We have got to find a way to stop bleeding yards. We just have to. 

We talk about meltdowns and thats true from the last 2 weeks.

But even back to week 1 the defense has not been able to impose their will, which is why nobody is ever comfortable with a lead. Our defense could spend the majority of the game bending, but eventually they break.
Im encouraged by the turnovers, but some of those mask the fact that they were made after a completion or long drive.

We need to get better at stopping plays and drives, not just trying to trip them up or hoping for a misfire.

X's and O's require execution and focus, not just "juice" and "energy". 

Football is not this complicated that we look so lost out there.

11 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Unexplainable...someone needs to cut Matt Ryan NOW!!

Defense can't give up a lead if the offense can control the ball down the stretch.

Matt's the best QB we've ever had, I don't think its too much to expect him to sustain a couple of drives to end games, especially when you know your defense is suspect.

Everybody has a role in what's happening. Everyone. Including Matty can't "Ice" the game. He would agree as well.

At some point we have got to stop sprinting to defend him  as if he is some helpless kid. Matt is a 13 year NFL vet, he can and should take the heat too as THE leader of this team. QB's get praise for winning and shoulder blame for losing. Thats why they get paid the big bucks while the majority of his defense makes rations. 

Cut him, no. Hold him accountable, you dang right.

22 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

Defense can't give up a lead if the offense can control the ball down the stretch.

Matt's the best QB we've ever had, I don't think its too much to expect him to sustain a couple of drives to end games, especially when you know your defense is suspect.

Everybody has a role in what's happening. Everyone. Including Matty can't "Ice" the game. He would agree as well.

At some point we have got to stop sprinting to defend him  as if he is some helpless kid. Matt is a 13 year NFL vet, he can and should take the heat too as THE leader of this team. QB's get praise for winning and shoulder blame for losing. Thats why they get paid the big bucks while the majority of his defense makes rations. 

Cut him, no. Hold him accountable, you dang right.

Well ****, I thought it was funny...guess not.

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:
  • Yards against #31 
  • Yards per game #31 (463 YPG) second worst to Seattle (497)
  • Points against #32 (36.0 PPG)
  • Rush yards against #13
  • Rush yards #13
  • Takeaways #8 (5 total).

And a few more:

• Pressures - 7th - 26
  • 3rd Down Defense - 10th - 37.84%
  • Hurries - 13th - 10
  • Sacks - 16th - 6
  • Rush Yards Per Attempt - 18th - 4.5
  • Blitz% - 20th - 16.8%
  • DVOA - 28th - 15.5% (thru week 2)
  • Red Zone Defense - 28th - 78.57%
  • Passer Rating Allowed - 28th - 109.7
  • First Downs - 30th - 79
  • YAC Allowed - 31st - 355
  • Pass Yards Allowed - 31st - 1051

Pass defense and red zone defense are turrible.

22 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

And a few more:

• Pressures - 7th - 26
  • 3rd Down Defense - 10th - 37.84%
  • Hurries - 13th - 10
  • Sacks - 16th - 6
  • Rush Yards Per Attempt - 18th - 4.5
  • Blitz% - 20th - 16.8%
  • DVOA - 28th - 15.5% (thru week 2)
  • Red Zone Defense - 28th - 78.57%
  • Passer Rating Allowed - 28th - 109.7
  • First Downs - 30th - 79
  • YAC Allowed - 31st - 355
  • Pass Yards Allowed - 31st - 1051

Pass defense and red zone defense are turrible.

At least we are presurring the qb... Mike Smith would be really proud..

8 hours ago, falcon90 said:

I’m at the point now where I think the success of the defense in Seattle was more of the players and Pete Carroll thing 

I mean if we're being realistic, Seattle hasn't been the same defense since LoB days. It was obvious that defense needed certain players to make it special. Pete Carroll is trying to recreate that defense again, and he started at the key position, which is the safety play(Diggs and Adams). Quinn started on the right foot with Neal, Campbell, and Jones, but never went and got the FS he needs.

2018 was a perfect time to find such a guy in Derwin, Minkah, Bates, Edmunds, or Reid. I was high on Derwin(Go Noles), and Minkah was right there in my book. Fingers were crossed for Reid, Bates, or Edmunds in round 2. We took Oliver and I assumed it was a great pick at the time, but we really needed a FS.

45 minutes ago, falcon90 said:

I’m at the point now where I think the success of the defense in Seattle was more of the players and Pete Carroll thing 

Not really Pete Carroll, it was the players. Quinn inherited a top 5 defense helmed by Gus Bradley. They had all-pro's all over the field so almost any coach would be successful with that unit.