy, Ryan didn't throw Gage into a hit. Gage caught the ball and then the safety came and hit him coming from behind after he caught the ball and started running. Players get hit in fo

He got Gage hurt? Really?

59 minutes ago, me4falcons said:

Sucks to be Ryan cause you have to be perfect and never throw picks.

you got to be perfect when other QBs aren't.

you got be perfect and constantly score points because no lead is safe.

you have to score more than 30 a game because our def. is averaging giving up 30 a game. 

You can be 3rd in passing and 5th in TDs and you are the problem because you pressed on a throw trying to win a game which should already been won.

Miss me with all this bs.

Yup.

When he makes a mistake he should get flack for that mistake....not having the entire loss put on him and have him bring called things like Trash and other things.

3 hours ago, thanat0s said:

I’d love to see some of our fans take a blind shot under chin by a 250lb torpedo like Matt did Sunday, and then turn around and even complete a single pass the rest of the day, much less recognize every single possibility these same people find after rewinding the game a half dozen times. 

Sorry for my run on sentence, but these things are tiresome...

Bingo.

Matt got trucked like a Rock 'em Sock 'em robot and still carried on, but they "want him to run more".

1 hour ago, jlrfalcon said:

And, this past game should be the greatest example of why we should not be so eager to hand this team over to a rookie QB - Trubisky has been a nightmare for Chicago and now they have basically put old man Foles in charge until further notice.

There will likely be 2-3 QB's every draft that become starters and only 1-2 that remain so after a few years.  This city has been lucky to have a solid QB for this long and just needs to get the things around him corrected rather than correcting him.

Everybody who wants a new QB here should be forced to watch endless video of the likes of Turk Shonert, Scott Campbell, Chris Miller, Doug Johnson and Joey Harrington under center for Atlanta. 

Those are the handful of the awful QBing that readily comes to mind.  

1 hour ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I've said this many times, but you can criticize MR for different things, but he is the toughest QB I've ever seen. 

This^. I remember that Detroit game where his ankle got stomped on by a Detroit lineman and it went 90 degrees. I thought Ryan was done for the year but I think he missed one series.

1 hour ago, Baller said:

He’s not even looking to run anymore for whatever reason. He could use some balance work ala Alvin Kamara 

He ran 4 times for 16 yards against the Cowboys. Running all over the place is not Ryan's game. Here's the numbers for his year-by-year rushing numbers. Nothing has changed.

• 2008 = 55 CAR, 104 YDS (1.9), 1 TD, 13 First Downs
  • 2009 = 30 CAR, 49 YDS (1.6), 1 TD, 9 First Downs
  • 2010 = 46 CAR, 122 YDS (2.7), 0 TD, 10 First Downs
  • 2011 = 37 CAR, 84 YDS (2.3), 2 TD, 11 First Downs
  • 2012 = 34 CAR, 141 YDS (4.1), 1 TD, 8 First Downs
  • 2013 = 17 CAR, 55 YDS (3.2), 0 TD, 5 First Downs
  • 2014 = 29 CAR, 145 YDS (5.0), 0 TD, 10 First Downs
  • 2015 = 36 CAR, 63 YDS (1.8), 0 TD, 9 First Downs
  • 2016 = 35 CAR, 117 YDS (3.3), 0 TD, 13 First Downs
  • 2017 = 32 CAR, 143 YDS (4.5), 0 TD, 11 First Downs
  • 2018 = 33 CAR, 125 YDS (3.8), 3 TD, 15 First Downs
  • 2019 = 34 CAR, 147 YDS (4.3), 1 TD, 10 First Downs
  • 2020 = 6 CAR, 14 YDS (2.3), 0 TD, 1 First Down

People are asking Matt Ryan to do something that's just not apart of his game. At this point its just more Matt Ryan slander for absolutely no reason.

36 minutes ago, Mr.Blank said:

This^. I remember that Detroit game where his ankle got stomped on by a Detroit lineman and it went 90 degrees. I thought Ryan was done for the year but I think he missed one series.

1 play. He only missed one play. Came back in on 3rd down and threw a strike to Harry Douglas for a 40 something yard gain.

3 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Every day I come to these boards, and I'm glad that I do, because if I didn't, I would miss comedy like this! This is honestly one of the dumbest assertions I have ever seen. 

Nothing like being the best QB in Falcon's history, and constantly taking a raft of **** from a bunch of fools. We are all going to miss MR when he goes elsewhere/retires.

I get it. I’m with you. Lifelong fan. And our QB can’t close big games and can’t hold big leads. Say what you want. But we’re in dreamland if you think we see post season again with him at the helm. Brian Hoyer.