If Sam Darnold goes 3-3 in his next 6 games, he could be 14-21 too in his last 35...

6 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

If and or buts Comparing Darold with Ice is why we can't have nice things.

Darnold 11-18 record with the Jets.  Everyone blames the Falcons performance on every other factor but Ryan, yet Darnold has lesser talent and resources than Ryan in each of them. Yet...

Darnold’s career winning percentage = 37.9%
Ryan’s winning percentage during the same period = 40%

20 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Darnold 11-18 record with the Jets.  Everyone blames the Falcons performance on every other factor but Ryan, yet Darnold has lesser talent and resources than Ryan in each of them. Yet...

Darnold’s career winning percentage = 37.9%
Ryan’s winning percentage during the same period = 40%

Ice is not immune to criticism, I've given mine of him when necessary, but I cannot think of anyone's defense during their QB career that is worse than Ice's, can anyone else?

13 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

What am I making up?  Stating facts.

Just because you are stating facts (that can be twisted anyway you want) does not mean your take is valid. There are a litney of reasons why the team is failing. Matt Ryan is FURTHEST from being one of them....

If you replace MR, do you honestly think the line plays better? The defense magically knows what to do? The ST jump on that ball? Come on man.

2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Ice is not immune to criticism, I've given mine of him when necessary, but I cannot think of anyone's defense during their QB career that is worse than Ice's, can anyone else?

Sam Darnold receives more criticism in NY than Ryan does here for winning 2% fewer games than Ryan during his career.

We can compare the Jets and Falcons.

Just now, DirtyBird2 said:

Just because you are stating facts (that can be twisted anyway you want) does not mean your take is valid. There are a litney of reasons why the team is failing. Matt Ryan is FURTHEST from being one of them....

If you replace MR, do you honestly think the line plays better? The defense magically knows what to do? The ST jump on that ball? Come on man.

I think that we can better value from a $40M 2021 salary cap hit than winning 2% more games than Sam Darnold no matter the circumstance.

3 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Sam Darnold receives more criticism in NY than Ryan does here for winning 2% fewer games than Ryan during his career.

Can we continue this conversation when Darnold gets in the HOF with Ice? Then we can discuss it until we're both drunk.

1 minute ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Ryan is 9th all time in passing yards, been to the playoffs six times and has won the MVP. 

Darnold has not.  

Using you’re logic, I guess Max Fried is better than Tom Glavine ever was because Fried went undefeated this year

6 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

I think that we can better value from a $40M 2021 salary cap hit than winning 2% more games than Sam Darnold no matter the circumstance.

Or maybe the team could be better built with, you know, a defense. Matt Ryan is a better QB than Darnold, and if you even try to argue that you need to get your head checked. 

1 minute ago, DirtyBird2 said:

Or maybe the team could be better built with, you know, a defense. Matt Ryan is a better QB than Darnold, and if you even try to argue that you need to get your head checked. 

He’s a better QB with a better team yet we have the same outcome. This team is a laughing stock, like the Jets. He has been our identity for over 10 years of catastrophic failure.

He does nothing to help his defense since SB 51. He constantly withers when the game is to be had in crunch time because he is limited. 

10 minutes ago, Ghosts of Glanville said:

Ryan is 9th all time in passing yards, been to the playoffs six times and has won the MVP. 

Darnold has not.  

Using you’re logic, I guess Max Fried is better than Tom Glavine ever was because Fried went undefeated this year

What Ryan was once upon a time should not be cause for consideration when evaluating the future direction of this franchise.

The Jets...an embarrassment of a football organization with Darnold at the helm win 2% less of the time than the Falcons since they drafted Darnold (when he's playing).

Just now, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

He’s a better QB with a better team yet we have the same outcome. This team is a laughing stock, like the Jets. He has been our identity for over 10 years of catastrophic failure.

He does nothing to help his defense since SB 51. He constantly withers when the game is to be had in crunch time because he is limited. 

Defense has done nothing to help him and the offense but sure like keeps spewing that fake narrative about Ryan not helping the team. Defense is giving up 30 points a game. The offense puts up the leads only for the defense to lay down.

1 minute ago, ROMERO said:

Defense has done nothing to help him and the offense but sure like keeps spewing that fake narrative about Ryan not helping the team. Defense is giving up 30 points a game. The offense puts up the leads only for the defense to lay down.

Defense is giving up 30ppg because he can’t sustain drives with the arsenal he has.  Ryan is the easiest QB to sack and he rarely picks up easy yards/3rd down conv with his feet. Teams play close to the LOS because they do not respect his arm which in turn puts stress on the run game.

The offense can’t sustain leads because the score in spurts and then disappears for quarters at a time. They keep the defense on the field instead of putting the game away.

6 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

Sam Darnold has less than Ryan.  Wins about the same amount of the time.  Costs a lot less.