There was at least 3 times M/Ryan could have tucked and ran for first downs

• Blitz28179 changed the title to There was at least 3 times M/Ryan could have tucked and ran for first downs
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's not his game

Also it's a fallacy, Ryan didn't throw Gage into a hit. Gage caught the ball and then the safety came and hit him coming from behind after he caught the ball and started running. Players get hit in fo

He got Gage hurt? Really?

11 hours ago, falconsrsuper said:

Ryan use to do this alot and for some reason he never considers it anymore. I seen times where if he had ran he would have gotten a first down and more. It seems all these times was on 3rd down where he decided to throw it and not being set and threw bad passes :(

2 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Pics or didn't happen

I saw it too. My theory is he is turning into Breesus, you know a stats whore...slightly purple

Yeah, he also overshot Ridley and Zaccheaus which should have resulted in TDs. Also missed a wide open Hurst or Ridley(cant remember) on a crucial third down late in the game underneath trying to force it to Zaccheaus on a corner route. Ryan didn't help his case, especially in the second half. But honestly, the whole team and coaches crapped the bed again. Isn't a Ryan problem. We should have the blown the Bears out by three TDs if we executed a few plays here and there. But also Koetter shouldn't sniff a OC job ever again. So tired of the good ole boy network in the NFL. That's the only reason Dirk has this job.

1 hour ago, PensacolaFalcon said:

Lets be honest here Gage getting hurt is a much better scenario then Ryan getting hurt. Ryan was getting hit enough by the bears D no need to give them a free shot in the open field. 

Also it's a fallacy, Ryan didn't throw Gage into a hit. Gage caught the ball and then the safety came and hit him coming from behind after he caught the ball and started running. Players get hit in football, it's kind of a thing. 

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

That's not his game

I mean, that was never his game but he does it. Hes rushed for 1300 yards and 125 first downs for his career. I wouldnt want him to run anymore than that. As he gets older he will be less inclined to do that (and again, i dont exactly want him to). I do think the game has evolved to the point where you need to be able to move the pocket and extend plays but I also feel this offense has not evolved to that point. There is never movement of the pocket or players in motion. 

I think Ryan can still win games but its not going to be easy with the way this team is constructed. 

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

That's not his game

True... but he has never been shy about tucking it if that was the best option.

He has missed alot of opportunities the last couple of years....he has not been a reason why we have lost but some of those opportunities have been costly in conjunction with the other issues around the team.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

True... but he has never been shy about tucking it if that was the best option.

He has missed alot of opportunities the last couple of years....he has not been a reason why we have lost but some of those opportunities have been costly in conjunction with the other issues around the team.

I agree, his issues this year and last year are not the reason we have lost. They have contributed because there are so many other weaknesses on this team that every little offensive error (not just MR) puts more stress on the defense. It seems like both have to be humming to get a win when that can't always be the case.

Just now, DirtyBird2 said:

I agree, his issues this year and last year are not the reason we have lost. They have contributed because there are so many other weaknesses on this team that every little offensive error (not just MR) puts more stress on the defense. It seems like both have to be humming to get a win when that can't always be the case.

Yup.

The problem is that we are expecting things to be perfect.

In moments like that, it could be learned memory from preparation... you see the speed of Chicago defenders and you make a mental note.

During the game, the opportunity to run may pop up but what in the film study may have told you that a dumpoff pass was the better option.  I think you have to consider that Ryan makes a lot of decisions logically and with forethought... he is not Bret Favre or even Jameis Winston, so he's just not going to assume his athletic ability will just get him where he needs to be.  He relies on his study and his brain and situational awareness... a lot.

Hi, I'm new here, sorry if this has been said for the last, well, since Matt Ryan has been here.  

He's a great passer.  He just is.  Easily top 3, maybe top 2.  

He's a poor decision maker.  He just is.  

Matt Ryan has a rocket arm and is deadly accurate, so accurate that sometimes his passes hurt Julio's hands in the end zone, just saying.

Tuck and run when it's 3rd and short and the nearest D is 20' away and not looking is the obvious choice.  But Ryan doesn't do it.  Even Mitch T carried for 45 yards last week.  Tell me, could the Falcons have benefited from 20-30 more yards on 3rd and shorts?  

Saying this as loud as I can, come at me if you don't like it but come at me with facts, not "I like him".

So here goes:

MATT RYAN IS BRIAN HOYER WITH BETTER RECEIVERS.

2 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Also it's a fallacy, Ryan didn't throw Gage into a hit. Gage caught the ball and then the safety came and hit him coming from behind after he caught the ball and started running. Players get hit in football, it's kind of a thing. 

Gage was already running he got hit before he could even look to his left