Per 680, Mort reporting Falcons are not ready to move on from Quinn ...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prepare for 5 more games of

The last 2 freaking games were WINNABLE you ridiculous excuse of a franchise

We definitely should be 2-1.

Posted Images

I sense that Blank fears "firing" Quinn and coming out to the players as the bad guy and would rather have Quinn "resign" instead, especially in mid-season.

The players are too loyal still to Quinn and this link will need to be broken peacefully or risk having a disgruntled bunch for the remainder of this season.  The games may not mean anything but Blank will surely not want to go 0-16.

24 minutes ago, athell said:

Should change our team name to the ShouldaCoulda's...ladies and gentlemen, YOUR ATLANTA SHOULDACOULDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

LOL, that one made me smile. Which reminds me about my outrageous prediction on how improved the D would be this year. I bought in on the Raheem at DC 2nd half lie of last season. SMH, I'm ready to eat my crow on that one......

But truthfully, not only should this team be 2-1, but they had to try real ******* hard not to be, quite frankly. 

12 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

I sense that Blank fears "firing" Quinn and coming out to the players as the bad guy and would rather have Quinn "resign" instead, especially in mid-season.

The players are too loyal still to Quinn and this link will need to be broken peacefully or risk having a disgruntled bunch for the remainder of this season.  The games may not mean anything but Blank will surely not want to go 0-16.

There’s a precedent here. In 2003, didnt Quinn announce that Reeves would be fired at seasons end, but Reeves decided to resign on the spot?

Blank has had a lot more patience with Quinn than he did Reeves. He fired Reeves after the year Vick was out for the year and Kurt Kittner was the QB

Well, this is as I would suspect. A cadre of washed up retreads as coaches which failed elsewhere, a cadre of first round retreads that could not crack star status elsewhere, and you have now, what they are showing. 

Tired of watching and supporting an organization that heaps money upon money for middle of the road players, betting on the come. 

Well, can’t say I’m surprised, but what are you, or can you do, if you ain’t the owner. Just what I’m doing, spewing. Sigh!

LMFAO

What was it that some of the bright posters on here were saying last year? "wait till the end of the year! wait till the end of the year! No coach will want to be here if we fired him so soon."

Yeah that umbilical cord is wrapped around Arthur Blank's neck very tight!  :bang:

10 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

There’s a precedent here. In 2003, didnt Quinn announce that Reeves would be fired at seasons end, but Reeves decided to resign on the spot?

Blank has had a lot more patience with Quinn than he did Reeves. He fired Reeves after the year Vick was out for the year and Kurt Kittner was the QB

I'm sure Blank considered the four other losing seasons Reeves had before he bought the team when he made that decision.

I don't think he'll fire Quinn before he is either eliminated from the playoffs or can not have a winning season. At this point, although not likely, he could still finish anywhere between 9-7 and 13-3 and make the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL, that one made me smile. Which reminds me about my outrageous prediction on how improved the D would be this year. I bought in on the Raheem at DC 2nd half lie of last season. SMH, I'm ready to eat my crow on that one......

But truthfully, not only should this team be 2-1, but they had to try real ******* hard not to be, quite frankly. 

I think a lot of us are in the same boat. I was only hoping for a middling defense, but this defense is epically bad.