Addressing the Ryan Slander

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

And, I’m saying you asked when was the last time when we needed it and it literally happened 3x last year; one in SF vs the eventual NFC Champs.

Ryan may not be that guy? Other QBs get multiple opportunities compared to Matt who can’t have any drive end short of a TD most times.

Beating around the elephant that your defense is rarely capable.

And, we should’ve won yesterday given the injuries but staying pass happy ala SB51 left the window open to begin with. It’s not like they stopped the run. We came out wide and kept throwing. 7 incompletions stopped the clock for them. That’s what...3:30 minutes of game clock?

We should have made the coaching change last year. It was clear Quinn was clueless when he had to fire himself as DC at 1-7.

John Elway was labeled that he couldn't win big games (similarly to Ryan) when Denver finally got smart and made coaching change from Reeves to Shannahan. Like us last year, denver was coming off a 7-9 season and elway was sacked 46 timers. And much like Ryan, Elway was 35. 

Not saying Matt Ryan is John Elway. But to imply he can't win with a good team and coaching staff around him is fans being silly stupid. 

For whatever it's worth, I'm not implying Tzu is saying that. His point (I think) is that Matt has lost his magic trying to do too much. Again, that was the problem with elway too in that 7-9 year before, throwing for only 16 TDs with 10 Ints with 46 sacks. Which is to your point......Errily similar to what Matt has endured the past few seasons.  

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Matty Ice may be on the back nine but hes still a darn good QB in this league and absolutely gives you the chance to win week in and week out. People that say otherwise are just scarred badly from the

Why do you hate the man so much? Yes we are 0-3 on the season but would I say that Ryan is the problem for it? No. Yes he was had a bad game yesterday. Lets be real, game time management and defense h

However you feel about Ryan, and I will say I think he's the best QB the Falcons have ever had, and however you feel about dumb*** Dirk Koetter throwing the ball over and over instead of just running

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

We should have made the coaching change last year. It was clear Quinn was clueless when he had to fire himself as DC at 1-7.

John Elway was labeled that he couldn't win big games (similarly to Ryan) when Denver finally got smart and made coaching change from Reeves to Shannahan. Like us last year, denver was coming off a 7-9 season and elway was sacked 46 timers. And much like Ryan, Elway was 35. 

Not saying Matt Ryan is John Elway. But to imply he can't win with a good team and coaching staff around him is silly. 

(For whatever it's worth, I'm not saying Tzu is saying that.)

And, I’m not saying he is saying that either.

If you both read through the non-sense posts through the pages here, you’d get that others believe you can’t win with Matt.

I’m sick of the blame shift. Haters say it’s excusing Matt. I say, they excuse the by far bigger issues.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

And, I’m not saying he is saying that either.

If you both read through the non-sense posts through the pages here, you’d get that others believe you can’t win with Matt.

I’m sick of the blame shift. Haters say it’s excusing Matt. I say, they excuse the by far bigger issues.

Oh I know. I'm 100% with you on that. 

17 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Does Ryan not have a say in the matter?

As the QB shouldn't he be saying we need to run the ball. Quit sending in passing plays.

But we've seen this before. When Ryan doesn't have confidence in the rest of the team he will press and that's when he's off his game and makes mistakes. 

But it doesn't matter.  The Falcons aren't going to the playoffs. This is another lost season... by week 3.

He begged in the Super Bowl after trusting the coaches. We got in range and blew it.

Why is there constant deflection from the HC doing his job?

And, going rogue just doesn’t happen in the NFL.

Kyle and now Dirk both hide up in the booth.

I don’t slander . I realize what he’s done for the organization and I respect the man he is and the skill set being had. That being said he’s not going to get any better and he’s declining. His Deep Ball is GONE now pretty much non existent . He can’t hit receivers in stride anymore and to me that spells the beginning of the end. I don’t hate Matty Ice in fact I love him he’s one of my favorite Falcons of all time. But I think it’s time to start looking towards the future. Which is I why I wouldn’t hate a Trevor Lawrence or a Justin Fields draft pick.

