The problems starts with McKay and go down from there

Just now, cwell1 said:

y'all sure love to move the goalposts when deciding to run with a narrative on here smh

I haven't been apart of this discussion so I don't know about moving any goal posts. But I've always said and believed that McKay gets way too much credit for the Bucs success. Tony Dungy built that team and Gruden got them over the hump.

If I remember correctly, when TD was brought on board, McKay's role changed...almost seemed like Blank liked him too much to fire him from the GM role.  I really don't know why he was kept on.  I can't recall knowing who the president of football operations is of other teams...owners, gm's, coaches...sure...but not his role.  Always seemed weird.

23 hours ago, insight said:

Prior to last year, Quinn and TD reported directly to Arthur Blank, Mckay was not involved in football operations, he was responsible for building the new stadium.  A change was made after last season and Quinn and TD now longer report directly to  Blank.  Quinn and TD make all of the personnel decisions, it's been that way since Quinn was hired. Mckay was not involved in hiring Quinn, Blank used an outside hiring agency to locate a new head coach.  

Who do you think you are sir. You with your fancy verifiable facts. 

On 9/28/2020 at 4:42 PM, Refried Beans said:

Rich McKay is a great guy and would probably be cool to have a beer with but he I think his time has past as a NFL executive. I mean look at the head coaches and GMs that have been hired under McKay and look where they are now. Mora, Smitty, Petrino,TD, and now Quinn. None of these guys were even sniffed at for head coaches at other teams after they left here. Then look at the players. All these GREAT players like Freeman, Beasley, etc... it wasnt like people were fighting over these people when they left here.  McKay has been here 20 years and the franchise is a mess right now. We all know it's a matter of time before Quinn and possibly TD are booted (unless the Falcons do something miraculous). But as a fan I just dont get excited knowing McKay is going to pick out yet ANOTHER Falcons coach. I think the whole thing needs a rebuild. Team President on down. McKay has had his chance. 

At least someone has picked up on what I've been saying for weeks now. 

4 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Who do you think you are sir. You with your fancy verifiable facts. 

It's frustrating watching the Falcons collapse week after week but creating boogieman to explain why a team cannot block and tackle in the 4th quarter is bizarre to me. Everyone sees the players and the coaches screwing up every week but somehow Rich Mckay is the puppet master of football operations ?  I don't know if Rich Mckay is  doing a good job or not but I do know he is not responsible for players not falling on a onside kick or  playing defense.