Who's idea do you think it was to fire Sark and Manuel?

Our defense has not gotten any better since we fired Marquard Manuel. I'm fact our 2017 defense is probably our best defense since 1998. Maybe even better than 98.

Even Sark was showing signs of improvement and probably is just as good if not slightly better than Dirk.

The firing of Sark and Manuel just because of one injury cursed season without a solid plan B turned out to be a bad idea. 

Do you think it was Dan Quinn's idea to fire Sark and Manuel? Thomas Dimitroff? or Arthur Blank? 

Just now, BirdGangATL said:

Ryan was coming into 2016 mvp Ryan with Sark’s offense but typical falcons, let’s get ryan a new OC when he put up 38td 6 int 4500+ yard campaign again smh Koetter sucks!

I liked Sarks personality. He had a lot of energy. 

Sark had big flaws, but there was never any universe where he wasn't better than Koetter.

As far as the rest of your questions ... idk man, I think DQ is just not a head coach. What we've seen since 28-3 is the real DQ. We'll keep seeing it as long as he is at the head.

He doesn't know what is missing. He's not going to be able to find and fix it. This is where he tops out ... it's just that simple.

I wanted to keep Sark, mainly becausae Ryan had finally gotten adjusted, and Sark adjusted the playbook to Ryan's preference.  We haven't seen what Ryan can do when he excels in an offensive system beyond the 2nd year.  Early in his career he was in a run first based offense and he didn't have to shoulder so much. Now he is a great player and when he finally gets acclimated these past 6-8 years the OC is pulled out from under him and he has to start all over again.

IMO it would have made so much sense to keep Sark because Ryan was exceeding his stats and his play and it was the defense that took the hit when he played well in Sark's final year.  Giving Matt that continuity and ability to learn and grow over time, along with Sark not likely to ever get a HC offer, means he could have built the rapport that Brady and McDaniels had over all those years in NE.

40 minutes ago, falcon1fan said:

there we're plenty of people calling for sarks head on a platter on these boards as well. Hindsight is 2020.

You are so right! I seem to remember a whole of you calling him out about maybe he is drinking again.

As a Bama fan, I am glad he was fired, he has done a great job there.

Quinn is the issue, has been the issue and always will be issue. AB/TD can fire everyone they want from the DC to the OC to the field crew, it won't change until Quinn is GONE!

25 minutes ago, Macintez said:

It sucks because I didn’t want the guy to get fired because I KNEW we didn’t have any better options out there.

Especially since Ryan had just replicated his MVP season but had a tattered defense that didnt allow him to get the wins we needed either.

16 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

There were more people upset with the hire of DK.....  dark was a fall guy but brining in DK was a bigger head scratcher 

I thought it was so strange because Koetter has NEVER had good running game anywhere he's gone but he's done well in the passing game, but Sark who did a decent job in his two years as our OC did better than Dirk has ever done, and we would prefer to bring in an OC that is 4WR pass heavy and not really a WC, outside running style and expect him to CHANGE his scheme to fit?  Can we say SQUARE PEG, ROUND HOLE?

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think that they need to make sure they have a good plan if they fire Quinn. Most of the potential head coaches are a huge question mark. 

Seriously? What could be worse than DQ?

I would rather give the head coach at Walton High School a chance than keep DQ. At least I know he would be creative and try to something new. DQ keeps doing the same thing over and over and over again. And we keep losing over and over and over again!!

It’s a real shame Sark was a waste of 2017 but then we abandoned the investment when it showed improvement in 2018.

We then gave Dirk all those resources to rebuild the OL and then pick up Gurley...But thought the OC was that bad?

Both were scapegoats. It HAS to be from DQ feeling pressure out of AB; while McKay supposedly became a mediator after 2019’s 1-7?

@capologist to your point, I think it’s ultimately from AB not Rich but he is definitely part of it.

Sark was a bad plan compared to anyone under Kyle, but it was then a worse decision to move on from him after they paid 2017 for him building experience.

I hope nothing, but the best for Sark. He deserved better And the support Dirk got last offseason through now. We are LOADED but still not close to peaking.

And, for all the mismanagement of moving on post-Kyle, Dan has NEVER got a defensive staff he was comfortable with for more than a year or two. Period. Terrible decisions by a supposed HC that was hired on his defense merit.

We are worse than the Smith era average to bad defenses. We average being bad under Quinn.

Pitiful.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

It’s a real shame Sark was a waste of 2017 but then we abandoned the investment when it showed improvement in 2018.

We then gave Dirk all those resources to rebuild the OL and then pick up Gurley...But thought the OC was that bad?

Both were scapegoats. It HAS to be from DQ feeling pressure out of AB; while McKay supposedly became a mediator after 2019’s 1-7?

@capologist to your point, I think it’s ultimately from AB not Rich but he is definitely part of it.

Sark was a bad plan compared to anyone under Kyle, but it was then a worse decision to move on from him.

And, for all the mismanagement of moving on post-Kyle, Dan has NEVER got a defensive staff he was comfortable with for more than a year or two. Period.

Definitely, I just think McKay was heavy in the ear.

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Sark was a bad plan compared to anyone under Kyle, but it was then a worse decision to move on from him after they paid 2017 for him building experience.

I hope nothing, but the best for Sark. He deserved better And the support Dirk got last offseason through now. We are LOADED but still not close to peaking.

And, for all the mismanagement of moving on post-Kyle, Dan has NEVER got a defensive staff he was comfortable with for more than a year or two. Period. Terrible decisions by a supposed HC that was hired on his defense merit.

We are worse than the Smith era average to bad defenses. We average being bad under Quinn.

Pitiful.

Great post. The crazy thing is that we have more talent on defense than we ever had. We have two top 5 guys at their position in Jarrett and Deion. Add in guys like Takk, Fowler, Sheffield, Terrell, and Denard. You have the makings of what should be a top 15 defense easy. Instead, we have a convoluted mess that cannot play simple coverages or tackle that is the worst defense in the league.

Seems like a call above Quinn imo considering the choice was to go with DK. Wasn't too tough on keeping Manuel, but I felt Sark got the raw end. Dude had a crappy O line, and still found a way to have Matt posting MVP numbers. Coleman was averaging almost 5 YPC, and could've been a 1k yard rushing back behind such a piss poor line.

Year 2 under Sark showed a lot of promise. Aside from the 5 week lull we had, I didn't see a reason for us to get rid of him. I remember saying if we got him at least 1 or 2 upgrades on the O line, we would be fine on offense.

5 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

You are so right! I seem to remember a whole of you calling him out about maybe he is drinking again.

As a Bama fan, I am glad he was fired, he has done a great job there.

Quinn is the issue, has been the issue and always will be issue. AB/TD can fire everyone they want from the DC to the OC to the field crew, it won't change until Quinn is GONE!

That always rubbed me the wrong way. Too many people are ****ty human beings.