Koetter explains why Falcons remained aggressive late against Bears - AJC

@Rings To be fair, Dirk DID call a screen and also a PA shot to OZ out of heavy personnel package.

The issue, as you mentioned, is he is only dabbling with that sort of thing. There seems to be no commitment to Outside zone and those kind of PA shots. So, all together we did miss some plays, but given Matt got rattled he didn’t help out enough.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So we didn't run it because we didn't trust a 16 point lead to be enough to focus on trying to run the ball to protect the lead? So once again, it all comes back to the defense. Koetter is afraid of t

A day later and neither Quinn nor Koetter have a problem with all the passes called in the 4th.  That is troubling

They don't get it and that's why this whole thing needs to be blown up.

Posted Images

On 9/28/2020 at 10:01 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Bears started clamping down on the next three drives. In the 4th when yall are saying we should have pounded it the Bears were geared to stop the run. This OLine is not built for ground and pound in known running situations. That's part of the problem too.

For those who are curious, I go over some football outsiders stats that show this out. LINK The Falcons are not successful in the power game. They run successfully because defenses have to respect the weapons in the passing game as the primary threat. When your play calling removes that threat...the defense says "thank you" and proceeds to shut the door on the running game. 

On 9/29/2020 at 3:09 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

It is but the biggest problem is that secondary and in my opinion it's mostly a talent problem. Very shaky. Quinn and Dimi tried to recreate the legion of boom secondary (Sherman, ET, Kam, Browner and Maxwell) with Oliver, Suave, Dennard, AJ and Neal). Not even close. Pete Carroll is even having trouble recreating that. They better go sign a couple vets and hope Sheffield and Miller can come back and play at a higher level. Miller has been activated.

70 serious question why do you honestly think our corners are struggling.They have had Julio Ridley and Hirst and alike to prepare against yet there still all at sea.Some even for more than 2 off seasons.

In my eyes we are stuck in the Sherman type mold for that position when selecting it or it’s our coaches are still not doing there jobs.

5 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

@Rings To be fair, Dirk DID call a screen and also a PA shot to OZ out of heavy personnel package.

The issue, as you mentioned, is he is only dabbling with that sort of thing. There seems to be no commitment to Outside zone and those kind of PA shots. So, all together we did miss some plays, but given Matt got rattled he didn’t help out enough.

He did, but I don’t believe he did in the fourth, at least not back half of the fourth.  Again, I can’t stand Dirk, but I actually likely quite a few things I saw from him in the first three quarters, but the fourth just felt like classic 2019 Dirk where it doesn’t make sense for our personnel, what’s happening in the game or what will counter what the other teams defense is doing.

Between Ryan and Rodgers there will be a lot of points for sure. We could pull out the stops and finish. I hope so. Or we could blow it in the 4th and set a record nobody can touch for decades. But I hope it’s our time to Rise Up. Maybe some prankster on the team could weld DQ’s hotel door ?