Edited by Onlygolden1
4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Oh I know. I'm 100% with you on that. 

I agree with you guys.  The "non-Haters" or Ryan bashers or whatever want to call them are clueless and its getting old fast.  Actually been old.  Shifting blame to the QB is easy.  Always has been in the NFL.  People are going on about Cam Newton in New England.  Yeah, well if Ryan had the number one rushing attack and number three defense in the NFL we would be 3 - 0.  

3 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

I agree with you guys.  The "non-Haters" or Ryan bashers or whatever want to call them are clueless and its getting old fast.  Actually been old.  Shifting blame to the QB is easy.  Always has been in the NFL.  People are going on about Cam Newton in New England.  Yeah, well if Ryan had the number one rushing attack and number three defense in the NFL we would be 3 - 0.  

Fans take the lazy way out when emotionally spent, the knee-jerk is always toward the highest paid player, which is the QB. 

27 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

He begged in the Super Bowl after trusting the coaches. We got in range and blew it.

Why is there constant deflection from the HC doing his job?

And, going rogue just doesn’t happen in the NFL.

Kyle and now Dirk both hide up in the booth.

Again, I hate calling for someone's job but Quinn was hired to win football games and he hasn't been doing the job.

I was thinking he had to go after the 1-3 start last season and other than beating the Saints last year I've seen nothing to change my mind.

There's no deflection.

I even pointed out in August of 2019 how Quinn wasn't secure as people thought. The responses to that are pure gold now.'

Anyway Ryan is good. He's just not the guy that's going to pull the Falcons out of the fire anymore... not with this team anyway.

The season is over.  Time to blow it up and prepare for next year.

The longer they keep Quinn the worse it may be.

9 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Defense sucks.. coaches suck.... agree 100%

But the fact of the matter is Ryan has not played like that guy this season.

Could a new OC fix that? Maybe. A new head coach? Maybe

Julio as we knew him might be done.

Ryan’s time is limited as well and this is another wasted season. Next year is probably another wash with a new HC and OC.

I hope Ryan turns it around but I don’t trust him to have that late game magic anymore.

Look, Ryan has some flaws.  The honest debaters here can identify a number of them.  Personally, I hate the fact that he won't audible more.  I don't like the fact he doesn't run more  (not that he is a running QB) or move the pocket.  I don't like that he doesn't have the strongest arm, but yet will try and throw long developing deep passes.  He will also try and force things at times, but his strengths considerably outweigh his flaws.  The problem is this coaching staff is borderline moronic.  We have a QB with an average arm and yet we run an offense where the WR will take 3 sec's and two cuts before they break into deep routes.  When is the last time you have seen a WR do a pure fly route?  With the WR core we have, I would be sending a WR on a deep fly every pass play.  Get corners to play back and drive a safety deep.  We don't move the pocket enough and our running game has been pathetic for what 4 years now.  We don't us motion or counter motion like Shanahan use to.  All of these things we did in 2016 and Ryan flourished.  He is very good.  Instead, we have a coaching staff that can't put a defense on the field, can't get a running game established and has an offense that a JV high school coach can predict and defend.  We do the same thing every game.  Oh, we will change it up time to time and run 12 screen plays to the same side of the field in one half (thanks Sarkisian).  

12 hours ago, Sui_Generis said:

The Falcons have deeper roster issues other than Matt Ryan. The offense is putting up points. They do stall too often, but points on the board near 30+ every game should be enough.

If you look around the league, 30 points isn't enough and not many teams are maintaining leads in week 3. It came down to whichever team and their main player executing in those moments. Stats aren't reflective of those moments. The plays were there in week 3. No first downs the last 4 drives before they took the lead. The plays were there.  Ryan didn't deliver.

As a leader and "elite" player, he is often not capitalizing on moments. Not all is his fault, but when opportunities are there, I have no faith in him. I do wish we got him a good coordinator that's not a retread. Shanahan was the only one that he had had his whole tenure here. That's very unfortunate.