Maybe we should just take our medicine!

It's clear to most everyone other than Quinn, Dimitroff and Blank that this season is a wash.  Sure, there is the mathematical possibility of a turnaround, but if we are honest, we know better.  Like most people who follow the Falcons, I would like to see a thorough housecleaning of this staff and front office, but also like the rest of you that isn't my call to make.  

So, we are going to be the doormat of the league this year.  Maybe it is what it is.  After all, bringing Lombardi back from the dead is not going to jumpstart this team this year.

The Falcons have made it easy to not watch them the rest of this crazy year and hope for real change in 2021.

Look on the bright side, if Blank fired DQ now, maybe TD would be able to hang on, make nice to the new head coach and save his job.  

The She-shed is on fire.  Better to let it burn to the ground.

Is it the coaching or the front office?  The answer is...YES!

Some examples:  

• Good coaches do not lose huge leads over and over.
  • Good coaches do not have teams that start off slowly year after year.
  • Good coaches make adjustments at halftime and improve their team's chances.
  • Good coaches do not let their team commit stupid penalties at crunch time.
  • Good coaches put their players in the best position to win and demand they perform.
  • Good coaches value preparation over slogans.
  • Good coaches/front offices build strong offensive and defensive lines.
  • Good coaches/front offices do not need to constantly redraft the same positions - defensive linemen and defensive backs - year after year.
  • Good coaches/front offices are able to find excellent placekickers and special team players.
  • Good coaches/front offices build depth on their rosters because injuries happen in the NFL.
  • Good coaches/front offices do not turn over their entire staff every couple of years to cover for their own deficiencies.
  • Good coaches/front offices do not extend players (even good ones) indefinitely.  They trade them and constantly retool through the draft and free agency.

It’s a disease!!!!  AB wanted to believe we had the braintrust and nucleus in place for a decade of excellence....heck we all did.  Unfortunately we learned at least by last season, as if LI and intervening years weren’t clues, that we had nothing but a great OC, QB and skill team who rolled up historic scores en route to a dominant SB performance....only prblm was, we met an opponent w enough study  time and IQ to diagnose our inability to handle a well crafted pass rush.  That shut our O down at which time a few basic football 101 coaching decisions were required to ice the game.......our hemispherically inferior HC could NOT....I repeat COULD NOT, compute the simple fact that taking a knee and kicking effectively puts the game out of reach.   He allows the ONE and only decision that would’ve squeaked the door open for his opponent who was gasping for its last breaths of life.  He allows this and then proceeds to watch a game which he had zero control over at any point get away from his players and coordinators.   That’s the very definition of poor HC!!   You’re the HEAD C for purposes of ensuring the game plan is organized, implemented and followed!!!!! He allowed his coord to break w 100 years worth of football evidence and embraced the only solution that would offer his opponent an opportunity!!!  What else does anyone need to know about this guy???  There are 3rd graders on playgrounds all over the world who know better than to not “take the points” and end the game!!!!   We’re paying this guy millions!!! There is, was and never will be a justification to keep him here one minute longer!!! AB tell Rich McKay you’ll listen to him when he shows you his Lombardi!!!   Get up outta the bed and get it done man or you will never see one yourself!!!!!!!!

I agree totally Bubbasbeans.  I remember our situation after the late Julio catch in the SB.  I said to the room:  "We are going to kick a field goal to win the game - just no penalties and no sacks!!"  We had the ball on the 22 yard line!!  Freeman loses a yard.  Then, we take a sack.  Call a timeout, and then we have a holding penalty. 

The Falcons had found the secret sauce to lose the Super Bowl.     

2 hours ago, Tmodel66 said:

It's clear to most everyone other than Quinn, Dimitroff and Blank that this season is a wash.  Sure, there is the mathematical possibility of a turnaround, but if we are honest, we know better.  Like most people who follow the Falcons, I would like to see a thorough housecleaning of this staff and front office, but also like the rest of you that isn't my call to make.  

So, we are going to be the doormat of the league this year.  Maybe it is what it is.  After all, bringing Lombardi back from the dead is not going to jumpstart this team this year.

The Falcons have made it easy to not watch them the rest of this crazy year and hope for real change in 2021.

Look on the bright side, if Blank fired DQ now, maybe TD would be able to hang on, make nice to the new head coach and save his job.  

The She-shed is on fire.  Better to let it burn to the ground.

If DQ goes TD MUST GO !