Is it possible that coaching isn't the problem?

The players such as Matt Ryan, Calvin Ridley, Julio etc) seem very passionate when they say coaching isn't the problem it's on us? I realize they are supposed to say that but they look like they really mean it.

Could it be that we are just lacking a player or two? Maybe an alpha male Ray Lewis type veteran on the field? 

Is it possible we just aren't spending enough money on the defense to get the guys Q needs?

No.

Coaching, is what causes the players not to jump on the ball during the onside kick.

Coaching is what causes our offense to run pass plays instead of using Runs to run out the clock at the end of games.

Coaching is who takes stupid timeouts that benefit the opponent more than us.

Coaching is what had created the mentality that “oh it’s just a loss, we’ll do better next week” instead of being mad and furious and holding players accountable.

Our whole team has “Embraced the Suck”

47 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The players such as Matt Ryan, Calvin Ridley, Julio etc) seem very passionate when they say coaching isn't the problem it's on us? I realize they are supposed to say that but they look like they really mean it.

Could it be that we are just lacking a player or two? Maybe an alpha male Ray Lewis type veteran on the field? 

Is it possible we just aren't spending enough money on the defense to get the guys Q needs?

Oliver alone has cost us at least two games. Maybe three. The rest of the secondary aint much better. Koo left four points in the left end zone seats yesterday and the Oline got exposed a little bit. Not to mention the depth behind the eight starters that were out due to injury. I still think it's more of a talent problem than a coaching problem.

Definitely not the only issue (I stand by what I said with this team's talent being average-ish, probably in that 10-16 range if you were forced to quantify it), but regardless of where you stand on the staff, the culture right now is trash. We have all these "great" players, but no one is making plays when it matters. The mentality of this team is shot, and until we have a massive shakeup, this team is sunk 

9 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Oliver alone has cost us at least two games. Maybe three. The rest of the secondary aint much better. Koo left four points in the left end zone seats yesterday and the Oline got exposed a little bit. Not to mention the depth behind the eight starters that were out due to injury. I still think it's more of a talent problem than a coaching problem.

Koo is a career journeyman who was gifted the job with no competition. Another instance that goes back to coaching.

My Grandpa had a refrigerator...it kept things frozen but it had a smell....every once in a while he would unplug it and clean it out....then put everything back in...but still it had that stench...

Finally he got rid of it and bought a new one...he could have kept it but he couldn't get around that smell...

The Falcons are my Granpa's Freezer..could you keep them as is....sure

But in my opinion this team stank...and if it's my decision....I'm getting a new one..

I'm Ring Of Honor and I approve this message 

How AB didn't stroll down to the sidelines and demand the Bald-headed clown's set of of headphones after he was content to (or just to stupid to realize what was happening) let the refs ignore their blunder in calling two penalties by the Bears "offsetting" and not give us the 15-yard roughing the passer penalty, is beyond me.

Maybe our head clown was thinking up his next slogan after we turned the season around with the win we were about to have yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Definitely not the only issue (I stand by what I said with this team's talent being average-ish, probably in that 10-16 range if you were forced to quantify it), but regardless of where you stand on the staff, the culture right now is trash. We have all these "great" players, but no one is making plays when it matters. The mentality of this team is shot, and until we have a massive shakeup, this team is sunk 

Agree 100% and who sets the mentality for the team? The head coach!

We have talented players up and down the roster, but when they play weak, play soft, and just play stupid, that is leadership and our head coach shows no sign of good leadership.

Lack of accountability is the problem.

TD/DQ will pay for this with their career while the next front office/coaching saviors will be charged with taking a core group of players that have fashioned on 40% winning percentage the last 2+ years and 'get the most out of our 'awesome' talent.

Never mind that 6 of our 14 wins during that stretch were after we were 4-9.

When we dominate the way we do and then fall apart as fast as we do, it is coaching all day and ten times on Sunday. Other staffs are making adjustments to what we are doing and we are not adjusting back. When you watch Isiah Oliver on the football field he is in poor position over and over and over, that is coaching.