Dark Horse Head Coach Candidates

Sidecar Falcon

We have alot of talent on this offense that is built for zone running. I dont want to start over with a new scheme having to draft new players, and having to wait 2 years beforewe finally start seeing results. We just dont have the time matt is in his last prme years, lets get someone thats familiar with this offense and has shown to be a promising head coach someday. 

25 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I hate that guy, and I hope he is never a member of the Falcon's staff, much less leading it.

Thank you, as this is EXACTLY the reason that Williams works. Too many people (Arthur Blank, the players, the fans) “like” Dan Quinn. He’s such a “likable” guy. What has being “nice” gotten us? As I said in my quote “We need a Culture Change”, and it doesn’t involve being NICE Guys that people like. 

We need a team that people learn to RESPECT for the Hard Nosed football that they will play under Gregg Williams.

Despite the 49ers missing QB1, RB1, RB2, TE1, TE2, WR1, CB1, CB2, CB4, DE1, DE3, DE4, DE5, LB2, WR4, WR5, and C1, they've scored 30 points two weeks in a row.

And have only given up 22 points.

I'd get somebody that is definitely a Shanahan disciple either from San Francisco or elsewhere. Lets not forget TD has to go too. Quinn and TD need to gone NOW

If I was Blank Id find some older previous NFL guy to come in for a year or two as head of football operations. Let him find a coach and GM, it's obvious this organization needs a viewpoint different than is has now.

1 hour ago, EpicBird said:

Get Bill Cowher out of retirement. Instant culture change. 

This is what I've been saying all along screw these rookie head coaches, Get someone with Experience because these players are soft and spoiled he will light a fire under them and give the team an identity that is sorely needed. 

I would like a offensive minded Head Coach next time. Then go get a strong defensive coordinator that completely focus on the defense.

It is sad, I really liked Quinn and thought he was going to be the best. But after last season's start and how the first 3 games of this season I can't ignore the obvious anymore. 

How about Todd Bowles, nobody can be successful with the Jets. I think he could build a defense here and with the right offensive coordinator the offense will still be good. The problem with Dan Quinn’s time here has been mostly defense. And bad decisions with his offensive personnel choices. If we don’t go Defensive head coach again. I say we go Mike McDaniels from 49ers. Quinn’s other big mistake was not keeping someone from the historic 2016 staff to run the offense. Look at what GB head coach is doing. That is 2 successfully head coaches from the same offense staff. 

11 minutes ago, 4LoveoftheGame said:

I would like a offensive minded Head Coach next time. Then go get a strong defensive coordinator that completely focus on the defense.

It is sad, I really liked Quinn and thought he was going to be the best. But after last season's start and how the first 3 games of this season I can't ignore the obvious anymore. 

10-6, 7-9, 7-9, 0-3. That’s more than a trend. It’s a track record. 

• 6 months later...
On 9/28/2020 at 9:15 AM, Sidecar Falcon said:

So everyone is throwing out the big names for a potential new HC (Roman, Bienemy, Harbaugh). I want to hear of potential coaches that aren’t getting mentioned. 

One coach I haven’t heard being talked about is Titans OC Arthur Smith. He’s managed to make Tannehill a viable QB in two years. Their running game is ground & pound. He’s worked his way up from the coaching ranks. He’ll come from a defensive/run first coach, who has ties to Belichick. Not to mention he also learned under Matt LaFleur for a season, so he has that additional knowledge. 

Well done Nostradamus. 🤣

On 9/28/2020 at 9:15 AM, Sidecar Falcon said:

So everyone is throwing out the big names for a potential new HC (Roman, Bienemy, Harbaugh). I want to hear of potential coaches that aren’t getting mentioned. 

One coach I haven’t heard being talked about is Titans OC Arthur Smith. He’s managed to make Tannehill a viable QB in two years. Their running game is ground & pound. He’s worked his way up from the coaching ranks. He’ll come from a defensive/run first coach, who has ties to Belichick. Not to mention he also learned under Matt LaFleur for a season, so he has that additional knowledge. 

Nailed it

On 9/28/2020 at 6:15 AM, Sidecar Falcon said:

:tiphat: