I knew we would lose in the third quarter

NorthGaBoy

I thought, why are we playing so conservative.  Do the Falcons know there is a lot of time on the clock?  Do they know playing conservative can allow the Bears to gain momentum?  Did we think the game was won in the middle of the third quarter?

Was this conservative play calling on DQ or DK?  Whoever is responsible needs to be released in the morning.  That is inexcusable.  You go conservative with a lead and think you can run the clock out.  You cannot think you can run the clock out in the middle of the third quarter, right? 

This is as dumb and abandoning the punt and going for it on every 4th down.  What dumb*** BS will we pull out against the Packers?  Oh, I cannot wait.

1 minute ago, octoslash said:

Oh sorry, that was you?

Yep.  I guess we each have to find a way to get over this.  I am thinking the smart move is to look away until 2021.  But I hate that.  For so many years our mantra was "Wait til next year".  And, guess what we got next year.  Tired of waiting.

I don't think we were conservative at all... We were throwing deep routinely 3rd and 5. We had like EIGHT drives in the 2nd half that made up a whooping ~4 minutes of clock. That's not conservative or trying to run the clock out. It's absolutely pathetically aggressive playcalling that reeked of desperation and knowing the defense was going to collapse again. They could barely complete a pass and basically just kept handing the ball back.

Now if you want to talk about the defense playing Soft Zone 3/4 of the game and still getting beat, than yes the defense did play very conservative.

Where I do agree with you 100% is this entire staff needs to go, immediately.

47 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

No offense OP, but we all knew it. It's this feeling we as Falcons fans get. I was in the Falcons-Bears game chat on here and all the fans on the boards were saying it's over when Foles came in. We all knew the Bears has us were they wanted us when we were leading by 16. 

What a pathetic sentence that is. (I completely agree with you, to be clear.) 

It's so hard to believe that we'd be 2-1 if we didn't have the stupidest coaching staff I've ever witnessed, with maybe 2018 Cleveland. I coach high school football and could see we were going to blow it with 6 minutes left in the 4th with almost 100% certainty. If I can see what we are going to do I'd assume that professional coaches can see it. It's just pathetic.

2 hours ago, FalconinPA said:

No offense OP, but we all knew it. It's this feeling we as Falcons fans get. I was in the Falcons-Bears game chat on here and all the fans on the boards were saying it's over when Foles came in. We all knew the Bears had us where they wanted us when we were leading by 16. 

No offense taken.  Well, not from you.  The team I wanted to cheer for has offended me.  But, I am sure we all feel offended.  The coaching staff is offensive.