The problems starts with McKay and go down from there

Rich McKay is a great guy and would probably be cool to have a beer with but he I think his time has past as a NFL executive. I mean look at the head coaches and GMs that have been hired under McKay and look where they are now. Mora, Smitty, Petrino,TD, and now Quinn. None of these guys were even sniffed at for head coaches at other teams after they left here. Then look at the players. All these GREAT players like Freeman, Beasley, etc... it wasnt like people were fighting over these people when they left here.  McKay has been here 20 years and the franchise is a mess right now. We all know it's a matter of time before Quinn and possibly TD are booted (unless the Falcons do something miraculous). But as a fan I just dont get excited knowing McKay is going to pick out yet ANOTHER Falcons coach. I think the whole thing needs a rebuild. Team President on down. McKay has had his chance. 

I liked McKay early on but after the Jamaal Anderson pick I knew he was in over his head. I dont know how Blank has not gotten rid of him yet. Like I said, from listening to his radio interviews. he does a good job making you believe he knows what he is talking about, but our continued failures in getting a solid coach speak otherwise. It is time for a complete overhaul. 

2 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

I liked McKay early on but after the Jamaal Anderson pick I knew he was in over his head. I dont know how Blank has not gotten rid of him yet. Like I said, from listening to his radio interviews. he does a good job making you believe he knows what he is talking about, but our continued failures in getting a solid coach speak otherwise. It is time for a complete overhaul. 

He has never sniffed a successful NFL staff much less built a Lombardi champion.  He’s soft!!  He’s nice and great for External relationship bldg w our outside partners but he had no business making nfl operational decisions!

I think TD has been held back by McKay to a certain extent. Some of our draft picks are always the  "LOOK AT ME IM THE SMARTEST GUY IN THE ROOM" picks and that reeks of McKay. When we drafted Julio we gave up lots and lots of picks the same way McKay did for Keyshawn Johnson, so you cant tell me McKay isnt still the final say on draft day. 

1 hour ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

He has never sniffed a successful NFL staff much less built a Lombardi champion.  He’s soft!!  He’s nice and great for External relationship bldg w our outside partners but he had no business making nfl operational decisions!

He won a Super Bowl with Tampa before coming here. He for sure drafted a few Hall of Famers there

1 hour ago, cwell1 said:

He won a Super Bowl with Tampa before coming here. He for sure drafted a few Hall of Famers there

Are we sure abt that?? Dungy did not win one there and McKay left before gruden didn’t he??  Either way he’s done nothing but pile onto our misery here.  He’s fixed nothing and his coaching staff is worst in league.  

Isn't McKay on the NFL rules committee?  I may be wrong about that, but if he is I don't think he'll be going anywhere for awhile.  He's also an executive, and I don't think Blank has fired a single exec since he's owned the team.  I could be wrong (and I really hope I am), but I don't think McKay is going anywhere til he choses to.

1 hour ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Are we sure abt that?? Dungy did not win one there and McKay left before gruden didn’t he??  Either way he’s done nothing but pile onto our misery here.  He’s fixed nothing and his coaching staff is worst in league.  

Wow.

Just google it.

McKay was there when they won the SuperBowl.

Is McKay the GM instead of TD now?

But it doesn’t matter if they blow out everyone McKay will still be here.

15 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Wow.

Just google it.

McKay was there when they won the SuperBowl.

Is McKay the GM instead of TD now?

But it doesn’t matter if they blow out everyone McKay will still be here.

He’s on the rules committee I know and I know AB thinks he’s wonderful but he’s not who we need heading up football operations.  The mere fact he encouraged AB to keep DQ last season says he doesn’t get it period!  Google schmoogle.....the dude sucks as head of football operations (if that’s his title here) whether he sniffed their (TBs) Lombardi or not his results here (aside from running the Benz build) speak for themselves.  

6 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Rich McKay is a great guy and would probably be cool to have a beer with but he I think his time has past as a NFL executive. I mean look at the head coaches and GMs that have been hired under McKay and look where they are now. Mora, Smitty, Petrino,TD, and now Quinn. None of these guys were even sniffed at for head coaches at other teams after they left here. Then look at the players. All these GREAT players like Freeman, Beasley, etc... it wasnt like people were fighting over these people when they left here.  McKay has been here 20 years and the franchise is a mess right now. We all know it's a matter of time before Quinn and possibly TD are booted (unless the Falcons do something miraculous). But as a fan I just dont get excited knowing McKay is going to pick out yet ANOTHER Falcons coach. I think the whole thing needs a rebuild. Team President on down. McKay has had his chance. 

I think you hit the nail on the head, everyone talks about Quinn and Dimitroff but Mckay was chosen to be the guy they report to and has signed off on all their missteps. He needs to be in a single file line with them when they're heading out of the door. 

Prior to last year, Quinn and TD reported directly to Arthur Blank, Mckay was not involved in football operations, he was responsible for building the new stadium.  A change was made after last season and Quinn and TD now longer report directly to  Blank.  Quinn and TD make all of the personnel decisions, it's been that way since Quinn was hired. Mckay was not involved in hiring Quinn, Blank used an outside hiring agency to locate a new head coach.  

I’ve had it up to here with reading “Quinn is a good guy, McKay is a good guy, etc”.   These dudes throw people under the bus at the drop of a hat.  The promising coaches (LaFleur) and execs with a successful track record (Pioli) get chased out of town while the McKay clique keeps their jobs.  

Problem #1 is culture.  Everyone from the team president down to the players is protecting one another.  The only solution is to rip the whole thing out.